Latest Comments

If you're looking for the latest comments and voting for the Song Project, Album Project and Revisited Projected Rankings, check out the Project Comments page.

About Tampa Red, Robert wrote:
  Where does one start with Tampa Red, he's one of the pioneers of the chicago blues, his guitar work was vary influential and the bottleneck technique he played is still being used today.

As a songwriter, blues classics like Love with a Feeling, Don't You Lie to Me and the raunchy, It's Tight Like That.

And the people that were influenced by him include: Muddy Waters, Freddie King, Fats Domino and Chuck Berry.

I think all of this, makes him worthy of the RHOF.
Sunday, 05.28.17 @ 19:54pm
Leave your own comment about Tampa Red here.

About The Allman Brothers Band, Nick wrote:
  RIP to the late great Gregg Allman. I had the pleasure to see Allman live last summer when he toured with Peter Frampton. Allman performed many songs that night including 'Midnight Rider,' 'I'm No Angel,' 'Ain't Wastin' Time No More,' 'Black Hearted Woman' and 'Whipping Post.' An amazing set and he sounded great. I make it a point to see older musicians because you just don't know what could happen to them. I'm glad I did see him because he postponed shows due to his worsening health that resulted in a trip to the Mayo clinic. He was one of the truly great rock musicians and had such a distinctive and powerful voice. This is a major blow to the rock world.
Sunday, 05.28.17 @ 13:26pm
Leave your own comment about The Allman Brothers Band here.

About The Allman Brothers Band, Joe wrote:
  Wow, first Butch Trucks, then...

Rest in Peace Gregg Allman, 1947-2017.
Saturday, 05.27.17 @ 16:14pm
Leave your own comment about The Allman Brothers Band here.

About The Allman Brothers Band, DarinRG wrote:
  Peaceful journeys to Gregg Allman
Saturday, 05.27.17 @ 16:07pm
Leave your own comment about The Allman Brothers Band here.

About Journey, Roy wrote:

Journey Tribute Film + Journey Rock Hall Induction Speeches 2017
Saturday, 05.27.17 @ 04:20am
Leave your own comment about Journey here.

About Richard Marx, Roy wrote:
  1988: The Flame by Cheap Trick (written by Bob Mitchell and Nick Graham)

Another night slowly closes in

Wherever you go
Whatever you do
I will be right here waiting for you
Whatever it takes or how my heart breaks
I will be right here waiting for you
Friday, 05.26.17 @ 23:23pm
Leave your own comment about Richard Marx here.

About Cheap Trick, Roy wrote:
  1988: The Flame by Cheap Trick (written by Bob Mitchell and Nick Graham)

Another night slowly closes in

Wherever you go
Whatever you do
I will be right here waiting for you
Whatever it takes or how my heart breaks
I will be right here waiting for you
Friday, 05.26.17 @ 23:22pm
Leave your own comment about Cheap Trick here.

About Papa Roach, Paul in KY wrote:
  Saw these guys for 2nd time at Rock on the Range in Columbus, OH. Very wet weekend, so I was lucky to see them. They played before The Offspring & set a high bar to cross. I had seen them at Louder Than Life a couple of years ago & this set was waaaay better.

Mostly the hits, interspersed with 3 songs of new album. Jacoby looked as goos as I've ever seen him. Has lost weight, etc. During set he played a song & had a guy walking around in a giant rabbit costume (quite dirty, too). They guy had a nonplussed expression on face as he wandered around the stage & kept chewing on carrots, before throwing them to audience. Was funnier than Hell.

They finished up by having the drum/brass section of a local HS band join them on stage. Those kids looked pretty stoked as I think there were probably 35,000 in attendance.

I don't think they are Hall caliber yet, but boy was that a badass set.
Friday, 05.26.17 @ 20:23pm
Leave your own comment about Papa Roach here.

About The Offspring, Paul in KY wrote:
  Well, I finally saw these guys at a rainy Rock on the Range in Columbus, OH. Have to thank the gods that they got their set off as alot of acts didn't that weekend (Korn followed them & only got to play 1/2 hour).

They didn't play all their hits, cause they only had an hour. Not much chitchat as they tore thru a good number of them. Dexter sounded great. To me the only band that weekend that could have followed an awesome Papa Roach set.

Why aren't they in The Hall? They sure need to be.
Friday, 05.26.17 @ 20:16pm
Leave your own comment about The Offspring here.

About Chuck Willis, tradlinsky wrote:
  chuck should have been in years ago both as a songwriter and performer.he packed a lot of good music into his short life
Friday, 05.26.17 @ 16:08pm
Leave your own comment about Chuck Willis here.

About The Moody Blues, Jim G wrote:
  I think the Moody's are not in because they have a quality of "goodness", and that's not very cool.
Friday, 05.26.17 @ 13:02pm
Leave your own comment about The Moody Blues here.

About Chic, Roy wrote:

Nile Rodgers Awarded by Pharrell Williams at Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 2017
Friday, 05.26.17 @ 05:31am
Leave your own comment about Chic here.

About Nile Rodgers, Roy wrote:

Nile Rodgers Awarded by Pharrell Williams at Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 2017
Friday, 05.26.17 @ 05:27am
Leave your own comment about Nile Rodgers here.

About Doris Day, Timothy wrote:
  Yes to Doris Day, a groundbreaking singer and a cornerstone of 50s music,

she influenced The Beatles, George Michael, Billy Joel and Elton John, funny enough, they all ended up referencing her in there songs.

her influence in rock is something that can't be ignored and this 50s icon needs to be added to the hall.
Friday, 05.26.17 @ 04:17am
Leave your own comment about Doris Day here.

About Cher, karentimminis wrote:
  She got the BILLBOARD ICON award and tore the house down in her If I Could Turn Back Time sheer see-through outfit in heels. Not bad for 71. Cher looked great and seemed to have a ball and the audience loved it.
Friday, 05.26.17 @ 04:15am
Leave your own comment about Cher here.

About Kansas, E.D. Snidog wrote:
  a) Just wondering- so which acts/musicians in the HOF would YOU say are 'worse' than Kansas (aka a band most people only know 3 of their songs these days)?

b) If you don't know/aren't familiar with half the acts in the HOF, that's on YOU more than anything else...
Thursday, 05.25.17 @ 16:36pm
Leave your own comment about Kansas here.

About Kansas, Robert wrote:
  Growing up in the 70s there were many forms of rock n roll. Some I liked better than others. Kansas was one of my favorites because they were different than the mainstream pop songs of the day. Considering it is called the Hall Of "Fame", then Kansas should be a part of it. They helped bring progressive rock to the forefront and the early music was exceptional. Are there better bands in the hall, yes, are there worse musicians in the hall, yes. Are they famous? did they sell records? I am in my 50s and more than half of the artists in the hall I either never heard of or I am not familiar with. Why are they in there?
A Hall of Fame is suppose to be exactly what the name applies, famous and successful artists through the history of rock and roll.
Thursday, 05.25.17 @ 13:42pm
Leave your own comment about Kansas here.

About the 2017 Inductees, Ben wrote:
  I would say that 3 strong possibilities for the 2018 Rock Hall class are the J. Geils Band, the Moody Blues and Soundgarden. That is a bit of variety right there. I don't like to predict inductees this much in advance but I would say Geils Band, the Moodys,Soundgarden, The Cure and Devo may all be nominated. I think a bunch of you agree. I will be in my hiatus soon. The Rock Hall seems to be getting better again. The 2017 class was the best one in years. 2016 was really good last year and 2017 was even better with a few Classic rock names along with Pearl Jam and Tupac Shakur. Also a folk act went in as we know.

The next class is shaping up to have other Classic Rock acts with a little extra variety like this year. There will be a lot of variety in the nominee list for 2018. There is various genres to consider. I want to make note that Soundgarden has been ignored until Now. They certainly make sense for sure now.
Thursday, 05.25.17 @ 13:06pm
Leave your own comment about the 2017 Inductees here.

About Steve Goodman, Zuzu wrote:
  Artist that have worked with, covered songs by or have been influenced by Steve Goodman

Albert West Aliotta Haynes Jeremiah Allen Toussaint Amy Grant Ana Belén Ana Egge Andy Scruggs Anne Hills Antje Duvekot Arlo Guthrie

Barbara Dixon Big Twist & the Mellow Fellows
Bill LaBounty Bill Swofford (Oliver) Bob "Catfish" Hodge Bob Dylan Bob Seger Bobby Bare
Bonnie Koloc Bonnie Raitt Boston Pops Orchestra
The Broadway Kids Bryan Bowers Bürger Lars Dietrich Byron Lee & the Dragonairies

Charlie King The Charles River Valley Boys
Chely Wright Chet Atkins Chris Brown (Canadian)
Clay Walker The Country Gentleman Cynthia Crane
Cynthia MacLeod Trio C W McCall

Dana Winner Dave Kelly David Amram David Allan Coe David Gans David Hasselhoff Dieter Thomas Kuhn Discharger Don Baker Dottie West Doug Supernaw Dr. Elmo

Elg Elia Cmiral Emmylou Harris Etta James

Fall Out Boys Fifteen Fred Knobloc Freddy Birset

Gene Chandler Gene Parsons George Jones Gerard Cox Glenn Yarbrough Grandpa Jones

Hank Snow Harry Chapin Hélène Ségara Henson Cargill Highwaymen Holly Near Hopeton Lewis

Iain MacKintosh Isabelle Antena

Jackie DeShannon Jackson Browne James Ibbotson
Jamie Hartford Janis Ian Jeff Hanna Jérôme Soligny Jerry Reed Jim Hendricks Jimmy Buffett
Jimmy Sturr Joan Baez Joe Dassin John Denver
John Hartford John Prine Johnny Cash Johnny Hallyday Joni Mithell Judy Collins June Carter
Justin Tubb

Karel Gott Kate Fenner Katy Moffatt Kenneth C "Jethro" Burns Kenny Loggins Kris Kristoferson

Lewis Grizzard Louise Féron Lee Rocker Les Paul
Limeliters Lizzie West & The White Buffalo
Lonestar Louise Féron Luther Wright and The Wrongs Lynn Anderson

Maarten Cox Marcel Dadi Martin, Bogan, and Armstrong Matt Keating and Emily Spray Matt Turk
Marty Stuart Me First and The Gimme Gimmes Melanie Michael Peter Smith Michal Tucný Michelle Shocked Miossec Mollie O'Brien

Nathan Carter New Edition Nicolette Larson
Nitty Gritty Dirt Band

Old Crow Medicine Show

Patrick Stump Paul Anka Pete Seeger Peter Paul & Mary Petty Booka P J Proby

Randy Crawford Randy Scruggs Red Hot Chili Peppers Richard Clayderman Richie Havens
Robbie Dupree Roch Voisine Roger McGuinn
Ronnie Gilbert Roseanne Cash Rudi Carrell
Ruth Brown

Sammi Smith The Seldom Scene Skip Haynes
Stafke Fabri Steve Burgh Steve Martin

Tom Astor Tom Chapin Tom Paxton Tony Scherr
Trisha Yearwood

Willie Nelson

Yehoram Gaon Yölintu
Thursday, 05.25.17 @ 09:38am
Leave your own comment about Steve Goodman here.

About Electric Light Orchestra, Roy wrote:

ELO Tribute on Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 2017
Thursday, 05.25.17 @ 05:07am
Leave your own comment about Electric Light Orchestra here.

About Odetta, Reim wrote:
  Artists influenced by Odetta, Bob Dylan, Janis Joplin, Joan Baez, Harry Belafonte, John Waters, Pete Seeger and Joan Baez

These 7 people has an impacted on rock music and for that, she need to be in RHOF.
Thursday, 05.25.17 @ 00:59am
Leave your own comment about Odetta here.

About The Immortals, Roy wrote:
  The next batch of 2-time Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame inductees (BANDS ONLY)

I've ranked them based on which I think will happen first.

01. Matt Cameron (Pearl Jam, Soundgarden)
02. Bill Bruford (Yes, King Crimson)
03. Ian McDonald (King Crimson, Foreigner)
04. Greg Lake (King Crimson, Emerson, Lake and Palmer)
05. Boz Burrell (King Crimson, Bad Company)
06. Paul Rodgers (Free, Bad Company)
07. Denny Laine (The Moody Blues, Wings)
08. Dave Grohl (Nirvana, Foo Fighters)
09. Steve Winwood (Traffic, The Spencer Davis Group, Blind Faith)
10. Dave Pegg (Fairport Convention, Jethro Tull)
11. Bobby Byrd (The Famous Flames, The J.B.'s)
12. Bootsy Collins (Parliament-Funkadelic, The J.B.'s)
13. George Harrison (The Beatles, The Traveling Wilburys)
14. Jeff Lynne (Electric Light Orchestra, The Traveling Wilburys)
15. Tom Petty (The Heartbreakers, The Traveling Wilburys)
16. Richie Furay (Buffalo Springfield, Poco)
17. Randy Meisner (Eagles, Poco)
18. Timothy B. Schmit (Eagles, Poco)
19. Joe Walsh (Eagles, James Gang)
20. Ginger Baker (Cream, Blind Faith)
21. Al Kooper (The Blues Project, Blood, Sweat & Tears)
22. Mike Bloomfield (The Paul Butterfield Blues Band, Electric Flag)
23. Marty Balin (Jefferson Airplane, Jefferson Starship)
24. Paul Kantner (Jefferson Airplane, Jefferson Starship)
25. Grace Slick (Jefferson Airplane, Jefferson Starship)
26. Aynsley Dunbar (Journey, The Blues Breakers, The Mothers Of Invention, Jefferson Starship, Whitesnake)
Wednesday, 05.24.17 @ 23:30pm
Leave your own comment about The Immortals here.

About Rush, Enigmaticus wrote:
  Today is the 24th of May, a date which had been made famous by a lyric from 'Lakeside Park' from "Caress Of Steel," from 1975, arguably Rush's first full blown prog album.
Wednesday, 05.24.17 @ 10:37am
Leave your own comment about Rush here.

About the 2017 Inductees, Ben wrote:
  Enig,

I just want to clarify my last post. I know certain 90s a lot. I know Pearl Jam a lot as well as some other acts like Dave Matthews, Phish and the Jayhawks. There are a whole lot of others less known. I own a few tunes from Soundgarden. Superunknown is a good album. I Outshined from a different album.

I do think the Nominating committee will want very badly to place Soundgarden on their nomination list due to his passing. Tom Morello and Dave Grohl are both on that committee and are saddened by his death. I read that in the last few days.
Tuesday, 05.23.17 @ 15:41pm
Leave your own comment about the 2017 Inductees here.

About the 2017 Inductees, Ben wrote:
  Enig,

I am very sorry also about the passing of Chris Cornell. I am NOT a big Soundgarden fan. I was not a huge grunge fan of the early 90s. I am bigger with Pearl Jam. I have lots of knowledge of the 60s, 70s and 80s music. I know certain 90s a lot. I own a few tunes from Soundgarden.

The 90s are important for ballots now. I had Soundgarden on my 2018 list. But I took them off at some point. I had 4 90s acts. Soo now due to this I took off Rage Against the Machine and put back Soundgarden. Tom Morello and Dave Grohl are saddenee by his death.
Tuesday, 05.23.17 @ 12:36pm
Leave your own comment about the 2017 Inductees here.

About LL Cool J, Jason Voigt wrote:
  It's a rarity, but in my spare time I'm currently writing my nomination predictions list for next year, like the others. For the rap category, I'm torn between Mr. Smith, Afrika Bambaataa, A Tribe Called Quest and De La Soul. If there is going to be rap representation, one of those four will likely fit. I feel hip-hop's most important acts are now in, with the exception of those that are not eligible yet. All four rap acts that I named are all different, perhaps in subgenres. Its very likely L.L. will be on my list, come August.
Monday, 05.22.17 @ 23:57pm
Leave your own comment about LL Cool J here.

About Chris Cornell, KING wrote:
  ENIG
I was curious with Soundgarden's odd time signatures in some songs and the interesting work such as in Spoonman...Do you see any progressive or Prog in Soundgarden's music?
Like many FRL regulars, I was saddened and shocked by Chris Cornell's death. Similar to Scott Weiland, Cornell left us a strong collection from his collaboration in Temple Of The Dog, Soundgarden, Audio slave, and solo work. I had Alice In Chains in my early Nomination List but Soundgarden now will take that spot. Cornell's vocal excellence and guitar work and with his untimely passing all adds up to a Soundgarden nomination. KING
Monday, 05.22.17 @ 15:29pm
Leave your own comment about Chris Cornell here.

About Hall and Oates, Roy wrote:

G.E. Smith on playing with Hall & Oates - EMMYTVLEGENDS.ORG
Monday, 05.22.17 @ 14:56pm
Leave your own comment about Hall and Oates here.

About the 2017 Inductees, Roy wrote:

"Rockin' the Free World" Super Jam - 2017 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
Monday, 05.22.17 @ 12:38pm
Leave your own comment about the 2017 Inductees here.

About the 2017 Inductees, Roy wrote:

"Rockin' the Free World" Super Jam - 2017 Induction Ceremony Full Performance
Monday, 05.22.17 @ 12:37pm
Leave your own comment about the 2017 Inductees here.

About Chris Cornell, Roy wrote:

Chris Cornell Inducts Heart at 2013 Induction Ceremony
Monday, 05.22.17 @ 12:35pm
Leave your own comment about Chris Cornell here.

About Heart, Roy wrote:

Chris Cornell Inducts Heart at 2013 Induction Ceremony
Monday, 05.22.17 @ 12:34pm
Leave your own comment about Heart here.

About Hall and Oates, Roy wrote:

Hall And Oates 2014 Induction Ceremony Performance
Monday, 05.22.17 @ 12:33pm
Leave your own comment about Hall and Oates here.

About Electric Light Orchestra, Roy wrote:

"Roll Over Beethoven" performed by ELO - 2017 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
Monday, 05.22.17 @ 12:31pm
Leave your own comment about Electric Light Orchestra here.

About Joan Baez, Roy wrote:

"Deportee (Plane Wreck at Los Gatos)" Joan Baez - 2017 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
Monday, 05.22.17 @ 12:30pm
Leave your own comment about Joan Baez here.

About Rush, Roy wrote:

"Rockin' the Free World" Super Jam - 2017 Induction Ceremony Full Performance
Monday, 05.22.17 @ 12:25pm
Leave your own comment about Rush here.

About Yes, Roy wrote:

"Rockin' the Free World" Super Jam - 2017 Induction Ceremony Full Performance
Monday, 05.22.17 @ 12:25pm
Leave your own comment about Yes here.

About Journey, Roy wrote:

"Rockin' the Free World" Super Jam - 2017 Induction Ceremony Full Performance
Monday, 05.22.17 @ 12:24pm
Leave your own comment about Journey here.

About Pearl Jam, Roy wrote:

"Rockin' the Free World" Super Jam - 2017 Induction Ceremony Full Performance
Monday, 05.22.17 @ 12:24pm
Leave your own comment about Pearl Jam here.

About Duran Duran, Enigmaticus wrote:
  I would definitely like to thank Pearl Jam bassist Jeff Ament for listing Duran Duran and King Crimson on his t-shirt of Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame nubs.
Monday, 05.22.17 @ 10:03am
Leave your own comment about Duran Duran here.