Latest Comments

About the Induction Criteria, richard wrote:
  Connie Frances should be in the rock and hall of fame. long over due and over look. just look at her success in the business from the 50s thru 60s her records dont lie. international fame, songs in many different languages she had hit records in plus first woman to have million record sales. the rock and roll hall of fame must be sleeping. other artist are in who done less. and she has is not. i think its about time for her to be inducted.
Tuesday, 08.23.16 @ 16:22pm
Leave your own comment about the Induction Criteria here.

About the 2017 Nomination Predictions, Marissa wrote:
  Duran Duran is an interesting mention. As far as the 80's go, The Cure and Depeche Mode were more influential.
Tuesday, 08.23.16 @ 11:23am

About the 2017 Nomination Predictions, Ben wrote:
  Now as far as the Classic Rock on my list I was thinking it would be more low key. Although the Moody Blues are pretty darn popular. They stand out as being snubbed. J. Geils Band and Todd Rundgren are legendary but more low key to many people.

I agree that Duran Duran deserve a nomination. I picked them as a nominee last year. I just think that the Hall may want to still try the 80s alt thing. I have seen how that goes. I go with the Cure even though I am not a fan. I look at Duran Duran as 80s prog in a sense. They may hold off on them a little longer.

Many of you agree with me on Chic and the Spinners returning. They are both repeat nominees that keep coming up for Disco/R&B.
Tuesday, 08.23.16 @ 11:12am

About Revisited Projected Rankings, Donnie wrote:
  1. The Rolling Stones- Tattoo You (1981) (15 pts)
2. The Replacements- Tim (1985)
3. Pixies- Surfer Rosa (1988)
4. Black Flag- Damaged (1981)
5. Talking Heads- Stop Making Sense (1984)
6. Phil Collins- No Jacket Required (1985)
7. INXS- Kick (1987)
8. Eurythmics- Touch (1983)
9. The B-52's- Cosmic Thing (1989)
10. New Order- Power, Corruption, and Lies (1983)
11. John Mellencamp- Scarecrow (1985)
12. Husker Du- New Day Rising (1985)
13. Cyndi Lauper- She's So Unusual (1983)
14. The Jesus and Mary Chain- Psychocandy (1985)
15. Bad Brains- Bad Brains (1982) (1 pt)
Tuesday, 08.23.16 @ 09:37am
Leave your own comment about Revisited Projected Rankings here.

About the 2017 Nomination Predictions, Ben wrote:
  I've read some great Nomination lists. Ed and Jason picked the Guess Who. I did not think of that one. The Hall may wait though. Wow. Arthur Brown. The Crazy World of Arthur Brown. he had a huge hit with Fire in the Summer of 1968. That is certainly a left field pick. I suppose its possible but I don't expect it. Quicksilver Messenger Service may be more likely. I am not picking them either. Just thought I would mention them.

Classic Rock picked the Meters like I did. I think that is a very decent pick. I was not thinking of the Janet Jackson pregnancy. I picked both her and Tina Turner. I'm thinking if they gave Chaka Khan a chance they will give Tina a chance too.

A few of you picked earlier acts like Mary Wells and the Marvelettes. Their careers go back to about 1961,1962. Unfortunately the time may have passed for those to be a likelihood. That is because of the Nom Com change. I think later 60s artists like the Moody Blues and Procul Harum are still on the mark. I am just not sure about both at the same time. The Monkees are also very possible.

Journey is a good populist pick as well as Bad Company. My feeling is they may wait in light of so much Classic Rock last year. I certainly love my Classic Rock but the Hall may want to minimize Classic Rock a bit. The Classic rock I have picked for 2017 is a little earlier.
Tuesday, 08.23.16 @ 09:35am

Eurythmics - Touch (1984)- 5
Violent Femmes - Violent Femmes (1983)- 4
The B-52's - Cosmic Thing (1989)- 3
Bauhaus - Mask (1981)- 2
The Stone Roses - The Stone Roses (1989)- 1

Tuesday, 08.23.16 @ 08:45am
Leave your own comment about Revisited Projected Rankings here.

About The Album Project, SotN wrote:
  Bad Luck Streak in Dancing School (1980)
Life'll Kill Ya (2000)
The Envoy (1982)
The Wind (2003)
Warren Zevon (1976)
Tuesday, 08.23.16 @ 07:43am
Leave your own comment about The Album Project here.

About Revisited Projected Rankings, Darren wrote:
R.E.M. - Green (1988) - 5
New Order - Power, Corruption & Lies (1983) - 4
Echo & the Bunnymen - Echo & the Bunnymen (1987) - 3
The Rolling Stones - Tattoo You (1981) - 2
Minor Threat - Minor Threat (1981) - 1
Monday, 08.22.16 @ 23:44pm
Leave your own comment about Revisited Projected Rankings here.

About Revisited Projected Rankings, Darren wrote:
  Round 4 Nominations for the 1980s Group are now closed.

The following 33 albums received at least 6 nominations and will be included in the Initial Rankings:

Bad Brains - Bad Brains (1982)
Bauhaus - Mask (1981)
Black Flag - Damaged (1981)
Bonnie Raitt - Nick of Time (1989)
Cyndi Lauper - She's So Unusual (1983)
Echo & the Bunnymen - Echo & the Bunnymen (1987)
Eurythmics - Touch (1984)
Fugazi - Fugazi (1988)
Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five - The Message (1982)
Hüsker Dü - New Day Rising (1985)
INXS - Kick (1987)
John "Cougar" Mellencamp - American Fool (1982)
John Mellencamp - Scarecrow (1985)
Minor Threat - Minor Threat (1981)
New Order - Power, Corruption & Lies (1983)
Phil Collins - No Jacket Required (1985)
Pixies - Surfer Rosa (1988)
R.E.M. - Green (1988)
Roxy Music - Avalon (1981)
Talking Heads - Speaking in Tongues (1983)
Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense (1984)
The B-52's - Cosmic Thing (1989)
The Clash - Sandinista! (1980)
The Cure - Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss Me (1987)
The Jesus & Mary Chain - Psychocandy (1985)
The Pogues - If I Should Fall From Grace With God (1988)
The Police - Zenyatta Mondatta (1980)
The Replacements - Tim (1985)
The Rolling Stones - Tattoo You (1981)
The Stone Roses - The Stone Roses (1989)
Tom Waits - Rain Dogs (1985)
Violent Femmes - Violent Femmes (1983)
Whitney Houston - Whitney Houston (1985)

Any voter that would like to is eligible to vote in the Initial Rankings. To vote, rank 15 albums in order of preference. The highest-ranked song gets 15 points, the second-highest 14 points and so on.

The 14 albums that receive the most points (with more than 14 in the event of a tie for 14th) will be qualified for the final rankings vote for the 1980s group, to be ranked between #57 and #70 in the final rankings

There will be three days of initial ranking votes.

Rankings will end at 10 PM Central on Thursday the 25th.
Monday, 08.22.16 @ 23:39pm
Leave your own comment about Revisited Projected Rankings here.

About The Song Project, Derek wrote:
  Albert King- Blues Power (1968)
Bobby “Blue” Bland- Ain’t Nothing You Can Do (1964)
Bonnie Raitt- The Road’s My Middle Name (1989)
Buddy Guy- Damn Right, I’ve Got the Blues (1991)
Buddy Guy- Mary Had a Little Lamb (1968)
Canned Heat- On the Road Again (1968)
Foghat- I Just Want to Make Love to You (1972)
J.J. Cale- Call Me the Breeze (1972)
Jimmy Reed- Bright Lights, Big City (1961)
The Allman Brothers Band- Ain’t Wastin’ Time No More (1972)
The J. Geils Band- Whammer Jammer (1971)
The Paul Butterfield Blues Band- Mellow Down Easy (1965)

Hello Old Friend (1976)
I’ve Got a Rock ‘n’ Roll Heart (1983)
Mainline Florida (1974)
Motherless Children (1974)
The Core (1977)
Monday, 08.22.16 @ 22:59pm
Leave your own comment about The Song Project here.

About the 2017 Nomination Predictions, KING wrote:
  Here is the KING's 2016 slate of RRHOF nominees.
1.Moody Blues
15.Bad Company
16.Bryan Adams
17.LL Cool J
18.The Cars
19.Kool & The Gang
20.J. Geils Band

It's a strong list of nominees and 3 women with a chance at induction. Emmylou, Janet Jackson, and Stevie Nicks. Kool and the Gang has been around 50 years and fills many boxes. I guess Bryan Adams is my biggest surprise but he started in music really young. Around 40 years ago. He's had a few Diamond albums and Reckless is a Classic. I think Paul Rodgers should be in HOF. Bad Company might be his best chance. They made plenty of Classic Songs: Bad Company, Shooting Star, Rock & Roll Fantasy etc. I think LL Cool J's time is here. He's real popular and could really rock the stage. As many FRL regulars have stated, Pearl Jam a lock for Induction and Chic will be forced in with some creative voting. It's early for the other awards but Willie Nelson deserves to be in somehow as Lifetime or Musical Excellence Award. Jeff Lynne deserves to be in as well. I counted 11/20 former nominees on my ballot. Should be another excellent slate of deserving nominees. Hopefully, the RRHOF listened to some of Steve Miller's suggestions and made some changes. KING
Monday, 08.22.16 @ 20:55pm

Janet Jackson
2Pac
Monday, 08.22.16 @ 20:52pm

About the 2017 Nomination Predictions, Jason Voigt wrote:
  Here you go, my 15 prediction picks for Nominees:

First balloters:

PEARL JAM - I'm sure everyone will have the same ideas and reasons why for this one, so I'll just put this in my own words: Pearl Jam is simply an iconic 90s band. I grew up listening to their music, and to me their first three albums are classic. The critics agree, and so do the fans. They continued to make great music even though the grunge subgenre faded and they rock on to the present day. They are for sure a shoo-in.

2PAC - Most of us know that 2Pac was the guy who had the most impact on gangsta-rap, and I guess he still does. For all I know, maybe he still releases albums(?). His death at the early age of 26 propelled him to iconic status. I didn't grow up listening to his music, but my classmates bought his albums. Each time his new CD (dead or alive) would drop, it was like an event. They paid attention to the lyrics, and treated his music like philosophy. I can sense that millions of young teens were the same way. Do I think he will get in right away? No. But I do think he will at least make the board.

Previously nominated:

JANET JACKSON - She really hasn't stood out that much in 2016, except for her touring and postponing dates. I would never think her and Pearl Jam would be headlining an induction ceremony together, but I've seen weirder things happen. Now that she's on the board, keep putting Janet on the list until its her time for induction.

THE SPINNERS - Did you know that the Spinners are still touring? For real. War is too, and they almost made my predictions ballot. But the Spinners...well, they're getting up there. I don't even know any original members that are still with them, or with us. And let's be honest, its actually getting annoying seeing the Spinners and War on the ballot. Just let 'em in.

THE ZOMBIES - I've come to realize the harsh reality that many 50's and 60's acts are becoming very scarce for Rock Hall consideration. And this is not about personal taste: I dig Herman's Hermits and the Turtles, but I don't think they're that RRHOF-worthy, or maybe Brook Benton. I hope it does happen sometime. Clearly the NomCom is making more way for 70's, 80's and now 90's acts. And that's not a problem at all, except for the situation where that band's influence from the 60's is not in the HOF. That's where there is trouble. I'd say the Zombies is the closest to any 60's group that will be inducted soon.

NINE INCH NAILS - I'm getting this feeling that Trent (and I guess, the backup crew) will be nominated continuously until induction. And I'm fine with that!

KRAFTWERK - Arguably in my opinion, the most important act not in the HOF as far as influence.

THE CARS - I am confident that the NomCom will give them another go.

MC5 - I'm just gonna go with everyone else's guess about this one. Maybe Tom Morello WILL try to get them in.

BON JOVI - It's a mystery to me that Bon Jovi has waited long enough to get in, even though they've only been nominated once. My image of Jon Bon Jovi is him jamming with several HOFers, and usually if there's a big event (like charity), he's usually there. I don't think him and his band will have any trouble getting in soon. Period. I've been waiting for him (or them) to get nominated and inducted the last 3 years. I'm positive that if Bon Jovi is on the ballot this year, they'll get in right away, regardless of their competition. Face it, they're seen as legends and icons. They still sell out arenas. Richie and Jon would definitely show up to the ceremony. On top of that, they would represent the hard-rock genre very well. They would be a great headliner, next to Pearl Jam. If I'm not mistaken, I think Bon Jovi may have performed with Eddie Vedder at some point. I say, get them out of the way please. And thank you.

Never before nominated:

DIONNE WARWICK - My thing about the divas is: before they put in Whitney or Mariah, why not put in the originals first? I broke this one down to either Cher or Dionne Warwick. Sure, Dionne probably would not be classified as a 'diva'. But hey, she was a hitmaker and a great singer who had a long run. And, she should get in before her cousin, Whitney. What would be extremely great would be if Dionne was inducted the same time as Hal David and Burt Bacharach. As far as I know, they helped build each other's careers. I can dream, can I?

ARTHUR BROWN - Brown may not be the "God of Hell Fire", but he's a totally left-field pick. I look at it as over the years sometimes an act that no one would think of would appear on a ballot. Last year it was Los Lobos and the JB's. For some reason, I had Arthur Brown on my mind on a recent day. Then I looked at his Wikipedia page, and it all came down to this: despite of Brown's status as a one-hit wonder, he still has a legacy. He was one of the first 'shock-rockers', and if Pete Townshend, Alice Cooper and Ozzy Osbourne had influence in the Nominating Committee, Brown would be right there on the ballot. Again, this one's just a random guess.

THE GUESS WHO - This is probably the second or third year in a row I've put them on my predictions list. Call them classic rock, Canadian rock, whatever. Philip Seymour Hoffman as Lester Bangs in 'Almost Famous': "The Doors? Jim Morrison? He's a drunken buffoon posing as a poet. Give me the Guess Who! They got the courage to be drunken buffoons, which makes them poetic!"

STEVIE NICKS - I've talked about her many times on this site about why I believe Ms. Nicks would be great as a solo act inductee. It's either her, Diana Ross or Tina Turner who could be the first female "Clyde McPhatter".

NINA SIMONE - Pretty much the same reason why she's on other people's predictions lists. She's just way overdue, even in death.

Others I've considered putting on my list: Glen Campbell, War, Cher, Willie Nelson, The Cure

So there you have it. This usually helps cure my 'end of summer blues', giving me something to look forward to in compiling this list. I do enjoy reading and comparing with everyone else's list on this site. However, at the same time, sometimes I feel like "Whatever...", when I do these lists. Look, I'll be the 1000th person to complain and moan about the Rock Hall - they're getting to the point where the institution is not going to be taken seriously for awhile. I just feel now that there is way too much of a backlog of artists that are not in. Several genres and many subgenres all have their share of being misrepresented, with some exceptions. Don't get me wrong, everyone that is in the Hall is deserving in some way. And I'm glad that the last few years the NomCom has paid more attention to groups that have been shunned (KISS, Rush, Chicago, etc.). But there's still quite a backlog. Starting with the 1950s, to the British Invasion, to Soul, the Country crossovers, New Wave, electronica, the list goes on and on. These are just many periods of time and genres that I think the Hall should catch up on. Did I mention the shortage of women? (By the way, I predict this year the NomCom will be laid back, gender-wise, which is why I put four women on my list) Its no wonder the Hall's politics continues to confuse people. One metalhead would wonder why Motorhead isn't in, or a longtime record collector hobbyist would question why this particular important band is not in the Hall.

In the end, it's us (the music fans and lovers) that keeps coming back. Kind of like being loyal to a sports team. We like to predict who will be the 'chosen few' who will be enshrined next Spring. Let's hope the Rock Hall will live up to its name for a little longer.
Monday, 08.22.16 @ 19:20pm

About the 2017 Nomination Predictions, FRL wrote:

When will the 2017 Nominees be announced? (probably early October)
Monday, 08.22.16 @ 14:50pm

About Revisited Projected Rankings, AlexVoltaire wrote:
  Just a few for me:

John Lennon & Yoko Ono - Double Fantasy (1980)
R.E.M. - Green (1988)
REO Speedwagon - Hi Infidelity (1980)
The Stone Roses - The Stone Roses (1989)
Monday, 08.22.16 @ 13:59pm
Leave your own comment about Revisited Projected Rankings here.

About the 2017 Nomination Predictions, Ben wrote:
  Nick,

The nominees tend to be announce in October. So we will be speculating on predictions for awhile. I haven't read on it though.

I do agree there will be a bunch of personal pet projects and and repeat nominees. Certainly J Geils Band and the Zombies are 2 such pet projects Those are favs of Steve Van Zant. Now since did Yes did fail to be inducted a couple of times I think it may finally be time for the Moody Blues. Last year I predicted 3 prog acts. Given how the Nom committee really is I will only go with the Moodys in this genre.

I think Judas Priest is a pet project of Tom Morello as well as Eddie Trunk. I am not clear if Trunk is on the committee or not. The Meters and the Spinners seem to be nominees that come up a lot. So I think they both stand a good chance as nominees. Chic have been nominated over and over again for years. So they certainly extremely likely to be nominated.

So I have expanded on what you were saying. There will of course be some new entries. Moody Blues would be. So would Todd Rundgren.
Monday, 08.22.16 @ 13:19pm

About the 2017 Nomination Predictions, Nick wrote:
  Quick question for everyone - Aren't the Rock Hall nominees usually announced in mid September? I've read multiple reports and articles claiming the nominations are announced in October.

Thanks Ben; I agree there should be at least 6 inductees in the performer category. The more I think about it thou, with the exception of bonafide first-ballot appearances of both Pearl Jam and 2Pac, I think the 2017 ballot will largely comprise of the Nominating Committee's personal pet projects and the usual suspects (nominees who have appeared on previous ballots).
Monday, 08.22.16 @ 10:39am

About the 2017 Nomination Predictions, Ben wrote:
  Someone mentioned that hopefully it is 6 Inductees this year. I too am desperately hoping there are more than 5 inductees in the Performer category. It was Nick who said it. Good point. The Rock Hall should go back to 6 Performer inductees. If there was a sixth inductee for 2016 that would have possibly have saved the ceremony from the chaos and also would have honored another inductee. I personally think either Yes or the Spinners just missed as a result. It is possible that either of those may have been inducted with he ones that went in. Yes may have just missed because of all the other Classic Rock like Deep Purple and Chicago. Perhaps that is why they cut it down to 5.

I am focusing on Nominees right Now. I do agree that Pearl Jam is a shoe in. I think acts like J Geils Band, Judas Priest, The Meters,Todd Rundgren, The Spinners and the Zombies will be nominated this year. I do of course think the Moody Blues will finally get a chance. Lets start with a nomination.
Monday, 08.22.16 @ 09:08am

About Revisited Projected Rankings, Darren wrote:
  My Replacement Nominations:

Bad Brains - Bad Brains (1982)
Def Leppard - Pyromania (1983)
Eurythmics - Touch (1984)
Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five - The Message (1982)
Jane's Addiction - Nothing's Shocking (1988)
Megadeth - Peace Sells... But Who's Buying? (1986)
Minutemen - Double Nickels on the Dime (1984)
Phil Collins - No Jacket Required (1985)
The B-52's - Cosmic Thing (1989)
The Cure - Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss Me (1987)
The Pogues - If I Should Fall From Grace With God (1988)
Tom Waits - Rain Dogs (1985)

For Your Consideration:

Violent Femmes - Violent Femmes (1983)
Pixies - Surfer Rosa (1988)
The Replacements - Tim (1985)
Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense (1984)
George Michael - Faith (1987)
ZZ Top - Eliminator (1983)
Metallica - Ride the Lightning (1984)
Madonna - Like A Virgin (1984)
Talking Heads - Speaking in Tongues (1983)
John Mellencamp - Scarecrow (1985)
The Stone Roses - The Stone Roses (1989)
Tears For Fears - Songs From The Big Chair (1985)
Hüsker Dü - New Day Rising (1985)
John Lennon & Yoko Ono - Double Fantasy (1980)
Devo - Freedom Of Choice (1980)
Bonnie Raitt - Nick of Time (1989)
Black Flag - Damaged (1981)
R.E.M. - Green (1988)
The Pretenders - Pretenders (1980)
Madonna - Like A Prayer (1989)
Monday, 08.22.16 @ 01:12am
Leave your own comment about Revisited Projected Rankings here.

About The Song Project, joker wrote:
  Albert Collins - Brick (1980)
Ben Harper with Charlie Musselwhite - I Ride at Dawn (2013)
Beth Hart - Might as Well Smile (2015)
Buddy Guy - Damn Right, I've Got the Blues (1991)
Canned Heat - On the Road Again (1968)
Gary Clark Jr. - Bright Lights (2012)
Howlin' Wolf - Killing Floor (1964)
Jimmy Reed - Bright Lights, Big City (1961)
John Lee Hooker- One Bourdon, One Scotch, One Beer (1966)
Sonny Boy Williamson II - Help Me (1963)
Steppenwolf - The Pusher (1968)
The Move - Brontosaurus (1970)

Change the World (1996)
Let It Grow (1974)
Let it Rain (1970)
Motherless Children (1974)
Sunday, 08.21.16 @ 23:12pm
Leave your own comment about The Song Project here.

About The Song Project, Dave wrote:
  Albert King - Blues Power (1968)
Bonnie Raitt - The Road’s My Middle Name (1989)
Buddy Guy - Damn Right, I've Got the Blues (1991)
Canned Heat - On the Road Again (1968)
Foghat - I Just Want to Make Love to You (1972)
Freddie King - Hideaway (1961)
Howlin' Wolf - Killing Floor (1964)
Jimmy Reed - Bright Lights, Big City (1961)
John Lee Hooker - One Bourdon, One Scotch, One Beer (1966)
The Allman Brothers Band - Ain’t Wastin’ Time No More (1972)
The J. Geils Band - Whammer Jammer (1971)
The Paul Butterfield Blues Band - Mellow Down Easy (1965)

Blues Power (1970)
Mainline Florida (1974)
Motherless Children (1974)
Promises (1978)
The Core (1977)
Sunday, 08.21.16 @ 21:59pm
Leave your own comment about The Song Project here.

About Revisited Projected Rankings, Mike wrote:
  Bauhaus - Mask (1981)
Bonnie Raitt - Nick of Time (1989)
Genesis - Invisible Touch (1986)
Peter Gabriel - Gabriel (III) (Melt) (1980)
Phil Collins - No Jacket Required (1985)
The B-52's - Cosmic Thing (1989)
The Jesus & Mary Chain - Psychocandy (1985)
The Police - Zenyatta Mondatta (1980)
Sunday, 08.21.16 @ 20:30pm
Leave your own comment about Revisited Projected Rankings here.

About The Moody Blues, Sue wrote:
  Sorry Rick, My memory sometimes plays a trick on me as I enter middle age...
Yes you are correct Bev was not in the "Electric String Band" he was however in the band the "Move" Several chaps from this band joined Jeff to form ELO. The Moody Blues connection is the manager named Tony Secunda...He was for a time the manager of the Moody Blues and The Move. I would think that would create some influence. Also Denny I am sure, stayed in touch with Mike,Ray,Graeme, Justin and John and with Bev as they were all playing gigs in the mid sixties around the club scene. All I am saying is that when a band has been together for over 50 years and still selling out shows and have 18 platinum and gold records with over 70 million sales perhaps the RRHOF committee needs to consider them for a nomination before groups like RunDMC?
Sunday, 08.21.16 @ 18:56pm
Leave your own comment about The Moody Blues here.

About The Song Project, Gass3268 wrote:
  Albert King - Blues Power (1968)
Bobby "Blue" Bland - Ain't Nothing You Can Do (1964)
Bonnie Raitt - Love Me Like a Man (1972)
Bonnie Raitt - The Road’s My Middle Name (1989)
Buddy Guy - Damn Right, I've Got the Blues (1991)
Canned Heat - On the Road Again (1968)
Gary Clark Jr. - Bright Lights (2012)
Howlin' Wolf - Killing Floor (1964)
Jimmy Reed - Bright Lights, Big City (1961)
John Lee Hooker - One Bourdon, One Scotch, One Beer (1966)
The Allman Brothers Band - Ain’t Wastin’ Time No More (1972)
The Paul Butterfield Blues Band - Mellow Down Easy (1965)

Blues Power (1970)
Change the World (1996)
Let It Grow (1974)
Let it Rain
Sunday, 08.21.16 @ 18:46pm
Leave your own comment about The Song Project here.

About Sublime, Mike wrote:
  They better be inducted.
Sunday, 08.21.16 @ 16:52pm
Leave your own comment about Sublime here.

About The Song Project, Steve Z wrote:
  My Ballot:

Ben Harper with Charlie Musselwhite - I Ride at Dawn (2013)
Bonnie Raitt - Love Me Like a Man (1972)
Buddy Guy - Mary Had a Little Lamb (1968)
Canned Heat - On the Road Again (1968)
Freddie King - Hideaway (1961)
Howlin' Wolf - Killing Floor (1964)
Jimmy Reed - Bright Lights, Big City (1961)
Lonnie Mack - Wham! (1964)
Sonny Boy Williamson II - Help Me (1963)
Ten Years After - I'm Going Home (1968)
The J. Geils Band - Whammer Jammer (1971)
The Paul Butterfield Blues Band - Mellow Down Easy (1965)

Artist Vote (Eric Clapton):

Blues Power (1970)
Forever Man (1985)
Hello Old Friend (1976)
I Can't Stand It (1981)
Let it Rain (1970)
Sunday, 08.21.16 @ 14:31pm
Leave your own comment about The Song Project here.

About the 2017 Nomination Predictions, Rick Vendl II wrote:
  Perhaps no members of ELO "Stated" in an interview that they were influenced by the Moodies. However see my post about the beginning of the band ELO. Bev Bevan was in a band with Denny Laine who was an original member of the Moodies and Bev joined Jeff,Roy and Trever Burton to form ELO. Denny had a band called The Electric String Band with BEV. I can connect the dots just by listening to "El Dorado"
Do not misunderstand I am a big fan of ELO but the Moodies were together almost a decade before them and dare I say they have paid their dues longer by an almost a 35 year RRHOF snubb. I would love to see the Moody Blues, Jethro Tull,Yes and ELO all inducted together! What a jam that would be...better than ABBA..LOL :)

Posted by Sue on Sunday, 08.21.16 @ 12:56pm

Hi Sue,

First, both being members of the same band that was actually "Denny Laine and the Diplomats" does not mean anything, second Bev Bevan wasn't in "Electric String Band", third Denny Laine left just after Justin Hayward had replaced him before The Moodies even came up with "Days of Future Passed", The Moody Blues have been snubs for 27 years since 1990 and ELO, 20 years, 1997! 8-)
Sunday, 08.21.16 @ 14:08pm

About The Moody Blues, Rick Vendl II wrote:
  ELO was founded by Jeff Lynn,Roy Wood,Trevor Burton and Bev Bevan. Bev was in a band with Denny Lain who was an original member of the Moody Blues!

Posted by Sue on Sunday, 08.21.16 @ 13:02pm

First, both being members of the same band that was actually "Denny Laine and the Diplomats" does not mean anything, second Bev Bevan wasn't in "Electric String Band", third Denny Laine left just after Justin Hayward had replaced him before The Moodies even came up with "Days of Future Passed"! 8-)
Sunday, 08.21.16 @ 14:08pm
Leave your own comment about The Moody Blues here.

About Electric Light Orchestra, Rick Vendl II wrote:
  Electric Light Orchestra songs"
There are 70 pages in this section of this category.

10538 Overture
A
All Over the World (song)
B
Beatles Forever
Big Wheels
Boy Blue (Electric Light Orchestra song)
C
Calling America
Can't Get It Out of My Head
Confusion (Electric Light Orchestra song)
D
Day Tripper
The Diary of Horace Wimp
Do Ya
Don't Bring Me Down
Don't Walk Away (Electric Light Orchestra song)
E
Eldorado (song)
Eldorado Finale
Eldorado Overture
Evil Woman (Electric Light Orchestra song)
F
Fire On High
First Movement (Jumping Biz)
Four Little Diamonds
G
Getting to the Point
Grieg's Piano Concerto In A Minor
H
Here Is the News
H cont.
Hold on Tight
I
I'm Alive (Electric Light Orchestra song)
Illusions in G Major
In Old England Town (Boogie No 2)
In the Hall of the Mountain King
It's Over (Electric Light Orchestra song)
L
Last Train to London
Latitude 88 North
Livin' Thing
M
Ma-Ma-Ma Belle
Mama (Electric Light Orchestra song)
Mission (A World Record)
Roll Over Beethoven
S
Secret Messages (song)
S cont.
Shangri-La (1976 song)
Shine a Little Love
Showdown (Electric Light Orchestra song)
So Fine (Electric Light Orchestra song)
So Serious (song)
Standin' in the Rain
Starlight (Electric Light Orchestra song)
Strange Magic
Stranger (Electric Light Orchestra song)
Summer and Lightning
Surrender (Electric Light Orchestra song)
Sweet Talkin' Woman
T
Take Me On and On
Telephone Line (Electric Light Orchestra song)
The ELO EP
Tightrope (Electric Light Orchestra song)
Turn to Stone
Twilight (Electric Light Orchestra song)
W
The Way Life's Meant to Be
The Whale (ELO song)
Wild West Hero
X
Xanadu (Electric Light Orchestra and Olivia Newton-John song)
Xanadu (new version)

After All
All She Wanted
Alright
Another Heart Breaks

B

Baby, I Apologize
The Battle of Marston Moor (July 2nd, 1644)
Believe Me Now

Endless Lies
Epilogue
Everyone's Born to Die

F

The Fall
From the End of the World
From the Sun to the World (Boogie No. 2)

G

Look at Me Now
Loser Gone Wild
Love Changes All
Lucky Motel

M

Mandalay
Manhattan Rumble (49th Street Massacre)
Melting in the Sun

Who's That?
Wishing
Without Someone

Y

Yours Truly, 2095
Sunday, 08.21.16 @ 13:38pm
Leave your own comment about Electric Light Orchestra here.

About The Song Project, Donnie wrote:
  Genre Vote 2 Ballot (Blues/Blues Rock)

Albert Collins - Brick (1980)
Albert King - Blues Power (1968)
Buddy Guy - Damn Right, I've Got the Blues (1991)
Canned Heat - On the Road Again (1968)
Foghat - I Just Want to Make Love to You (1972)
Freddie King - Hideaway (1961)
Howlin' Wolf - Killing Floor (1964)
Jimmy Reed - Bright Lights, Big City (1961)
John Lee Hooker - One Bourdon, One Scotch, One Beer (1966)

Slim Harpo - Shake Your Hips (1966)
Steppenwolf - The Pusher (1968)
Ten Years After - I'm Going Home (1968)

Artist Vote Ballot (Eric Clapton solo career)

Forever Man (1985)
I Can't Stand It (1981)
It's In the Way That You Use It (1986)
Let it Rain (1970)
My Father's Eyes (1998)

I ultimately had to cut it, because the other songs were just more important to Clapton's career, but a special shout-out to whomever it was that nominated "Mainline Florida." Awesome, awesome track. But the ballot was too stacked and I had to cut it.

Sunday, 08.21.16 @ 13:14pm
Leave your own comment about The Song Project here.

About The Moody Blues, Sue wrote:
Sunday, 08.21.16 @ 13:02pm
Leave your own comment about The Moody Blues here.

About the 2017 Nomination Predictions, Sue wrote:
  Hello Rick,
Sunday, 08.21.16 @ 12:56pm

About The Moody Blues, Enigmaticus wrote:
  Thank you to Ben, KING, sue, Michelle, DarinRG, The Foss, The Bog, Wayne and numerous others for your support of The a Moody Blues.

The fact that The Moody Blues are not yet in the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame is almost incomprehensible. A series of happy accidents had occurred which had led to the creation of "progressive rock" as a genre, over 49 years ago. Justin Hayward had joined The Moody Blues, due to Mike Pinder picking his name, almost at random. Mike had taken Justin's great folk songs and had given them new life with his mastery of the Mellotron. Decca had wanted a demonstration album, in order to introduce "Deramic Sound," actually "stereo" to their representatives. Decca had wanted a "pop group" to play Dvorak's New World Symphony. The Moody Blues had already created a "stage show" which had fit in the time allotted. Peter Knight and The London Festival Orchestra had orchestrated those songs separately. The result was the phenomenal, "Days Of Future Passed."

Meanwhile, in San Francisco, former model Grace Slick, had left her previous band, The Great Society, in order to join a band of great and influential musicians called Jefferson Airplane. She had brought two songs with her: 'White Rabbit,' (her own composition) and her brother in laws' composition 'Somebody To Love.' This led to the release of "Surrealistic Pillow." On Jefferson Airplane's next album, "After Bathing At Baxters," Grace would write a song called 'Rejoyce.'

To two young teenagers in the Toronto suburb of Willowdale, hearing those landmark albums must have had quite an impact. In addition to bands such as the Jimi Hendrix Experience, The Yardbirds and Cream, the music of The Moody Blues and Jefferson Airplane must have had a lasting effect. Those two teenagers were Alex Lifeson and Geddy Lee, of Rush. Geddy had joined his friend in Rush 48 years ago. The members of Rush had an ambition, to become the 'world's smallest symphony orchestra,' they had just needed a greater drummer, in order to help them to pull it off. After their "Led Zeppelin obsession" had finally worn off, Rush had released "2112" and had started to become a major "progressive rock" band and they have stayed that way for nearly 40 years.

Jefferson Airplane was enshrined within the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame in 1996. Rush was finally inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame in 2013, shouldn't The Moody Blues, the co-founders of "progressive rock" be next?
Sunday, 08.21.16 @ 12:46pm
Leave your own comment about The Moody Blues here.

About the 2017 Nomination Predictions, Joe wrote:
  Now that I've more carefully read the above, I want a few more!

The Runaways: I was really surprised that Joan Jett & the Blackhearts made it before them. The runaways arguably opened the door for the (forgive the somewhat derogatory term) "girl groups"; the Blackhearts had one iconic song (that Joan Jett didn't even write).

Tina Turner: I long thought that Stevie Nicks should and would be the first female double nominee; now that a few mentioned Tina's solo work, I've changed my mind. The only problem would be getting her to perform; I understand that she renounced her American citizenship and would probably be reluctant to return to the States for a performance.

Kraftwerk: Where would electronic music be without them?

The Zombies and Warren Zevon: Two more interesting acts that have been overlooked. Zevon may be a sentimental favorite, as many deceased acts are.

Link Wray: An overlooked guitar hero--quite possibly the very first.
Sunday, 08.21.16 @ 12:32pm

About the 2017 Nomination Predictions, Rick Vendl II wrote:
  Sue wrote:

I have enjoyed reading all the comments here and the wonderful lists of so many talented artists! I am a hard core Moody Blues fan and I have to add my opinion. I could write so much about this band however I will limit this comment to a short history of how IMPORTANT the Moodies actually influenced ONE of the bands mentioned: ELO
Denny Laine from Birmingham was an original member of the Moody Blues. Before this he was in a group called Denny Laine and the Diplomats. The drummer was Bev Bevan who had been in a group called the "Move". After Denny left the Moodies and before he joined with Paul,Linda and Wings (The Moodies toured with the Beatles for a short time) he had a group called "Electric String band" Later Bev and another member from the "Move" Roy Wood joined with Jeff Lynne to form ELO. I want everyone here to listen to El Dorado by ELO from 1974 almost ten years AFTER "Days of future Passed" was released and tell me that it in NOT POSSIBLE that the Moodies did not influence ELO.. Therefor the Moodies need to be inducted FIRST!

Posted by Sue on Saturday, 08.20.16 @ 23:20pm

I'm so sorry Sue, but this system doesn't exactly work that way, take it from me I know full well, then also, no member of ELO has ever come out in an interview or otherwise to state they were influenced by The Moody Blues, it's just not there. 8-)

Sunday, 08.21.16 @ 12:31pm

About The Moody Blues, Rick Vendl II wrote:
  Sue wrote:

and especially ELO have all stated that the Moodies were an influence that the committee has snubbed them for over 35 years.

Posted by Sue on Saturday, 08.20.16 @ 22:46pm

I'm so sorry Sue, buy no member from ELO has ever come out in an interview or otherwise to state that they were influenced by The Moody Blues! 8-)
Sunday, 08.21.16 @ 12:30pm
Leave your own comment about The Moody Blues here.

About Jessica Simpson, Roy wrote:
  Mandy Moore isn't here yet.
Sunday, 08.21.16 @ 12:26pm
Leave your own comment about Jessica Simpson here.

About The Moody Blues, Enigmaticus wrote:
  The Moody Blues, are not just another British Invasion band, but in my honest opinion, the co-founders, along with Jefferson Airplane and Procol Harum of the " art rock" and "progressive rock" genres.

Perhaps it is just my opinion, but I am able to immediately draw a connecting line from most of Rush's mellower songs, of which there are a plethora, e.g. 'Tears' from "2112," 'Different Strings' from "Permanent Waves," 'Losing It,' from "Signals," 'Grand Designs' from "Power Windows," 'Second Nature,' from "Hold Your Fire," 'Presto,' and 'Anagram (for Mongo)' and 'Available Light' from "Presto," 'Bravado,' 'Roll The Bones,' and 'Heresy' and 'Ghost Of A Chance' from "Roll The Bones," "Nobody's Hero' from "Counterparts," 'Faithless,' from "Snakes & Arrows' and 'The Wreckers,' 'Halo Effect' and 'The Garden' from "Clockwork Angels," to name but a few to the 7-core Moody Blues' albums.

One may perhaps, if so inclined, also perhaps find a
connection even to Duran Duran's greatest songs, such as:
'What Happens Tomorrow,' 'Ordinary World,' 'What Are The Chances?' et cetera to The Moody Blues earlier works, as well.

Those are but two examples of great bands that perhaps owe some of their sound to the Moody Blues experimentation; I am sure that there are numerous others.

The point is that The Moody Blues have deserved induction for far too long of a time. Members of Heart and Rush have called for The Moody Blues Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame induction, as well.

With Mike Pinder's use of the Mellotron to simulate a symphonic orchestral sound, the great ethereal lyrics by Justin Hayward, Ray Thomas, Mike Pinder and John Lodge, the poetry of Graeme Edge and numerous other elements, The Moody Blues had forged a sound which has influenced countless generations, their absence from the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame is nothing but a travesty. Hopefully, this injustice will be rectified soon.

Sunday, 08.21.16 @ 12:22pm
Leave your own comment about The Moody Blues here.

About Backstreet Boys, Roy wrote:
  Lou Pearlman dies!
Sunday, 08.21.16 @ 12:11pm
Leave your own comment about Backstreet Boys here.

About Nsync, Roy wrote:
  Lou Pearlman dies!
Sunday, 08.21.16 @ 12:11pm
Leave your own comment about Nsync here.