Latest Comments

If you're looking for the latest comments and voting for the Song Project, Album Project and Revisited Projected Rankings, check out the Project Comments page.

About Styx, Dave wrote:
  Let's not forget about Crystal ball man in the wilderness and miss America great band the time is well overdue!
Sunday, 07.23.17 @ 10:52am
Leave your own comment about Styx here.

About the 2017 Inductees, Enigmaticus wrote:
  Although, it may still be too early to speculate, I think that:

The Moody Blues
Procol Harum
King Crimson
Duran Duran
Sade
Carly Simon
Doobie Brothers
Radiohead

Would be a fine list of inductees for 2018.

What do you, think?
Sunday, 07.23.17 @ 04:20am
Leave your own comment about the 2017 Inductees here.

About The Moody Blues, Enigmaticus wrote:
  Back in November, 1967, The Moody Blues had released rather arguably, the first "progressive" rock album: "Days Of Future Passed." D.O.F.P. had featured two prog rock staples: the romantic, 'Forever Afternoon (Tuesday?)' and the enigmatic, 'Nights In White Satin,' both penned by who at the time, had been their most recent musical acquisition- guitarist and singer/songwriter extraordinaire- Justin Hayward.

Even though those two songs would continue to be classic rock staples to this day, The Moody Blues had been much more interested in promoting their works, not as hit singles, but rather as unified concept albums.

Their next foray into prog rock, "In Search Of The Lost Chord," would feature flutist and singer/songwriter Ray Thomas' hauntingly beautiful epic contribution, 'Legend Of A Mind' about psychedelic guru, the late Dr.Timothy Leary.
Sunday, 07.23.17 @ 04:16am
Leave your own comment about The Moody Blues here.

About The Moody Blues, Enigmaticus wrote:
  In my honest opinion, I will phrase it this way:

"Yes may have brought the members of Rush together as a band, but The Moody Blues had provided the members of Rush with their reason for being, i.e. their musical direction.. Rush's ambition had always been to become the world's smallest symphony orchestra. The Moody Blues were instrumental in being catalysts for that change, that is the primary reason why The Moody Blues deserve recognition for being the fathers of "progressive rock" and deserve their long overdue induction into the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame."
Sunday, 07.23.17 @ 03:47am
Leave your own comment about The Moody Blues here.

About Procol Harum, Enigmaticus wrote:
  I certainly think that Procol Harum will receive their second nomination for induction into the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame later this year. What, do you think?
Sunday, 07.23.17 @ 03:40am
Leave your own comment about Procol Harum here.

About Rush, Enigmaticus wrote:
  Now that my most favorite "prog" bands (Rush & Yes) of all time have finally been inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame, I think that it's time for The Moody Blues (3), King Crimson (4), Duran Duran (5) and Procol Harum (16) to receive this honor next.

Afterwards, I think that Jethro Tull (7), Emerson Lake & Palmer (8), Kansas (14), Supertramp (17) and Styx (19) should be considered for this honor, also.
Sunday, 07.23.17 @ 03:24am
Leave your own comment about Rush here.

About Rush, Enigmaticus wrote:
  Now that my most favorite "prog" bands (Rush & Yes) of all time havefinally been inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame, I think that it's time for The Moody Blues (3),, King Crimson (4) and Duran Duran (5) to receive this honor next.

Sunday, 07.23.17 @ 01:29am
Leave your own comment about Rush here.

About Duran Duran, Enigmaticus wrote:
  I would like to extend my most sincere condolences to Simon Le Bon, his family and friends, due to the recent passing of his mother, Anne Marie. I know how exceedingly difficult It is to lose one parent. :-(

Hopefully, the members of Duran Duran will be inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame next year.
Sunday, 07.23.17 @ 00:21am
Leave your own comment about Duran Duran here.

About Linkin Park, Shrek wrote:
  Condolences to the fans of the band; and to the family and friends.

I've never been a fan; hearing their music all over the place again yesterday and today due to the death of Chester has not increased my appreciation for their music. But I know how it feels to lose a musical hero, and 41 years old is way too young for one to move on.

Linkin Park's commercial success has been prolonged - no flash in the pan status here; and they have been extremely influential in the sound of modern Rock radio throughout this new millenium (even if I dislike the results of that influence).

Therefore I have to begrudgingly say that they deserve their spot in the HOF when the time comes due - just like some past bands that I personally dislike but can not possibly pretend did not earn their spots in the HOF based on their influence and success.

So when the time comes, you have my support; just like the Kiss Army did when they were clamoring to get their favorite band in to the HOF. I hate Kiss, but they too were far too historically important of a band to continue to exclude.
Friday, 07.21.17 @ 14:38pm
Leave your own comment about Linkin Park here.

About Jethro Tull, Worm wrote:
  Jethro Tull w/ a capital T, yes they DO belong in the Rock Hall. They are better than most of the acts in already in there. Hip-hop and rap is mostly trash, Don't put anymore trash up in Cleveland. Jethro Tull in a class act, put them in.
Friday, 07.21.17 @ 12:52pm
Leave your own comment about Jethro Tull here.

About Motley Crue, Worm wrote:
  Mötley Crüe -- you gotta spell it rite! use the umlauts! but, as Consuela would say, No, No! Mötley Crüe is no going in to Rock Hall. They just no good.
Friday, 07.21.17 @ 12:41pm
Leave your own comment about Motley Crue here.

About Jethro Tull, jstands wrote:
  Jethro tull belongs in the rock hall of fame no more rap acts
Thursday, 07.20.17 @ 18:10pm
Leave your own comment about Jethro Tull here.

About The Cars, Kevin M wrote:
  If a band can fill up a 72 minute CD with good songs, then I consider them a great band. The cars do that easily - no problem finding 20 great songs. I tried to make a Journey CD, and couldn't get past 9 songs, yet they are in, despite all the shenanigans with their singer. Ocasek married a supermodel - should get a lot of bonus points for that.
Thursday, 07.20.17 @ 17:13pm
Leave your own comment about The Cars here.

About Linkin Park, dmg wrote:
  Well then. RIP Chester.

Thursday, 07.20.17 @ 15:04pm
Leave your own comment about Linkin Park here.

About Pixies, JACK wrote:
  Rock N Roll Hall of fame is a joke. They hate indie bands. The Pixies and Sonic Youth are probably the two most important american indie bands.
Wednesday, 07.19.17 @ 16:53pm
Leave your own comment about Pixies here.

About Johnny Maestro, Bill G wrote:
  It just may be that the Hall of Fame doesn't know just HOW to induct Johnny.

Should they induct him with The Brooklyn Bridge ?

(Hardly likely, because the BB only had 7 charting singles , and ONE major hit.) Should they induct him solo ? That probably wouldn't happen either. (only 3 chart hits alone).
Johnny's best chance for induction would probably be as a member of The CRESTS, where he had his greatest success, charting some 13 times with that group between 1957 and 1963.If they induct him alone, it would be just the latest in a series of unfair snub offenses that HoF has historically committed; pulling people out of successful GROUPS,and inducting them SOLO.
The CRESTS should be inducted ...and Johnny WITH them.
That's the BEST way to get him in.

Tuesday, 07.18.17 @ 14:15pm
Leave your own comment about Johnny Maestro here.

About Redbone, Jim Hoffmann wrote:
  Redbone absolutely belongs in the RRHF! They created the modern Swamp Rock genre with their classic, "Niki Hoeky," and were a significant cultural, political and musical force in America as rock's first Native America band. Please SIGN/SHARE the petion to get Redbone inducted: https://www.change.org/p/greg-harris-redbone-help-get-them-into-the-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame.

Thanks!
Tuesday, 07.18.17 @ 00:18am
Leave your own comment about Redbone here.

About Snubbed Members, dmg wrote:
  This page is for snubbed members of bands/artists that have already been inducted, not entire bands that weren't inducted yet. Marshall Tucker Band and Megadeth each have their own pages on this site.
Monday, 07.17.17 @ 21:32pm
Leave your own comment about Snubbed Members here.

About LeAnn Rimes, dmg wrote:
  Yeah, not sure why those EPs wouldn't count.
Monday, 07.17.17 @ 21:30pm
Leave your own comment about LeAnn Rimes here.

About LeAnn Rimes, Darrell Visi wrote:
  Looking through Wikipedia - LeAnne's first Ep's came out in 1991, 1992, 1994
So my question would be, isn't she eligible now to be on the list to be inducted?
Monday, 07.17.17 @ 17:28pm
Leave your own comment about LeAnn Rimes here.

About Snubbed Members, William Hydock wrote:
  What about the Marshall Tucker Band
Monday, 07.17.17 @ 12:19pm
Leave your own comment about Snubbed Members here.

About Johnny Maestro, Pat H wrote:
  I do not understand why Johnny Maestro is not already in the rock and roll hall of fame. Of all the ones I see listed I don't understand it.His voice was amazing. He is now passed and what a lasting tribute this would be. Who went to a dance without hearing 16 candles or the worst that could happen ?????? His time to be recognized for the performer he was even at his sickest times in his life and nomination is way over due. Do the right thing...
Monday, 07.17.17 @ 11:24am
Leave your own comment about Johnny Maestro here.

About Duran Duran, Enigmaticus wrote:
  I would like to extend my most sincere condiolences to Simon Le Bon, his family and friends, due to the recent passing of his mother, Anne Marie. I know how exceedingly difficult It is to lose one parent. :-(

Monday, 07.17.17 @ 06:51am
Leave your own comment about Duran Duran here.

About George W. Johnson, Philip wrote:
  Gonna have to disagree with you on that again, Timothy. You can say the same thing about movies and television with Vaudeville.

However, while you can say that entertainers like Jones and Johnson cut some racial tension, their roles as Vaudevillians on records weren't so much as introducers of a decidedly Black culture to a White audience, which is what most of the Black inductees in the Early Influence category did, as they were assimilating to a White culture, and not really helping to create a new style of music.

Also, usually, when the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame enshrines "Early Influence" inductees, they induct those that predate rock and roll, but were directly influential to rock and roll artists. Johnson, as far as we know, wasn't so much that influential to acts like Fats, Ray, Elvis, etc. If anything, and this is just best case scenario, he was an early influence to Early Influence inductees. And while it is sad that much of history has been lost, we can't just assume the evidence we would otherwise would automatically support our hypothesis. So, if we can't prove that his music influenced the likes of Ma Rainey or Leadbelly, let alone the Impressions or Jerry Lee Lewis, then we don't have proper grounds to induct George W. Johnson.
Monday, 07.17.17 @ 00:39am
Leave your own comment about George W. Johnson here.

About George W. Johnson, Timothy wrote:
  the legends of Vaudeville music need to be in the hall, what started as just another genre of theater became the seed of modern day entertainment, racial tension was cut when Sissieretta Jones and George W. Johnson came and influenced the next generation of musicians,

if you looking for direct proof on who he ended up being an influence to, well you not going to get it, a large amount of that kind of info has unfortunately been lost to history, it's not uncommon occurrence with vaudeville legends.
Sunday, 07.16.17 @ 22:48pm
Leave your own comment about George W. Johnson here.

About Rush, Enigmaticus wrote:
  Twenty years ago this month, I had started building the main body of my now long-archived website. In a way, I suppose that I had felt like a pioneer of sorts. I was taking existing material from multiple sources and creating something entirely new from it. Back during those days, you had to learn how to write HTML in order to create a website. I had ncorporated elements of Corel Draw and Photoshop, in order to create my graphics and I had scanned a few images, in order to move some of my existing artwork onto the pages. I had also collaborated with other webmasters on their particular sites. Outside of a few major comprehensive websites which had been mostly text and individual fan sites, there really were not a great deal of "prog" websites in existence.

I had first started building the main Rush pages during the middle of July in 1997. I had felt that it was very important to challenge the previous notions that Rush had been a "heavy metal" band. I had also started planting the seed which would eventually lead to Rush's Rock Hall induction in 2013, almost 16 years later.

Many successful musical artists will eventually reach a point of complacency. They feel that they no longer need to progress in order to maintain their fan bases. Fortunately, Rush has never been like that; there has always been this constant need within them to create something different. You will find variations from one album to the next. There is a constant sense of revitalization throughout the body of their discography. Rather than rehashing old ideas, due to prevailing commercial success, Rush has had this constant need to push their musical vision in other directions.

If Rush's long overdue induction has had any real impact on
the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame, then that impact will be felt over the next several years. The inductions of Yes and Electric Light Orchestra into the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame in 2017 are certainly steps in the right direction. Inducting Chicago and Deep Purple in 2016 were also good moves. At the present time, allowing the members of Rush to induct The Moody Blues into the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame in 2018 is foremost on my mind.

Also, inducting Procol Harum, King Crimson, Duran Duran, Sade and Carly Simon during the same year will continue with this progression. I would not be opposed to seeing more women enter the Rock Hall either.

Sunday, 07.16.17 @ 15:59pm
Leave your own comment about Rush here.

About Leon Bridges, Happy wrote:
  Some nice stuff. Real music from the soul. He can play..!

Time will tell I have hopes he do good
Sunday, 07.16.17 @ 12:45pm
Leave your own comment about Leon Bridges here.

About Andra Day, Happy wrote:
  I wouldn't be surprised.. Lets hope for the best
She's got It going ON ..!
Sunday, 07.16.17 @ 07:24am
Leave your own comment about Andra Day here.

About Duran Duran, Enigmaticus wrote:
  I would like to extend my most sincere condiolences to Simon Le Bon, his family and friends, due to the recent passing of his mother, Anne Marie. I know how difficult It is difficult enough to lose one parent. :-(

Sunday, 07.16.17 @ 03:19am
Leave your own comment about Duran Duran here.

About Sonny and Cher, EveUK wrote:
  Yeh Cher doesn't promote much and has not been on tour in Europe in eons. We miss her. Sonny & Cher and of course SOLO Cher deserve to be in this silly HOF. I look at the list of who is in and for Cher to not be in is bloody sad.
Sunday, 07.16.17 @ 00:49am
Leave your own comment about Sonny and Cher here.

About The Moody Blues, Enigmaticus wrote:
  Benjy, Ben, Jim G., Arty and KING,

While I agree that The Moody Blues definitely deserve to be inducted, I do not think that they are the only worthy artists that should be inducted, either. With Yes' induction into the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame still slightly more than 3 months ago, I think that the Rock Hall is finally starting to look at progressive rock in a much more favorable light. The fact that former Rock Hall inductees- Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson of Rush had received the honors of inducting Yes is definitely important. I would certainly not be that surprised if Geddy and Alex were also asked to induct The Moody Blues next year.

With Pink Floyd, Genesis, Rush and Yes inducted, I think that the spotlight will now be placed on getting King Crimson and The Moody Blues nominated and Procol Harum re-nominated. It is also possible that ELP will be nominated, due to the recent passings of both Greg Lake and Keith Emerson. The Nominating Committee may also start looking at Kansas and Styx in the not too distant future. Will, the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame Nominating Committee also now start looking at inducting Duran Duran?
Saturday, 07.15.17 @ 21:40pm
Leave your own comment about The Moody Blues here.

About John Martyn, Gamuza78 wrote:
  what?? just 2%?...yes, there are a lot of band that shuould be in the HOF before him but John Martyn should be really considered
Saturday, 07.15.17 @ 21:20pm
Leave your own comment about John Martyn here.

About Jimmy Buffett, Jason Voigt wrote:
  I don't know if its just me, but it seems Jimmy Buffett's name has been popping up more than ever, thanks to the Margaritaville brand. I know, its nothing new. But now its, like, everywhere. I can't dog the guy, since he's quite worked up this brand for himself and made a name. He's come quite a long way from the 70's, and he's still performing to sell-out crowds. I've never seen him perform live, as tickets would be as low as $50! But I have eaten at his restaurant twice. At least I can say I've had the Cheeseburger in Paradise and at least two of his specialty margaritas.

But anyway, like I said: he's built himself quite an empire. Now baseball stadiums are having Margaritaville-themed nights and resorts with that name are popping up. Its easy to call this guy a sell-out businessman than a musician. But again, he still sticks to the music. Still putting out albums, and touring like crazy to his parrotheads.

I may add him to my 2018 Predictions list next month, just because. Not sure if he would belong in the RRHOF or the Country Music Hall of Fame, or even both. He could probably pull off an Elvis/Cash feat. This one may be a surprise coming in the next few years. We shall see
Saturday, 07.15.17 @ 08:16am
Leave your own comment about Jimmy Buffett here.

About Iron Maiden, Jason Voigt wrote:
  Saw Iron Maiden the other night for the first time. I'll admit it, I was there for mostly the opening act, Ghost. I'll also admit that I'm not much of a fan of Iron Maiden, let's just say they were alright. Look, I am familiar with their colossal impact on hard rock and metal, and I'm pretty sure within the next few years they'll get in the Hall. It will be very interesting to see which band from the hard-rock/metal genre will be next. Could be Motley Crue, Judas Priest (I'm betting on them) or Iron Maiden. I'd love to add any of those bands to my "Bands in the RRHOF I've seen" list.

What I was very naive about is several youngsters, or people ten years younger than me really dig Iron Maiden. I'm talking about 20-somethings. It was a mixture of middle-age men and college kids there. Dickinson joked that there were mostly dudes in the crowd. He was actually quite a showman and jokester on-stage. Stage set-up was nice too.
Saturday, 07.15.17 @ 08:05am
Leave your own comment about Iron Maiden here.

About Peter Cetera, Roy wrote:

Peter Cetera Moves Farther Away From Chicago & Looks For Duets Partner

Steve Winwood, Paul McCartney
Saturday, 07.15.17 @ 02:52am
Leave your own comment about Peter Cetera here.

About Chicago, Roy wrote:

Peter Cetera Moves Farther Away From Chicago & Looks For Duets Partner

Steve Winwood, Paul McCartney
Saturday, 07.15.17 @ 02:50am
Leave your own comment about Chicago here.

About Shakira, Gamuza78 wrote:
  hell no, maybe you people don't know her, but i'm a latin and believe me, she doesn't deserve to be in
Saturday, 07.15.17 @ 02:27am
Leave your own comment about Shakira here.

About Nick Lowe, Al Spohn wrote:
  He needs to develop some form of drug habit,or perhaps nuture a habit of domestic abuse. Nice guys finish last in this bidness, their awesome talent and contributions to the art notwithstanding.
Friday, 07.14.17 @ 22:56pm
Leave your own comment about Nick Lowe here.

About Rush, Enigmaticus wrote:

If Rush's long overdue induction has had any real impact on
the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame, then that impact will be felt over the next several years. The inductions of Yes and Electric Light Orchestra into the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame in 2017 is certainly a step in the right direction. Inducting Chicago and Deep Purple in 2016 was also a good move. Allow the members of Rush to induct The Moody Blues into the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame in 2018. Also, induct Procol Harum, King Crimson, Duran Duran, Sade and Carly Simon the same year and this will continue this progression.
Friday, 07.14.17 @ 10:53am
Leave your own comment about Rush here.

About The Dead Boys, jerry anomie wrote:
  hard to believe dead boys r not in.and from clevland no less!sic sic sic.but I'm sure dead boys could care less,but,still,hard to believe
Friday, 07.14.17 @ 00:22am
Leave your own comment about The Dead Boys here.