Cast your 2015 ballot here!

Vote for the FIVE nominees you believe will be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2015:
Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble
The Marvelettes
War
Sting
Lou Reed
N.W.A
Green Day
Please vote for exactly five nominees.

Latest Comments

About Cream, Aaron O'Donnell wrote:
  RIP, Jack Bruce
Saturday, 10.25.14 @ 12:39pm
Leave your own comment about Cream here.

About The Album Project, Mike wrote:
  I'm thinking about nominating Vince Guaraldi's "A Charlie Brown Christmas". Any interest?
Saturday, 10.25.14 @ 12:37pm
Leave your own comment about The Album Project here.

About Rock Hall Projected, Rick Vendl II wrote:
  My Blind Ballot nominations for 2030 induction...

Performers

Bachman-Turner Overdrive
Fanny
The J. Geils Band

Non-Performer

Don Arden (I've said it before, Col. Tom Parker is in, so now this guy should also be inducted!)

Influence

Don Covay & the Goodtimers

Side-Man

SuMagNa (Susan Collins, Margaret or Marge Raymond & Nancy O'Neill)
Saturday, 10.25.14 @ 03:52am

About Rock Hall Projected, Donnie wrote:
  That's what I thought. Honestly Moby and Daft Punk are probably the two most well known 90's electronic acts to the causal public honestly. Although obviously that's not the only thing that makes Moby a worthwhile inductee. As his first self-titled album, "Everything is Wrong," and "Play" are albums so good they should get Moby inducted alone.
Saturday, 10.25.14 @ 03:34am

About Rock Hall Projected, DarinRG wrote:
  Yeah, good catch, Donnie. Moby and the Prodigy both belong in that company.

I actually didn't realize that we haven't inducted Moby. That's kind of a WTF.
Saturday, 10.25.14 @ 03:06am

About Rock Hall Projected, Donnie wrote:
  If I was gonna rank those five artists are far as the order they should be inducted in, it'd probably go something like this...

1. Aphex Twin
2. Moby
3. The Prodigy
4. Orbital
5. Underworld

After that, Air, the Crystal Method, DJ Shadow, The Orb, Leftfield, Boards of Canada, and Fatboy Slim would be good electronic acts to look at.
Saturday, 10.25.14 @ 02:57am

About Rock Hall Projected, Donnie wrote:
  True. And I completely support Chemical Brothers for next year. After that, though, I really think that Aphex Twin, Orbital and Underworld deserve a serious look in that area before we move too far past them.

Posted by DarinRG on Friday, 10.24.14 @ 18:28pm

I totally agree on Aphex Twin, Orbital, and Underworld being looked at for electronic music inductees after The Chemical Brothers. In addition to those three, I'd also add Moby and the Prodigy to that list as well. Both artists along with Daft Punk, and to a lesser extent Aphex Twin and the Chemical Brothers managed to break through the mainstream music scene in the late 90's. Both Play and The Fat of the Land were probably the two most commercially successful electronic music albums of the 1990's. Not to mention both were major figures for electronic music in that decade. Just as much as Orbital and Underworld and Aphex Twin for that matter (though Aphex Twin was obviously the most critically acclaimed of those artists).
Saturday, 10.25.14 @ 02:53am

About Revisited Projected Rankings, jtrichey wrote:
  12 replacement noms:

Arcade Fire - Rebellion (Lies) (2004)
The Flaming Lips - Do You Realize? (2002)
Coldplay - Yellow (2000)
Adele - Someone Like You (2011)
Kelly Clarkson - Since U Been Gone (2004)
MGMT - Time To Pretend (2007)
Wilco - I'm The Man Who Loves You (2002)
Rihanna feat. Jay-Z - Umbrella (2007)
Kanye West - Jesus Walks (2004)
Missy Elliott - Get Ur Freak On (2001)
Coldplay - Fix You (2005)
Justin Timberlake - Cry Me A River (2002)
Saturday, 10.25.14 @ 00:17am
Leave your own comment about Revisited Projected Rankings here.

About Rock Hall Projected, PopeCharming wrote:
  For the Blind Ballot:

Carole King
De La Soul
Mariah Carey

Sideman:

Davey Johnston

Influence:

Tom Lehrer
Friday, 10.24.14 @ 20:02pm

About The Song Project, DarinRG wrote:
  "Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds – "The Mercy Seat"" - Darren

First off, great lists from both PopeCharming and Darren, buth filled with "WTF, we haven't inducted that yet?" songs.

As far as The Mercy Seat goes, it's kind of a no-brainer that I'd nominate a Nick Cave song and I'd been thinking about The Ship Song or Into My Arms, but I think that The Mercy Seat might be the better choice. Johnny Cash and Rick Rubin thought highly enough of it to record it for American III, which might give it more visibility to folks who might not be well versed with the Bad Seeds' catalog. I'd be glad to run with this one and nominate it.
Friday, 10.24.14 @ 18:44pm
Leave your own comment about The Song Project here.

About Rock Hall Projected, DarinRG wrote:
  "LCD Soundsystem - LCD Soundsystem and The Chemical Brothers have pulled votes from one another the last three years. Now that LCD Soundsystem has been voted in, Chemical Brothers seem to be the surest lock next year outside of the tiebreaker losers."

Friday, 10.24.14 @ 18:28pm

About Rock Hall Projected, SotN wrote:
  I'll give this a try.

Performers:

Blue Cheer
Portishead
Talk Talk

Non-Performer:

Daniel Miller

Influence:

George W. Johnson
Friday, 10.24.14 @ 16:50pm

About Better Than Ezra, Jim wrote:
  These guys are still touring today with a new album but have moved to more of a pop sound than their traditional southern rock. Their first 3 albums were as good as anything on the airwaves and will always be one of my favorite bands. Kevin Griffin is one of our great songwriters of this era.
Friday, 10.24.14 @ 16:40pm
Leave your own comment about Better Than Ezra here.

About Rock Hall Projected, GregF wrote:
  Blind project nominations

Little Feat
Johnny Winter
Queens of the Stone Age

N-p
Neil Bogart

Influence
Johnnie Ray

Sidemen
The Love Unlimited Orchestra
Friday, 10.24.14 @ 16:06pm

About Rock Hall Projected, Tom H. wrote:
  Oops...

I guess I'll stick with performers only for now until I can do a bit more checking
Friday, 10.24.14 @ 15:47pm

About The Spinners, Ivan wrote:
  Let's not forget The Spinners recorded the title trak to the great Mel Brooks movie "Spaceballs" chek it out:

If you're livin' in a bubble and you haven't got a care, Well ...
lol
Friday, 10.24.14 @ 15:43pm
Leave your own comment about The Spinners here.

About Rock Hall Projected, Darren wrote:
  Tom H. - John Coltrane has already been inducted as an Early Influence. Is he not listed in the links that I posted? If not, it's a mistake on my part.
Friday, 10.24.14 @ 15:32pm

About Rock Hall Projected, Tom H. wrote:
  I guess I'll start

Performers:

Dave Matthews Band
Dionne Warwick
Paul Revere & The Raiders

Early Influence:

John Coltrane
Friday, 10.24.14 @ 14:45pm

About Rock Hall Projected, Darren wrote:
  Nominations for the Blind Ballot Hall Of Fame Class of 2030 are now open. Please review the links posted above if you have questions about which artists have already been inducted and which artists are eligible for nomination.

Each voter can nominate a maximum of 3 performers, 1 non-performer, 1 early influence and 1 sideman.

The following artists lost tiebreakers last year and are automatically nominated this year:

Performers:

The Offspring
The Shangri-Las

Non-Performers:

Perry Farrell
Sylvia Robinson
The Smothers Brothers

Early Influences:

George Jones

Nominations will close and voting will open at 10 PM Central on Monday the 27th. Voting will be done via email to rockhallpart2 @ gmail.com and close at 10 PM Central on Saturday the 1st.
Friday, 10.24.14 @ 13:25pm

Blind Ballot Hall Of Fame Inductees:

Friday, 10.24.14 @ 13:22pm

About Rock Hall Projected, Darren wrote:
  Blind Ballot Hall Of Fame Inductees By Year:

Friday, 10.24.14 @ 13:21pm

About Rock Hall Projected, Steve Z wrote:
  According to my tally, that's the same results I got as well. It looks like De La Soul makes it in this year.
Friday, 10.24.14 @ 12:43pm

About Rock Hall Projected, Darren wrote:
  In that case, unless there are disputes regarding the tiebreaker vote count, here is your Rock Hall Re-visited / Projected Class Of 2014 / 2030:

Performers:

Influences:

John Cage
Lonnie Donnegan

Sidemen:

The Love Unlimited Orchestra
Clarence Clemons

I'll be posting the links and information for the Blind Ballot Hall Of Fame vote shortly.
Friday, 10.24.14 @ 12:27pm

About Rock Hall Projected, Gassman wrote:
  Darren:

That's what I had!
Friday, 10.24.14 @ 12:21pm

About Rock Hall Projected, Darren wrote:
  Tiebreaker voting is now closed.

My final count is:

De La Soul - 49 (11 1st Place Votes)
_____________________

Mariah Carey - 48 (8 1st Place Votes)
Dave Matthews Band - 35 (3 1st Place Votes)

Does this match with everyone else's vote counts?
Friday, 10.24.14 @ 12:03pm

About Rock Hall Projected, Darren wrote:
  The tiebreaker closes in 20 minutes. We're still waiting to hear from BSLO and Rick Vendl II.
Friday, 10.24.14 @ 11:40am

About Rock Hall Projected, GregF wrote:
  I''ll likely keep the 3 acts on my ballot that make it this time Little Feat, Johnny Winter, and Queens of the Stone Age. Others that are on my radar Tori Amos, Peter Tosh, Neu!, Ministery, Modest Mouse, Carole King, Carly Simon, Foreigner, A Tribe Called Quest, and Anthrax.
Friday, 10.24.14 @ 11:39am

About Rock Hall Projected, Josh wrote:
  I'm using a college computer lab PC, so I hope this posts okay.

Mariah Carey - 3
DMB - 2
De La Soul - 1

MC was the only one I voted for, but it was practically a coin flip between De La Soul and Dave Matthews. I went with DMB for second place out of personal bias - De La Soul's music just isn't memorable to me, no matter how much I've tried to get into it.

True, I voted for Beefheart, and Captain Beefheart's individual songs aren't memorable, but his music itself is an unforgettable cacophony.

I'll come back next year and help push for The Killers. I didn't notice Tears For Fears wasn't in, so they will get a vote also.
Friday, 10.24.14 @ 11:18am

About John Parr, Roy wrote:
  Man In Motion (St. Elmo's Fire) * Naughty Naughty
Friday, 10.24.14 @ 11:09am
Leave your own comment about John Parr here.

About Rock Hall Projected, John R.C. wrote:
  Sorry that I'm doing this at the last minute. This tie-breaker is the hardest I had done. All of them deserved it, but it had to come up with one.

De La Soul- 3
Mariah Carey - 2
Dave Matthews Band - 1
Friday, 10.24.14 @ 10:42am

About the 2015 Nominees, Enigmaticus wrote:
  Thank you, Ben.

I really do not know that much about Nine Inch Nails, either.
Friday, 10.24.14 @ 09:28am
Leave your own comment about the 2015 Nominees here.

About the 2015 Nominees, Ben wrote:
  Hey Enig, Good to hear from ya. I see your point about Green Day and Nine Inch Nails. I actually don't know much about Nine Inch Nails. Only that they were very popular 90s Industrial Band. Both bands were Successful and Critically acclaimed. I just don't think there's enough support for 2 90s artists at the same time yet. This is due to the age of most of those on The Voting Committee and the Judges. They tend to still be people who grew up in the 60's and early 70s. As I mentioned 20 years ago there was a big fuss over 70s starting. Allman Brothers, Led Zep, Neil Young and Pink Floyd went in around that time. Things being equal the same would happen with the 90s Now. However, the Age of the Committee and Judges hasn't changed that much. So I'll stick with my predictions. Those include Lou Reed, The Spinners and Stevie Ray Vaughan. He is actually 80s but is a Blues Rock Icon. This cuts down on the 90s right now. However since you spoke of 2016. I do expect 2 90s to be inducted at the same time in 2016! I'm figuring that Nine Inch Nails will go in Next year along with perhaps Soundgarden. Just not this year. Hey those 2 could go in at the same time as the Moody Blues. You never know. I'll stay away from comments on 2016. Not ready for all that yet really.
Friday, 10.24.14 @ 07:33am
Leave your own comment about the 2015 Nominees here.

About Duran Duran, KING wrote:
   There's a year to the next nominations list. Have to start early for Duran Duran October 2015 Nominee RRHOF. I think you could argue Duran Duran is good or greater than each of the 15 nominees this year. As Enigmaticus has brilliantly written over the last 2 years, I really don't know what Duran Duran is missing. They have so many outstanding qualities...Innovation and Influence, Gold & Platinum Records, Top 10 hits, awards, creative longevity, outstanding concert/live performances. They had successful spin off groups Arcadia & Power Stations who had hits. Including the Band Aid collaboration & Live Aid concert. Duran Duran were included in many important music shows. They have fulfilled the RRHOF criteria presented. KING
Friday, 10.24.14 @ 03:47am
Leave your own comment about Duran Duran here.

About The Song Project, PopeCharming wrote:
  A few other considerations in addition to Darren's worthy suggestions:

Cat Stevens- If You Want to Sing Out, Sing Out (1971)
Gladys Knight & the Pips- I Heard it Through the Grapevine (1967)
James Taylor- Sweet Baby James (1970)
Jan & Dean- The Little Old Lady From Pasadena (1964)
Jeff Beck- Beck's Bolero (1967)
Linda Ronstadt- Blue Bayou (1977)
Mary Wells- You Beat Me To the Punch (1962)
Procol Harum- A Salty Dog (1969)
The Impressions- Amen (1964)
The Lovin' Spoonful- You Didn't Have to Be So Nice (1965)
The Mamas and the Papas- I Saw Her Again (1966)
The Rascals- Groovin' (1967)
The Righteous Brothers- (You're My) Soul and Inspiration (1966)
The Shirelles- Dedicated to the One I Love (1961)
Tom Waits- Ol' 55 (1973)
Tommy James and the Shondells- I Think We're Alone Now (1967)
Friday, 10.24.14 @ 03:13am
Leave your own comment about The Song Project here.

About The Song Project, Darren wrote:
  Ozzy Osbourne actually has 3 songs inducted into the Song Project ("Crazy Train", "Mr. Crowley" and "No More Tears", which hasn't been added to the list of songs on this page).

Here are some songs I'm considering nominating for the genre vote this month:

Bad Company - "Bad Company"
Bad Company - "Can't Get Enough"
Belle & Sebastian – "Piazza, New York Catcher"
Black Flag - "TV Party"
Cat Stevens - "The First Cut Is The Deepest"
Dead Kennedys - "Kill The Poor"
Fugazi - "Suggestion"
Grandmaster Flash - "White Lines"
Hüsker Dü – "Makes No Sense At All"
Lou Reed - "Dirty Blvd."
Lou Reed - "Satellite Of Love"
Missy Elliott – "Work It"
Motley Crue - "Home Sweet Home"
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds – "The Mercy Seat"
Otis Redding - "Hard To Handle"
Otis Redding - "Respect"
PJ Harvey - "Good Fortune"
PJ Harvey - "This Is Love"
Suicide - "Cheree"
The Specials - "A Message To You, Rudy"
The Specials - "Enjoy Yourself (It's Later Than You Think)"
Thin Lizzy - "Jailbreak"
Warren Zevon - "Excitable Boy"
X - "4th Of July"
Friday, 10.24.14 @ 01:02am
Leave your own comment about The Song Project here.

About Revisited Projected Rankings, Gassman wrote:
  My nominations:

Audioslave - Like A Stone (2002)
Coldplay - The Scientist (2002)
Feist - 1234 (2007)
Kelly Clarkson - Since U Been Gone (2004)
LCD Soundsystem - Daft Punk Is Playing At My House (2005)
M.I.A. - Paper Planes (2007)
PJ Harvey - Big Exit (2000)
Radiohead - Everything In Its Right Place (2000)
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Dani California (2006)
The Black Keys - Lonely Boy (2011)
Wilco - I'm The Man Who Loves You (2002)
Friday, 10.24.14 @ 00:58am
Leave your own comment about Revisited Projected Rankings here.

About Rock Hall Projected, Darren wrote:
  My tiebreaker vote:

De La Soul - 3
Dave Matthews Band - 2
Mariah Carey - 1

Regarding next year's newly eligibles, I think that maybe Arctic Monkeys and Janelle Monae might have a shot someday, but they'll need to continue releasing great albums and singles to build enough of a track record. The Killers have a better discography than either (and they're more successful), and they weren't even close to getting voted in as rookies this year.

For returning artists, obviously the tiebreaker losers will be front-runners and while votes this year won't translate directly to similiar votes next year, I would think that these co-relations may apply for these inducted Performers:

Bill Withers - Hard to say where his votes could be distributed, as he fits into the singer-songwriter category and the R&B category. There weren't any artists that fell just short this year from either genre. Mariah Carey (if she loses the tiebreaker) could benefit from an R&B perspective, but I don't know that her fan base overlaps well with Withers'.

Lou Reed - Singer-Songwriter, Alternative / Indie, Classic Rock - There are tons of alt / indie artists and several leading contenders under Classic Rock. Reed's music tends to be pretty dark, so Bauhaus may pull a vote or two and that may be all that they need to get in.

The Guess Who - Our classic rock pick this year. The top contenders for Guess Who votes would probably be Three Dog Night, Supertramp, and maybe Paul Revere and the Raiders. There's also the possibility that a different classic rock band (such as Foreigner or Boston) could emerge as a front-runner.

Fugazi - Punk, 80's / 90's alternative - Fugazi's votes could go to Bad Brains, Bauhaus or an emerging front-runner from the list of 80's alt rock / punk bands that haven't been inducted yet (Billy Idol, Social Distortion, Jesus and Mary Chain, Dinosaur Jr., Tears For Fears, etc.).

Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band - Neu! seems like the most logical benificiary here.

*De La Soul - If they win the tiebreaker, it opens up votes for Hip Hop / Rap artists next year. Those votes could go to A Tribe Called Quest, Nas, Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg or another consensus selection.

*Mariah Carey - If she wins the tiebreaker, it opens up votes for other R&B and Pop artists, such as Mary J. Blige or Justin Timberlake. There weren't any comparable artists that got more than 2 votes this year, so it's hard to say how this would shake out.

*Dave Matthews Band - They can't win this tiebreaker, but if they did, their votes could go to 90's artists, alternative artists, singer/songwriters or pop artists. Their fan base is rather all over the place.

These are the bands that got more than two votes this year:

Bauhaus - 5
Neu! - 5
The Chemical Brothers - 5

Queens Of The Stone Age - 4
Three Dog Night - 4

Paul Revere And The Raiders - 3
Supertramp - 3
The Dells - 3
The Shangri-Las - 3

Logically, they should be considered top contenders next year, since there aren't any likely first ballot inductees.
Friday, 10.24.14 @ 00:25am