Latest Comments

About The Album Project, BSLO wrote:
  The Who - A Quick One (Happy Jack) (1966)

Genre: Country

Artist: Randy Newman
Tuesday, 09.1.15 @ 09:52am
Leave your own comment about The Album Project here.

About The Song Project, BSLO wrote:
  Chicago - Baby What a Big Surprise (1977)
Quarterflash - Harden My Heart (1981)

Genre: Country

Artist: Led Zeppelin
Tuesday, 09.1.15 @ 09:48am

About the 2016 Nomination Predictions, Enigmaticus wrote:
  Ben,

Thank you for providing us with your list and for supporting Duran Duran and several other great artists.

I will say that Duran Duran has been my top pick for the past three years. On one website, a commenter had said, "Once Rush has been inducted; Duran Duran will be next." I had to think about this for quite a while, then I had realized that those two acts have been getting closer musically over the past 22 years. Was Geddy Lee teasing us when he said that "Alex Lifeson wanted to be Simon Le Bon?" Starting with those two great songs from "Duran Duran (aka 'The Wedding Album'), 'Ordinary World' and 'Come Undone,' Duran Duran had started moving closer to the sound of what I consider to be Rush's two greatest studio albums, "Presto" and "Roll The Bones." In fact, 'Ordinary World' would have fit on either album alongside 'Available Light,' 'Bravado' and 'Ghost Of A Chance.' Was this a conscious decision on Duran Duran's part? If so, then congratulations to Duran Duran, your longevity is now quite understandable. You have kept getting better and not resting on your laurels. It is your time to be inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame!

My second pick is of course, Yes, my co-favorite artist, alongside Rush. Both have been compared favorably to each other for over 40 years, even though neither sound alike. Yes was also a major influence upon Rush, as well.

Without The Moody Blues pioneering work on such albums as "Days Of Future Passed," "In Search Of The Lost Chord," "On The Threshold Of A Dream" and "To Our Children's Children's Children," I seriously doubt if we would have had many of the aforementioned progressive rock bands. Make no mistake about it, The Moody Blues were a huge influence upon Rush, Yes, Genesis, King Crimson, etc.

My fourth pick is Sade, one of the greatest smooth jazz ensembles of all time. Helen Folasade Adu wrote her lyrics, wrote her music and sang her magnificent songs with passion. She definitely fits into the R & B category quite favorably.

My fifth pick is Carly Simon, one of the greatest singer/songwriters of all time. She has two many superlatives to mention at one time, plus the Hall has been criticized for not inducting enough female artists. Carly and Sade definitely would be great picks.

Tuesday, 09.1.15 @ 09:15am
Leave your own comment about the 2016 Nomination Predictions here.

About the 2016 Nomination Predictions, Ben wrote:
  I will continue my Analysis. Kind of a Part 2.

Steve Miller Band- Another good 70s choice. They are mostly straight ahead Rock. Steve Miller had plenty of hits. He'll be nominated I think. Not sure about induction yet. Incidenally Enig. I noticed you included them on your Final list. You may know their albums. Steve Miller toyed with some prog on the deeper cuts. The Window is a cut I recall. There is the album Book of Dreams with cuts like Wish Upon a Star and Sacrifice. I love that tune.

Nine Inch Nails- I am not that big on key 90s people. I have great lack of knowledge on NIN. Out of my league. I just figure they were nominated last year and Green Day are out of the way.

Sade- If there is an artist that can update the R&B category it's Sade. Smooth R&B with a touch of Jazz. This is an R & B pick for me.

War- This is a slightly older R&B pick by me. War Have been nominated before. They had a spacey GRoove on a lot of their Music.

Yes- Need I say more. Chris Squire just passed so this should bring them back to the list. A lot of us know their history. Sold arenas so much in the 70s. They have a good chance of Induction too

The Zombies- This is a key 60s pick for me. They have been nominated before. 60s fans are still on the Committee. Good chance of nomination.
Tuesday, 09.1.15 @ 09:14am
Leave your own comment about the 2016 Nomination Predictions here.

About The Song Project, Austin wrote:
  Johnny Cash - Don't Take Your Guns to Town (1958)
Michael Jackson - P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing) (1982)

Artist:Wire

Genre:
Hair Metal and Power Ballads
Tuesday, 09.1.15 @ 08:31am

About the 2016 Nomination Predictions, Ben wrote:
  So I now have posted my Final predictions for the 2016 Nominees. I realized it should be a slightly leaning towards the 60s and 70s still. It's only that 50s artists may now go away. Hey the Zombies is pretty far back as is. I just want to share that I am also a huge Jethro Tull fan. While I would love to see Tull I don't think they are wise enough for that one yet. Moody Blues better chance because Days of Future Passed came first. Also Moodys sold pretty darn well into the 70s and in later decades. So here is some more analysis.

Chicago- Real long career. That can not be denied. My pick is mostly based mostly on their early Jazz Rock that's on the the first 4 albums. However huge pop hits like If You Leave Me Now, Baby What a Big Surprise and Hard to Say I'm Sorry. Those aren't great to me but shows off their Pop success. Case in Point. Hall & Oates went without a history of Groundbreaking albuns.

Joe Cocker- This is a good posthumous pick. I didn't think of it originally. I recall Joe Cocker getting good reviews at Rolling Stone. I am not a fan. I like only a couple songs. The Hall I think Would favor him now.

Deep Purple- A great Hard Rock pick. I'm not totally feeling an induction but a Nomination I think.

Duran Duran- This is a big pick of Enig. I see his point. Key in the 80s. Coming after the gutting out of the committee. Their chance is much stronger.
Electric Light Orchestra- I think the Hall will toy with them a few years with a few nominations Key 70s group. I remember the ELO T shirts when I was very young back in the 70s.

J Geils Band- This is my Blues Rock prediction for this year. This is the next pet project I think. Just to give some of you younger a little history. Freeze Frame is more of a pop album. If you go back to 1972 however they had an album called Full House. It was an album of great Blues Rock. Not a single pop Hit on it. Strictly for FM listeners. Aint Nothing But A House Party comes to mind in this era.

Moody Blues- They are always avoided by the Hall until now. I say that with the oldest people on the Committee gone they have more chance. This may be their time to get on the list finally. Days of Future Passed and In Search of the Lost Chord alone proves their importance and they had huge tours through the 70s.

I will stop my analysis for now here. These posts can get long. There is some analysis for all of you to respond to.
Tuesday, 09.1.15 @ 05:59am
Leave your own comment about the 2016 Nomination Predictions here.

About The Album Project, SotN wrote:
  Oh, and:

Artist vote nominee:

Warren Zevon
Tuesday, 09.1.15 @ 05:42am
Leave your own comment about The Album Project here.

About The Album Project, SotN wrote:
  I'm going to put a hold on Midnight Oil to re-up the album I nominated for the artist vote. I don't see much holding it back here.

Bob Dylan and the Band - The Basement Tapes (1975)
D'Angelo and the Vanguard - Black Messiah (2014)

Genre nomination - Post Punk/College Rock
Tuesday, 09.1.15 @ 05:39am
Leave your own comment about The Album Project here.

About The Song Project, SotN wrote:
  I guess while I'm here:

Bell Biv DeVoe - Poison (1990)
Kool and the Gang - Misled (1984)
Walk the Moon - Shut Up and Dance (2014)

Artist vote nominee:

Pet Shop Boys
Tuesday, 09.1.15 @ 05:34am

About The Song Project, SotN wrote:
  Nick: 1992 indicates he likely is putting up Clapton's Unplugged version.

I don't mind the idea of Layla being upped as a Clapton song for that performance. The number of differences between the two (one a group, one solo/one fast paced and one slower/one with a more hard rock drive and one more acoustic) do favor the idea of it being two separate songs - original and cover vs. somebody just performing his own song differently.

Someone upping Paul Anka's 1970 version of "Breaking Up is Hard to Do" would be more of a head-scratcher to me, since the only real difference is the pace (slower vs the old version). Fortunately, "performer does a different arrangement of already inducted song" entries are very small, so I doubt it'd become an issue.

That's just my opinion, though. Anybody else?
Tuesday, 09.1.15 @ 05:32am

About the 2016 Nomination Predictions, Sam wrote:
  Cheesecrop, the Gorillaz connection completely slipped my mind. I was solely thinking in terms of sales and chart positions, and that US journalists prefer The Smiths. Good point.

Darin: Great site! I'm sure I'll properly visit soon. I'm now sure a Smiths induction is coming soon, but sadly I reckon that the only representation of British rock after them will be Radiohead and maybe Oasis.

KING: DD have become one of my faves. I've gone from being maybe on their induction to an absolute YES, largely because of their evolution and ability to keep challenging themselves after Seven And The Ragged Tiger. Fantastic and underrated group all around, and now I'm seeing them for the first time in December!
Tuesday, 09.1.15 @ 04:04am
Leave your own comment about the 2016 Nomination Predictions here.

About The Song Project, Nick wrote:
  Layla's already inducted with Derek & the Dominos (Clapton's short-lived band from the early 1970s). Are you basing your nomination off the MTV unplugged performance? Not sure if that counts; how do others feel?
Tuesday, 09.1.15 @ 01:35am

About The Song Project, Steve Z wrote:
  General Vote:
George Thorogood & The Destroyers - One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer (1977)
Eric Clapton - Layla (1992)
Sia - Elastic Heart (2014)

Artist Vote:
The Kinks

Genre Vote:
Swing/Big Band/Jazz
Tuesday, 09.1.15 @ 01:09am

About The Song Project, Darren wrote:
  Nick - Yes, "Rag Doll" was inducted. I missed that when I was putting the post together.

2015 songs won't be eligible until 2016. We voted to delay what month they're eligible in, so I think 2015 songs are first eligible in either March or April 2016.
Tuesday, 09.1.15 @ 00:41am

About The Song Project, Billy R wrote:
  General Songs-
The Dixie Cups - Chapel of Love (1964)
Jimmy Ruffin - What Becomes Of The Brokenhearted (1966)
Ella Henderson - Ghost (2014)

Genre-
The Ladies Of Country and Western

Artist-
Johnny Horton
Tuesday, 09.1.15 @ 00:38am

About The Album Project, Rick Vendl II wrote:
  My nomination for September 2015/2040 induction into The Album Project...

Electric Light Orchestra and Olivia Newton-John - Xanadu (1980)

Genre

Novelty

Artist

Electric Light Orchestra
Monday, 08.31.15 @ 23:56pm
Leave your own comment about The Album Project here.

About The Album Project, Donnie wrote:
  General Vote

Eurythmics- Savage (1987)

Genre Vote

70's Hard Rock

Artist Vote

John Mellencamp
Monday, 08.31.15 @ 23:49pm
Leave your own comment about The Album Project here.

About The Song Project, Rick Vendl II wrote:
  My nominations for September 2015/2040 induction into The Song Project...

Sammy Davis, Jr. (With The Mike Curb Congregation) - The Candy Man (1972)
Dan Hill - It's a Long Road (1982)

Artist

Electric Light Orchestra
Monday, 08.31.15 @ 23:45pm

About The Song Project, Donnie wrote:
  General Vote

Tommy James and the Shondells- Crystal Blue Persuasion (1969)

Eurythmics- Love is a Stranger (1982)

Genre Vote

1990's Electronica

Artist Vote

Rihanna
Monday, 08.31.15 @ 23:44pm

About The Song Project, Nick wrote:
  General nominations
Leonard Cohen: Bird on the Wire (1968)
Three Dog Night: Shambala (1973)

Genre nomination
Artists with Only 1 Song in The Song Project

Artist nomination
Bruce Springsteen

Monday, 08.31.15 @ 22:56pm

About The Song Project, Greg F wrote:
  My Nominations:

George Michael- I Want Your Sex (1987)
Salt-N-Pepa- Let's Talk About Sex (1990)
The Black Keys- Fever (2014)

Genre:

70's Soft Rock

Artist:

Buddy Holly/The Crickets
Monday, 08.31.15 @ 22:26pm

About The Song Project, Nick wrote:
  Also when are 2015 songs eligible for the Song and Album projects?
Monday, 08.31.15 @ 22:22pm

About The Song Project, Nick wrote:
  Darren,
Wasn't Aerosmith's "Rag Doll" (1987) inducted in the August genre vote?
Monday, 08.31.15 @ 22:19pm

About The Album Project, Greg F wrote:
  My Nominations:

Tori Amos- Boys For Pele (1996)
Lucinda Williams- Down Where The Spirit Meets The Bone (2014)

Genre:

Indie Dance/Indietronica

Artist:

Tori Amos
Monday, 08.31.15 @ 22:18pm
Leave your own comment about The Album Project here.

About The Album Project, Darren wrote:
  The Album Project:

Nominations for this month are now open. Every voter can nominate one album from 2014 and one album from 2014 or prior to 2014. Nominations will end at 10 PM Central on the 3rd.

The following albums are automatically nominated as the result of losing the tiebreaker in last month's Album Project Vote, Artist Vote or Genre Project Votes:

Bob Dylan - Modern Times (2006)
Duke Ellington - Anatomy of a Murder: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (1959)
Vangelis - Chariots of Fire (1981)
Various Artists - West Side Story Soundtrack (1961)

Each voter must vote for exactly 6 albums to have their ballot count.

There will be 5 days of voting, ending at 10 PM Central on the 8th. The top 5 vote-getters will be inducted, with a tiebreaker taking place if necessary.

The Genre Vote:

The following genres are automatically nominated as a result of losing the previous genre selection vote but receiving at least four nominations:

1960's R&B/Soul
90's Electronica
Art Rock/Progressive Rock
Industrial
Live Albums
Metal

Each voter will be allowed to nominate one additional genre this month if they choose to do so. Nominations will end at 10 PM Central on the 3rd.

"70's R&B" is ineligible for nomination until October, as it was the selected genre from March.

"90's American Alternative Rock" is ineligible for nomination until November, as it was the selected genre from April.

"Hip Hop/Rap" is ineligible for nomination until December, as it was the selected genre from May.

"80's Pop" is ineligible for nomination until January, as it was the selected genre from June.

"Female Pop Stars" is ineligible for nomination until February, as it was the selected genre from July.

"Movie Soundtracks" is ineligible for nomination until March, as it was the selected genre from August.

"Punk" is now once again eligible for nomination, after spending six months ineligible.

Every voter will be able to vote for 5 nominated album genres. Any genre that receives less than 4 votes in the genre selection will not be automatically nominated for the genre vote next month (any genre that receives 4 votes, but doesn't with the selection vote would be automatically nominated).

There will be three days of voting, ending at 10 PM Central on the 6th, followed by a discussion period to nail down the specifics of the votes (which albums qualify for the genre, whether or not there will be an early influence vote, whether or not the genre will be split along chronological or other lines, etc.). The discussion period will continue until the conclusion of the Album Project voting (which may or may not require a tiebreaker).

There will be 2 days of nominations for the genre vote, followed by 1 day of review. Any voter can lodge a protest against a nominated album, but only if they feel that the album is being nominated inapproriately. Any album that receives 3 protests will be disqualified from the genre vote. There will be 5 days of voting with the same rules as the Album Project vote.

If there are two genre votes this month, they will take place simultaneously.

The Artist Vote:

The 1st through the 3rd (3 days) - Nominations for the Artist Vote will take place. Any voter can nominate one Artist that hasn't already been selected for the Artist Vote.

The following artists are ineligible because they have been previously selected:

Bob Dylan
Frank Zappa / The Mothers Of Invention
Joni Mitchell
Tom Waits

The 4th through the 8th (5 days) - Artist Vote selection voting will take place. Voters will be allowed to vote for five nominated artists. The artist that receives the most votes will be the selected artist for the month. In the event of a tie, there will be a two day tiebreaker vote. The winner will be selected for the month. The loser(s) will NOT be automatically selected for the next month.

The 9th through the 11th (approx.) - Nominations for the selected artist will take place. Everyone will be allowed to nominate 1 album by the selected artist. If the selected artist has a small enough discography of eligible albums, nominations may be skipped with all eligible albums being eligible for the vote.

The 12th (approx.) through the 16th (5 days) - Voting will take place. Voters can vote for exactly five nominated albums. The two albums that receive the most votes will be inducted into the Album Project. In the event of a tie, there will be a two day tiebreaker vote. Tiebreaker losers will be automatically nominated for the next month's Album Project vote.
Monday, 08.31.15 @ 22:09pm
Leave your own comment about The Album Project here.

About The Song Project, Darren wrote:
  The Song Project:

Nominations for this month will open at 10 PM Central (any nominations posted before then will be counted). Every voter can nominate one song from 2014 and two songs from 2014 or earlier. Nominations will end at 10 PM Central on the 3rd.

Voting will begin at 10 PM Central on the 3rd and conclude at 10 PM Central on the 8th.

The following songs are automatically nominated as a result of losing a tiebreaker in last month's Song Project Vote or in last month's Genre Votes or because an artist with a song in Voter's Choice had a different song inducted into the Project previously:

Aerosmith - Rag Doll (1987)
Queen - Radio Ga Ga (1984)
The Pretenders - My City Was Gone (1984)
The Who - You Better You Bet (1981)

Each voter will be required to vote for exactly 12 songs for their ballot to be counted. There will be 5 days of voting, ending at 10 PM Central on the 8th. The top 10 vote-getters will be inducted, with a tiebreaker taking place if necessary.

The Genre Vote:

The following genres are automatically nominated as a result of losing the genre selection vote in August, but receiving at least 4 votes:

1950's Rock and Roll
Art/Experimental/Progressive Rock
Cover Songs
Early Influence
Hip Hop/Rap
Industrial
Instrumentals
Movie, TV & Broadway Musicals
Religious
The British Invasion
TV Show Themes

"Essentials and Deeper Cuts from Critically Acclaimed Albums" is ineligible for nomination until October, as it was the selected genre from March.

"1970's R&B and Soul" is ineligible for nomination until November, as it was the selected genre from April.

"Disco And Dance Pop" is ineligible for nomination until December, as it was the selected genre from May.

"Artists with 0 Songs inducted in the Song Project" is ineligible for nomination until January, as it was the selected genre from June.

"60's Garage Rock (American or European)" is ineligible for nomination until February, as it was the selected genre from July.

"80's Rock Hits" is ineligible for nomination until March, as it was the selected genre from August.

"70's Classic and Hard Rock" is now once again eligible for nomination, after spending six months ineligible.

There will be three days of voting, ending at 10 PM Central on the 6th, followed by a discussion period to nail down the specifics of the votes (which songs qualify for the genre, whether or not there will be an early influence vote, whether or not the genre will be split along chronological or other lines, etc.). The discussion period will continue until the conclusion of the Song Project voting (which may or may not require a tiebreaker).

Each voter will be allowed to vote for 5 genres (regardless of how many genres are nominated overall). Any genre that receives less than 4 votes in the genre selection will not be automatically nominated for the genre vote next month (any genre that receives 4 votes, but doesn't win the selection vote would be automatically nominated).

There will be 2 days of nominations for the genre vote, followed by 1 day of review. Any voter can lodge a protest against a nominated song, but only if they feel that the song is being nominated inappropriately. Any song that receives 3 protests will be disqualified from the genre vote. There will be 5 days of voting with the same rules as the Song Project vote.

If there are two genre votes this month, they will take place simultaneously.

The Artist Vote:

Elvis Presley
The Beatles
The Who
Van Morrison

The 9th through the 11th (approx.) - Nominations for the selected artist will take place. Everyone will be allowed to nominate 1 song by the selected artist.

The 12th (approx.) through the 16th (5 days) - Voting will take place. Voters can vote for exactly five nominated songs. The three songs that receive the most votes will be inducted into the Song Project. In the event of a tie, there will be a two day tiebreaker vote. Tiebreaker losers will be automatically nominated for the next month's Song Project vote.
Monday, 08.31.15 @ 22:05pm

About The Album Project, Darren wrote:
  Just a heads up for this month, but I'm going to be away from my computer from the 18th through the 27th of September (going to San Francisco for a tech conference and among other things, planning to see Best Coast at the Fillmore), so the Artist Vote will take place at the same time as the first genre vote and if we pick genres that are split into two votes, both genre votes will take place at the same time. That way, the project should be done for the month by the 18th.
Monday, 08.31.15 @ 21:54pm
Leave your own comment about The Album Project here.

About The Song Project, Darren wrote:
Monday, 08.31.15 @ 21:54pm

About the 2016 Nomination Predictions, KING wrote:
  Great 2015 Nominees List Paul K.Love the Ben E. King, WAR, Deep Purple,Smashing Pumpkins picks.Same as mine as well as a few others. Glad to see you put Def Leppard on your list. They are a KING FAV of mine. I went with Bon Jovi. Deep Purple, Ben E. King , and The Spinners are 3 I would like to see inducted. All 3 are deserving and nominated multiple times. Moving into September now. Should be some excellent groups on the ballot. Great picks by Enig, Rick,Roy,PopeCharming etc. It seems to be now or never for N.W.A. Like to see Stevie Nicks on the ballot but she was inducted in Fleetwood Mac. Might go with Janet or Pat Benatar. KING
Monday, 08.31.15 @ 17:42pm
Leave your own comment about the 2016 Nomination Predictions here.

About the 2016 Nomination Predictions, Paul K wrote:

N.W.A
Pat Benatar
Smashing Pumpkins
Sonic Youth
War
The Zombies

I'm going with a super stacked ballot. Let's see how I do.
Monday, 08.31.15 @ 16:43pm
Leave your own comment about the 2016 Nomination Predictions here.

About Pulp, DarinRG wrote:
  Aahhh, senility... let it wash over me!

Posted by Cheesecrop on Monday, 08.31.15 @ 06:25am

I'm right there with you, brother.
Monday, 08.31.15 @ 15:52pm
Leave your own comment about Pulp here.

About Rush, Cheesecrop wrote:
  Even now, I still think that there is a huge divide between those of us who appreciate progressive rock vs. those who appreciate punk rock. By the way, I have never been on the
"punk side" of that divide.

Posted by Enigmaticus on Sunday, 08.30.15 @ 16:40pm
--------------------------------------------------
Among older fans, there may be a divide, but among younger sorts, I'm not sure there is any kind of split.

I never gave much of a listen to Prog initially, though I was a big fan of the psychedelic acts that wandered over there. I could listen to Pink Floyd & the Sex Pistols, and not really have an issue. Nor did many of my friends, really.

I remember liking Queensryche's "Silent Lucidity", and also appreciating Metallica & Megadeth. A little later on, I listened to both Tool and Green Day, and also had no real issue. I listen to Pearl Jam, an alleged "grunge" band, do a song like "Nothing As It Seems", and there's traces of Floyd all over it. At the same time, listen to Guns N' Roses "November Rain". You could argue that it's overblown - or you could argue that underneath it all, there's traces of the Moody Blues run amok.

For me, there's only one diff., & that's the one between pop and rock. Not that I don't enjoy a lot of pop stuff myself. Perhaps when you were in your teens and 20's, there was a genuine split, but I'm not so sure it's there now (though I can only speak for myself, and a select group of folks I've known).
Monday, 08.31.15 @ 06:48am
Leave your own comment about Rush here.

About the 2016 Nomination Predictions, Cheesecrop wrote:
  Everybody here has pretty much covered why Three Dog Night gets overlooked, so I'll not weigh in there. I think ELO does stand a better than average chance, but I can't see them making it in ahead of the Yes's or Jethro Tull's of the world. Technically there's no reason why I should be thinking this way, as they have a good sized catalog of hits, had plenty of success, & still pick up time on commercial radio (for what that's worth, these days).

Maybe it's that they seem to weigh in on the pop side of Prog rock, & the general trend is toward the heavier side of things. They're a bunch of Sgt. Pepper's in a Tom Sawyer world.

I Blame Rush For All Of This!!! (nah, just kidding, Enigma) :)
Monday, 08.31.15 @ 06:34am
Leave your own comment about the 2016 Nomination Predictions here.

About Pulp, Cheesecrop wrote:
  Pulp, Suede, Manic Street Preachers, Elastica, then I start noticing that Blur and Oasis are there.

Posted by DarinRG on Sunday, 08.30.15 @ 15:44pm
--------------------------------------------------
Old age is doing a number on me... first I forgot Weird Al, a few days ago, & now the Manic Street Preachers...

Of course, if they knew it, they'd have the inspiration to sing a certain song, perhaps...

"Nobody Loves You"

btw, I forgot about the Stone Roses here as well.

Aahhh, senility... let it wash over me!
Monday, 08.31.15 @ 06:25am
Leave your own comment about Pulp here.

About Huey Lewis and The News, Roy wrote:
  Huey Lewis and the News

01. Huey Lewis (vocals, harmonica; Clover)
02. Sean Hopper (keyboards; Clover)
03. Chris Hayes (guitar)
04. Johnny Colla (guitar, saxophone)
05. Mario Cipollina (bass guitar)
06. Bill Gibson (drums)
Monday, 08.31.15 @ 00:28am
Leave your own comment about Huey Lewis and The News here.

About the 2016 Nomination Predictions, Ben wrote:
  I just want to jump in here and say that I do feel ELO will be nominated but I do not think they will be inducted at all this time. I think they will be nominated several times first. Kind of the way Cat Stevens was nominated at least a couple times. I'm not discussing Inductees yet at all. That's after the official Nominee announcement. I think Moody Blues and yes stand a much better chance of induction but all 3 I predict as Nominees. I feel the same way about the Steve Miller Band. A nominee but not necessarily an Inductee.
Sunday, 08.30.15 @ 21:00pm
Leave your own comment about the 2016 Nomination Predictions here.

About the 2016 Nomination Predictions, Nick wrote:
  I’m 25 and I know most of Three Dog Night’s famous songs like “Joy to the World,” “Shamabala,” “Black & White,” and “Mama Told Me Not to Come” (I nominated and got that song in the Song Project earlier this year). I think what hurts Three Dog Night’s chances at the Rock Hall is that they hardly got any acclaim at the zenith of their popularity in the late 60s and early 70s. At this time, Three Dog Night were one of the most popular bands. I think most of their songs still hold up well today. Let’s face it, there are more worthy and important bands in the history of rock music that aren’t in the Rock Hall yet (Yes, Deep Purple, Moody Blues, Kraftwerk, etc.).

Just because they didn’t write their own songs doesn’t mean they’re not worthy. If that was the case, many of the inducted acts wouldn’t have stood a chance (e.g., Linda Ronstadt, Righteous Brothers, Elvis Presley and most of Motown’s inducted acts).

On a side note, I totally agree that Electric Light Orchestra should be inducted in the performer category; Jeff Lyne in the Musical Excellent category just seems wrong (akin to Nile Rodgers and Chic). I’m shocked nobody mentioned his connection to Tom Petty (a 1st-ballot Hall of Famer) and someone whose inducted people in the past. If anyone’s gonna induct ELO or Lyne, it would most likely be Petty.
Sunday, 08.30.15 @ 20:05pm
Leave your own comment about the 2016 Nomination Predictions here.

About the 2016 Nomination Predictions, Rick Vendl II wrote:
  There was some talk about the awards performance and McCartney talking love for ELO. The thing is with McCartney's power and influence, why hasn't ELO done better in the nomination phase RRHOF then? KING

Posted by KING on Sunday, 08.30.15 @ 15:27pm

Well, Paul McCartney did help Ringo Starr solo get in last year after 20 years of being snubbed, so do not underestimate his power!
Sunday, 08.30.15 @ 19:34pm
Leave your own comment about the 2016 Nomination Predictions here.

About Rush, Enigmaticus wrote:
"punk side" of that divide.

So, why have I always liked Duran Duran? This question had always been foremost on my mind? I had always appreciated their music, as well as most of the Talking Heads discography, but I could never get into the Go-gos, nor Devo, nor The Clash, nor The Ramones, nor the Sex Pistols, etc.

Then finally, John Taylor releases the proverbial smoking gun that Duran Duran has always been unabashedly prog. Now it finally makes sense. Now, I can finally fully explain why I have enjoyed the music of Duran Duran.
Sunday, 08.30.15 @ 16:40pm
Leave your own comment about Rush here.

About Rush, Enigmaticus wrote:
  Even now, I still think that there is a huge divide between those of us who appreciate progressive rock vs. those who appreciate punk rock. By the way,I have never been on the "punk side" of that divide.

Sunday, 08.30.15 @ 16:27pm
Leave your own comment about Rush here.