Latest Comments

If you're looking for the latest comments and voting for the Song Project, Album Project and Revisited Projected Rankings, check out the Project Comments page.

About the 2018 Nomination Predictions, dmg wrote:
  Here's my wish list - vastly different from my predictions:

Bad Brains

Carol Kaye

Musical Excellence:
Alan Parsons
Wednesday, 08.23.17 @ 12:27pm

About the 2018 Nomination Predictions, Induct Dennis Wilson wrote:
  This is a 50% "I'm stubbornly willing this to happen", 50% realistic list:

1. Dennis Wilson (insert shameless plug)
2. Link Wray
16. Pat Benatar
17. Screaming Jay Hawkins
18. Foreigner
19. Jane's Addiction
Wednesday, 08.23.17 @ 12:02pm

About the 2018 Nomination Predictions, AlexVoltaire wrote:
  Bless you, LaustCawz, for remembering Tom Lehrer.
Wednesday, 08.23.17 @ 02:58am

About Little Feat, Jim O'Brien wrote:
  RRHOF needs a 'veterans committee' like baseball has to keep the chuckleheads ruining things. Current inductees would welcome them in a heartbeat.
Tuesday, 08.22.17 @ 23:46pm
Leave your own comment about Little Feat here.

About the 2018 Nomination Predictions, LaustCawz wrote:
  Whoops!!
How could I leave out Bjork???
Tuesday, 08.22.17 @ 17:20pm

About the 2018 Nomination Predictions, LaustCawz wrote:
  I don't presume to offer any predictions,
but high on my wish list are:

Carla Bley
Tom Lehrer (early influence, perhaps)
Todd Rundgren
The Monkees
The Flaming Lips
They Might Be Giants
Suzanne Vega
Residents
Harry Nilsson
Ween
The Moody Blues
The Pet Shop Boys
Tuesday, 08.22.17 @ 17:17pm

About the 2018 Nomination Predictions, Ben wrote:
  Ah yes good to be back. I was expecting many of the nominee lists to include the Moody Blues. One of the most glaring omissions. So I will explain my list a bit. There is of course the Moody Blues on my list. As they have been for 7 years or so. I made lists before the discovery of this awesome site. I think Captain Beefheart and Devo could be 2 new nominees. Both have their place. Captain Beefheart was an cult figure of the 1960s. Somewhat in the Frank Zappa veign. Devo is an 80s act that could easily come out of nowhere. As far as Prog I choose Moodys of course and also Emerson, Lake and Palmer and Procul Harum. Last year proved that 2 prog acts can be inducted. Both Keith Emerson and Greg Lake died last year. Now Nicky Joe has a point with Sonic Youth. I personally dont know too much about them. They would be the 80s alt choice. I know they inspired acts like Nirvana and Pearl Jam. I had the Cure on my 2018 list but the Hall may want to try them out. I went with 18 nominees not 19. I am not certain the Hall would go as far as 19 again. So I go with 18 nominees.

I had the Zombies on earlier versions of this list but I don't know that the Hall will nominate as many 60s acts as last year. I keep the 60s alive with Captain Beefheart, Moody Blues and Steppenwolf. I think they will try again with Janet Jackson. It will be her 3rd nomination in fact.
Tuesday, 08.22.17 @ 08:36am

About the 2018 Nomination Predictions, Enigmaticus wrote:
  Welcome back Ben,

You will be pleased to find out that many of the nominees lists include The Moody Blues.
Tuesday, 08.22.17 @ 06:40am

About the 2018 Nomination Predictions, K-Dawg wrote:
  I will put my list up forthcoming in the next few weeks. However, I want to point out early on, that while I am in the minority that likes to include all genres including hip hop, that I don't think it's imminent a rap group or artist will be nominated this year. The seeds have definitely been sown for future acts to go in, but there is neglected genres, such as heavy metal, and women "pop" rockers that are rich with deserving individuals. I will say lately two of my personal choices that deserve to go in are Bad Company, who for some reason are always overlooked, and Depeche Mode, who deservedly were nominated last year. This is definitely the first time in a long while that there isn't a glaring omission with the notable exception of the Moody Blues. The RRHOF committee has at least done a small bit to include all the perennial favorites the majority of the people seem to want
Tuesday, 08.22.17 @ 05:26am

16. The Monkees
17. The Spinners
18. War
19. Warren Zevon
Monday, 08.21.17 @ 23:05pm

About the 2018 Nomination Predictions, AlexVoltaire wrote:
  I posted my predictions at the Northumbrian Countdown earlier in the month, but to recap they are:

Eurythmics
Roxy Music
Soundgarden
The Smiths
The Zombies
War
Warren Zevon

If there's more than 15...

add The Shangri-Las if 16
add The Moody Blues if 17
add The Spinners if 18
add PJ Harvey if 19.

I like a lot of the lists people have already put up. Kyle may be on the right track in the Rock Hall "psyching us out" by nominating The Monkees not during their 50th anniversary, as everyone expected, but the year after. They would certainly be the next big populist nominee. Others of you put forth Devo, Carole King, A Tribe Called Quest...all acts that are deserving and I wish I had more space to include!

My guess is that if my initial ballot of 15 came to pass, Nine Simone, Janet Jackson, Nine Inch Nails, Radiohead, LL Cool J, and Warren Zevon would get in.

Oh, and let's get Sister Rosetta in as an Early Influence, Carole Kaye for Musical Excellence, and Alan Lomax as a non-performer.
Monday, 08.21.17 @ 22:09pm

About the 2018 Nomination Predictions, Ben wrote:
  Hello everyone,

I am back from my summer hiatus. I didn't go anywhere. I just wasnt on here at all. It is time to give our predictions for the 2018 Rock Hall of Fame nominees. My list of nominees has variety.

Bon Jovi

Pat Benatar
Kraftwerk
Nina Simone
The Commodores
Monday, 08.21.17 @ 16:06pm

About the 2018 Nomination Predictions, Shrek wrote:
  I'm going to go with 16 nominees.

I think they will only induct 5 this year from the ballot, and will do an early influence and a Musical Excellence, for a total of 7 inductions.

Early Influence: Sister Rosetta Tharpe

The Monkees
Patsy Cline
The Moody Blues
The Cars
Bad Company
Eurythmics
Carol Kaye (Musical Excellence)
Billy Preston (Musical Excellence)
The Carter family (Early Influence)
Sister Rosetta Tharpe (Early Influence)

My prediction:

Radiohead
Janet Jackson
Kraftwerk
The Smiths
The Cars
Monday, 08.21.17 @ 10:09am

About the 2018 Nomination Predictions, dmg wrote:
  Here's a list of eligible artists who have not yet been inducted, who have more than one album in Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest Albums of All Time list.

Big Star 3

7. Johnny Winter
8. Johnny Winter
9. Johnny Winter
10. to Billion JOHN DAWSON WINTER, III
Sunday, 08.20.17 @ 18:41pm

About Kansas, Enigmaticus wrote:
  As I have stated before, I think that there is definitely a great possibility for a Kansas nomination later this year. Why do I think this?

Sunday, 08.20.17 @ 18:34pm
Leave your own comment about Kansas here.

About the 2018 Nomination Predictions, KING wrote:
  Here's the KING 2018 RRHOF Nominee Predictions.
1.Bad Company 11.Alex Chilton/Big Star

10. Willie Nelson
11. Garth Brooks
12. The Zombies
Sunday, 08.20.17 @ 18:14pm

About the 2018 Nomination Predictions, Enigmaticus wrote:
  Lax34,

Here is my wishlist of inductees, from my previous nominees list:

01. The Moody Blues
02. Procol Harum
03. King Crimson
04. Duran Duran
05. Sade
06. Carly Simon
07. The Zombies
08. Doobie Brothers
09. Pat Benatar
10. Lionel Richie
11. Willie Nelson
12. Garth Brooks
Sunday, 08.20.17 @ 18:04pm

About the 2018 Nomination Predictions, Enigmaticus wrote:
  Oops, I forgot Nine Inch Nails.

Actually, since "progressive rock" will be celebrating it's 50th anniversary, I think that the nominees list will be more "prog" heavy. Although, I had also considered Foreigner previously, I think that there might be a bit of a conflict if both King Crimson and Foreigner were to appear on the same ballot, since Ian McDonald is a founding member of both. The same might be true, if Emerson, Lake & Palmer was on this ballot also, since Greg Lake is also a founding member of both. I think that since Genesis, Rush and Yes have been inducted, the Rock Hall really wants King Crimson inducted next. I also think that Procol Harum will be renominated, but almost every other major prog fan wants The Moody Blues inducted, as well. I do not think that Duran Duran's coming out as a "prog" band will hurt them either. The Rock Hall might want a homegrown American prog band to be inducted. If they do, then Kansas would probably be a great choice, although Styx may also be possible.

Sunday, 08.20.17 @ 17:43pm

About the 2018 Nomination Predictions, Enigmaticus wrote:
  Lax34,

I am terribly sorry, that I had forgotten XTC and The Zombies.

Therefore, here is my amended list:

01. The Moody Blues

23.
Sunday, 08.20.17 @ 17:22pm

About the 2018 Nomination Predictions, That Guy wrote:
  Beck will not be eligible for the 2018 Rock Hall class
Sunday, 08.20.17 @ 17:14pm

About the 2018 Nomination Predictions, Lax34 wrote:
  Next month, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Nominating Committee will be meeting in New York t discuss who should be nominated for induction into the Class of 2018 in the Performers category. There are a number of artists that we have already inducted into the Revisited/Projected Rock Hall Project that I believe are on the shortlist and most qualified for actual RRHOF inductions. And these do not include who we will be inducting for our Revisited/Projected Project by October, though I think a few newer potential inductees on that end come to mind. Assuming there will be 19 nominees this Autumn, I think who will get nominated may turn out to be:

Radiohead
The Spinners
War
Eurythmics
The Moody Blues
Link Wray
Ozzy Osbourne

I do also have another 19 consisting of Artists I would like to see on the ballot as more of a personal wishlist.

Todd Rundgren
The Carpenters
Duran Duran
Gloria Estefan
XTC
Sarah McLachlan
Roxy Music

I can somewhat guarantee you that at least 1 of these artists on either of my lists will be nominated and possibly inducted. There is though a great potential for more to be included. Let me know what many of you think about these artists and their potential for getting nominated by the NomCom later next month.

Hoping to get more involved with the website now that summer is ending,

Lax34
Sunday, 08.20.17 @ 15:35pm

About Donny Osmond, Chloe wrote:
  Started at 5 years old, stilling performing and selling out concert halls and arenas worldwide at (nearly) 60 years old = L.E.G.E.N.D !!
Sunday, 08.20.17 @ 15:00pm
Leave your own comment about Donny Osmond here.

About the 2018 Nomination Predictions, Steve Z wrote:
  Zuzu,

Thank you for liking my list! However, that list was for our Rock Hall Revisited/Projected project we have here, which is why a lot of the names you listed weren't included. Patsy Cline, Willie Nelson, and Emmylou Harris, among others, have already been inducted into the Revisited/Projected hall while the Dells, Moonglows, and Ringo, despite having been inducted into Cleveland's hall of fame, haven't been inducted into ours.

I would love to see all of those acts I've listed inducted into both our project and Cleveland's Hall of Fame, but if I were to make predictions for whom the "real" hall will nominate, it'd probably be more in lieu of what everyone else has been posting. I do think that Dire Straits may be a sleeper, partly due to Mark Knopfler, while acts like Radiohead, Janet Jackson, Soundgarden, and Rage are likely. I think the Cars will be inducted sometime soon, and I'd love to see Kraftwerk and the Moody Blues really get a crack at it and go in.

Do you participate in our yearly Rock Hall Projected project? It'd be great to have you!
Sunday, 08.20.17 @ 14:24pm

About Eric Johnson, Jonas wrote:
  No, he should not!

The rock and roll hall of fame is for people that have influenced rock n roll, and embody the rock and roll spirit. Eric is more of a technical scholar-type guitar nerd. Yes he can play guitar, and yes he has his own tone and all, but it's not real rock and roll.

And he hasn't changed the course of music history. There is a reason why Chuck Berry is the first inductee. Chuck berry was one of the first persons to bring black rock n roll to a white audience. When the radio DJs of the time saw his face on the black and white covers, they could not tell he was black, so he got airplay.

Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix and Ramones, have started new sub genres in rock and roll like punk rock, psychedelic rock and influenced thousands and thousands of bands.

Eric has not.

He should be inducted into the elevator music or AOR hall of fame where he might have had an influence. He will never be inducted for the same reasons Richie Sambora will never be inducted.

Sunday, 08.20.17 @ 12:46pm
Leave your own comment about Eric Johnson here.

About the 2018 Nomination Predictions, Enigmaticus wrote:
  My list of nominees will be quite "prog" heavy, since it is the 50th anniversary of progressive rock, so here it is:

01. The Moody Blues
19. Foreigner
20. Link Wray
21. The Monkees
22. Queen Latifah

Sunday, 08.20.17 @ 08:45am

About Cher, lella wrote:
  Cher is an animated character in a children's show and her song is a hit with the little ones. It's called Ooga Boo.
Sunday, 08.20.17 @ 04:48am
Leave your own comment about Cher here.

About the 2018 Nomination Predictions, Rick wrote:
Soundgarden
The Spinners
Thin Lizzy
Wu-Tang Clan
Sunday, 08.20.17 @ 01:00am

About the 2018 Nomination Predictions, Robert Henry wrote:
  I'd like to see Janet Jackson and The Cars get a year break and Chic needs to be off ballot for a few years.Time to give Pat Benatar a shot and Kool and the Gang and induct them!!
Saturday, 08.19.17 @ 19:18pm

About the 2018 Nomination Predictions, Zuzu wrote:
  Steve Z

I really like some of your choices and I especially like that you are including a list that is very different from some of the other lists.

A few things though:

Dells were inducted in 2004 and Ringo Starr was inducted under Lifetime achievement only a couple of years ago.

No Country?

although you list Ray Stevens as something else - don't forget that country also was a big part of folk, singer song writers and soft rock.

Artist such as Patsy Cline, Jerry Reed, Kenny Rogers, Dottie West, Bobbie Gentry, Willie Nelson, Kris Kristofferson, Waylon Jennings, David
Allen Coe, Jim Stafford and EmmyLou Harris were very interactive with Rock and Roll, Rock and Folk artist.

You might need to add British Invasion, Garage Bands and Prog because some of the artist you list are being put in the wrong categories and pop is not soft rock or singer song writer.

I really have a hard time considering Chubbie Checker as anything but Rock and Roll.
Saturday, 08.19.17 @ 17:56pm

About the 2018 Nomination Predictions, Rick Vendl II wrote:
  My 2018 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame nominee ballot predictions...

Link Wray and his Ray Men

Joe South
Fanny

Non-Performers

Casey Kasem and Wolfman Jack
Saturday, 08.19.17 @ 14:10pm

About Rock Hall Projected, Steve Z wrote:
  Since its almost time for voting to begin again, I wanted to share my updated list of eligible artists that I feel are worthy of induction. The listed names are not in any particular order.

Classic Rock - The Sonics, Blue Oyster Cult, Foreigner, Mott the Hoople, Slade, the Association, Boston, Grand Funk Railroad, Joe Cocker, Herman's Hermits, Styx, the J. Geils Band, Supertramp, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, the Grass Roots, Kansas, Sweet, Huey Lewis and the News, George Thorogood and the Destroyers, Hanoi Rocks, Meat Loaf, Ringo Starr

R&B/Disco/Funk - The Moonglows, the Dells, Ben E. King, Chubby Checker, Jerry Butler, Brook Benton, Dionne Warwick, the Chantals, the Shangri-Las, the Chiffons, the Crystals, the Fifth Dimension, Kool and the Gang, the Commodores, KC and the Sunshine Band, Lionel Richie (LR should come after the Commodores)

Early Rock/Rockabilly - Neil Sedaka, Lesley Gore, Bobby Vee, Jack Scott, Petula Clark, Paul Anka, the Big Bopper, Bobby Rydell, Tom Jones, the Del-Vikings, Johnny Rivers, Sonny and Cher, Jay and the Americans, Bobby Vinton, Lou Christie

Soft Rock/Singer-Songwriter - Bread, John Denver, Gordon Lightfoot, Don McLean, Dan Fogelberg, Carly Simon, Cyndi Lauper, Phil Collins, Ray Stevens, Elliott Smith, Regina Spektor, Sufjan Stevens

Metal - Anthrax, Dio, Korn, System of a Down, Rob Zombie

Punk - The Damned, the Misfits, Minor Threat, Billy Idol, Discharge, Blink-182, Bikini Kill, Sleater-Kinney, Richard Hell and the Voidoids, Fear, the Dead Boys

Alternative/Post-Punk - Wire, the Fall, Gang of Four, Echo and the Bunnymen, Dinosaur Jr., the Go-Go's, Tears for Fears, Pere Ubu, the Stranglers, Killing Joke, the Jesus and Mary Chain

Industrial - Throbbing Gristle, Cabaret Voltaire, Einsturzende Neubauten

Hip Hop/Rap - Ice-T, Snoop Dogg, Nas, Boogie Down Productions, Salt-N-Pepa, Cypress Hill, the Fugees, Ice Cube, Aesop Rock, the Sugarhill Gang, Whodini, Queen Latifah, Naughty By Nature, MC Lyte

Electronic/Krautrock - Popol Vuh, Tangerine Dream, Brian Eno, Pet Shop Boys, the Orb, Underworld, 808 State, the KLF, Orbital, Moby, Aphex Twin, Fatboy Slim, the Prodigy, the Crystal Method, Basement Jaxx, Portishead, Boards of Canada, Animal Collective

Modern Rock - Bush, Goo Goo Dolls, No Doubt, the Cranberries, Alanis Morissette, Lenny Kravitz, Gorillaz, the Killers, Uncle Tupelo, Neutral Milk Hotel, Suede, Pulp, Phish, the Strokes, Modest Mouse, Franz Ferdinand, Happy Mondays, Spacemen 3, Manic Street Preachers, Stereolab, the Black Keys

Influences - Benny Goodman, Bix Beiderbecke, Muggsy Spanier and His Ragtime Band, Artie Shaw, Glenn Miller, Fats Waller, Count Basie, Tommy Dorsey, Les Brown, the Andrews Sisters, Gene Krupa, Jimmy Dorsey, Buddy Rich, Thelonious Monk, Charles Mingus, Wes Montgomery, Sonny Rollins, Chet Baker, Stan Getz, the Dave Brubeck Quartet, Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass, Sons of the Pioneers, Gene Autry, Loretta Lynn, Conway Twitty, Buck Owens, Jerry Reed, the Oak Ridge Boys, Dean Martin, Vaughn Monroe, Burl Ives, Amos Milburn, Wendy Carlos, Terry Riley, Philip Glass, Steve Reich, Allan Sherman, Spike Jonze

Non-Performers - Pierre Schaeffer, Bert Berns, Howard Greenfield, Cousin Brucie, Doctor Demento, The Electrifying Mojo, Jim Steinman, Robert "Bumps" Blackwell

Sidemen - "Daddy" Gene Barge, Martha Wash, Davy Johnstone, Alvin "Red" Tyler, Steve Stevens, Cozy Powell, Jennifer Batten, Spike Edney, Jaco Pastorius, Steve Morse, Rory Gallagher, His Ray-Men

I'd like to include the Del-Tones, but I haven't been able to get a clear sense of which members to induct.

Modern Rock, Electronic, Hip Hop, Alternative, and the Influence & Sidemen categories were the genres that got the most new additions. I want to thank the_Claw and Nicky Joe for turning me on to some of these names, specifically in the sidemen or influence categories. In each genre I have higher priorities than others, but essentially, these are all artists that I support and my ballot will consist of some assortment of these names, depending on momentum.
Saturday, 08.19.17 @ 11:46am
Leave your own comment about Rock Hall Projected here.

About Little Feat, Tim wrote:
  Long overdue and much deserved, Little Feat belongs in the Rock Hall. Period.
Saturday, 08.19.17 @ 10:55am
Leave your own comment about Little Feat here.

About the 2018 Nomination Predictions, Nicky Joe wrote:
  I had a duplicate so here's who I predict will appear and for a laugh I've decided to add their odds at induction

1 - Radiohead - 5/1
11 - Motörhead - 30/1
12 - LL Cool J - 50/1
13 - Rage Against the Machine - 35/1
14 - Sonic Youth - 60/1
15 - Bon Jovi - 45/1

If up to 19
16 - Judas Priest (Entirely possible but I feel Dave is really going to push for Motörhead) - 55/1
17 - Jane's Addiction - 45/1
18 - Chaka Khan - 60/1
19 - The Spinners - 50/1

I still believe that it will ONCE AGAIN be primarily about Classic Rock Catchup.

Personally, on my predictions list, I would go with Radiohead, The Moody Blues, Janet Jackson, LL Cool J, Sonic Youth and Judas Priest and then add two more inductees in the form of Soundgarden and Jane's Addiction. I would also induct DJ John Peel as a non-performer, Ella Fitzgerald as an influence and Billy Preston as a sideman.
Saturday, 08.19.17 @ 04:49am

If up to 19
17 - Jane's Addiction
18 - Chaka Khan
19 - The Spinners
Saturday, 08.19.17 @ 04:33am

About the 2018 Nomination Predictions, Greg P. wrote:
  Not my prediction, but here's a personal wishlist:

The B-52s