Cast your 2018 ballot here!

Vote for the FIVE nominees you believe will be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2018:
Eurythmics
Judas Priest
The Cars
The Moody Blues
Nina Simone
Rufus featuring Chaka Khan
Depeche Mode
Please vote for exactly five nominees.

Latest Comments

If you're looking for the latest comments and voting for the Song Project, Album Project and Revisited Projected Rankings, check out the Project Comments page.

About Rock Hall Projected, Steve Z wrote:

Wendy Carlos
Glenn Miller

Sidemen:

Martha Wash
“Daddy” Gene Barge
Monday, 10.16.17 @ 23:32pm
Leave your own comment about Rock Hall Projected here.

About the 2018 Nominees, Sue wrote:
  King,

First I want to thank you for your positive comments on The Moody Blues.
I think there is a good possibility that Steve Winwood may do the honors for The Moody Blues.

Also after I gave it some thought, Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull may be a contender as well. Remember there has been strong pressure for the Hall to include Progressive Rock longstanding snubs. It will be a way for the acknowledgement that the Hall finally accepts the genre and it opens the door for Tull in 2018. Those of us who are long time fans of The Moody Blues are hoping on a reunion with Mike Pinder and Ray Thomas. Mike will probably be fit and ready to play. Ray has had major health problems. Hopefully he can come but may not be strong enough to take on the flute parts alone. The MB have a wonderful very talented artist in Norda Mullen who can handle the flute and other instruments just fine. However Ian is just as strong now on the flute as ever. He played with Justin several years ago and played fantastic on the flute solo in "Nights". I think he would make a great addition on stage. He will not be included on the vocals as his voice has struggled with age.

About Tom Petty,
Remember he and Stevie Nicks were very close, I am fortunate to have seen Tom P. live several times and once with Stevie. He introduced her as a honoree "Heartbreaker". I think she will be included perhaps with a duet partner doing "Stop dragging my heart around". This may set her up for a nomination soon.
A jam with major artists is likely. Tom and the HB usually finished the show with "American Girl". There are so many great songs difficult to choose what may happen. Personally I love "Running down a dream". It fits the RRHOF theme.
Monday, 10.16.17 @ 23:26pm

About the 2018 Nominees, Sue wrote:

Margie,

Thank you so very much for your wonderful words about my favorite band the Moody Blues! You are exactly correct in every aspect. I am also a longtime fan for over 45 years. Their positive influence on so many of us has had such a massive impact on our lives. Those of who really GET the Moodies have a deeper understanding and often a higher intelligence about this complex world in which we live.
You made my day...
Moody Blues Fans now need to work together and spread the word and Vote Every Day on the RRHOF web sight(fan vote) until December 05.
I read on an internet sight that there are several mostly Female Fan Clubs in the New Jersey area that got organized on social media and are getting the word out big time for Bon Jovi. I wonder how many e-mail accounts each one has? Interesting that here on FRL where you can only vote once per computer the Moodies are winning? The fan vote is VERY important but nevertheless a small part of the overall result. The RRHOF is political so anything is possible. I have read the "CRITERIA"(found on this sight) and The Moody Blues certainly qualify for the induction and for any major "Jams" during the show. After all they helped to develop the electric drum kit, early synth sound, using classical musical instruments in rock, quad stereo and the concept album among their many contributions. This year is the 50th anniversary of the release of the landmark lp "Days of future passed". They toured this summer by performing the total lp and many of the greatest hits. They have toured nonstop for many years "in a row". The last several years Justin and John are also doing successful solo shows and have new material on lp releases as well. Also let us not forget they helped to create a whole new genre of rock with Progressive.
The list is long with many worthy artists and bands on the nominee list this year so I am sure it will be a good show. With The Moody Blues it will be a great show! Just think how wonderful it will be for HALL to have the thousands of us from so many walks of life and generations to visit The Moody Blues exhibit finally...
Thank you again to you and ALL The Moody Blues fans here. Please keep posting comments on FRL and social media to keep the motivation going..it certainly will not hurt the cause!
Monday, 10.16.17 @ 22:07pm

About the 2018 Nominees, Classic Rock wrote:
  Just to point out how random and arbitrary the selections for the RNRHOF are each year,this is an alternative list of artists that could have made an equally plausible list of nominees this year without using any artist that was nominated:

Nine Inch Nails
War
Harry Nillson

Monday, 10.16.17 @ 21:58pm

About The Moody Blues, Sue wrote:
  Margie,

You made my day...
I read on an internet sight that there are several mostly Female Fan Clubs in the New Jersey area that got organized on social media and are getting the word out big time for Bon Jovi. I wonder how many e-mail accounts each one has? Interesting that here on FRL where you can only vote once per computer the Moodies are winning? The fan vote is VERY important but nevertheless a small part of the overall result. The RRHOF is political so anything is possible. I have read the "CRITERIA"(found on this sight) and The Moody Blues certainly qualify for the induction and for any major "Jams" during the show. After all they helped to develop the electric drum kit, early synth sound, using classical musical instruments in rock, quad stereo and the concept album among their many contributions. This year is the 50th anniversary of the release of the landmark lp "Days of future passed". They toured this summer by performing the total lp and many of the greatest hits. They have toured nonstop for many years in a row. The last several years Justin and John are also doing successful solo shows and have new material on lp releases as well. Also let us not forget they helped to create a whole new genre of rock with Progressive.

Monday, 10.16.17 @ 21:52pm
Leave your own comment about The Moody Blues here.

About the 2018 Nominees, richie wrote:
  Jason,
the reason why I think there will be 8 inductees plus Sister Rosetta as an Early Influence this year is because I just don`t think they will do Non-Performer or Musical Excellence this year they did Non-Performer in 2016 and Musical Excellence last year so I think that they will skip both this year and will just do Early Influence this year
Monday, 10.16.17 @ 21:50pm

About the 2018 Nominees, Jason Voigt wrote:
  Yo Richie,

Think you've made it perfectly clear your thoughts for next Spring. Its very realistic. We shall find out during the holiday season what happens. I do have to question something and that's your argument about why they will have 8 inductees.

Yes, this is the second year in a row where there are 19 nominees. Last year the Hall were able to induct 6 performers and one Musical Excellence person. They could add one more. Three of the solo artists on the ballot are deceased (Link Wray, Nina Simone and Sister Rosetta Tharpe). These same three could easily get a back-door nomination, like Early Influence or something. If any or all of these three get inducted next year, that could save time in the ceremony - which would be good for whoever is broadcasting it. I don't know who would accept the award on their behalf, perhaps their descendants. The one thing I do question is I'm not sure what Cleveland has to do with having more inductees as usual. Maybe I missed something
Monday, 10.16.17 @ 20:57pm

About the 2018 Nominees, richie wrote:
  I really think the Hall will surprise us all and go with 8 inductees this year
here`s my Predictions if they go with 8 inductees this year
Bon Jovi
The Cars
Dire Straits
The Eurythmics
LL Cool J
The Moody Blues
Radiohead
Nina Simone
Early Influence
Sister Rosetta Tharpe
the reason why I really think there will be 8 Performer inductees plus Sister Rosetta as an Early Influence this year is because of two things
1 we once again got a big ballot this year with 19 nominees again and it`s in Cleveland this year
2 they did Non-Performer in 2016 and Musical Excellence last year so I think that they will skip both this year and will just do Early Influence this year making it a total of 8 Performer inductees plus 1 backdoor induction this year making it the biggest inductee class in years
Monday, 10.16.17 @ 18:20pm

About The Moody Blues, Margie wrote:
  Thank God the Moody Blues are finally being recognized for the giants of Rock & Roll they are. They created "progressive rock" & have some of the most beautiful & lasting music ever created! They have been my favorite band since 1967, when Justin & the boys made "Nights In White Satin"! They are genuine, caring & humble individuals! Their music transcends every day life & its problems & gives you hope! I have seen them in person many times. They are always totally sold out, & people of all ages come to be a part of their concert events, which just "take you away"! They should have been in the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame at least 30 yrs. ago! But now the committee has "finally seen the light"! we all love them for the beauty they have brought into our lives, & know this is the year, finally for their recognition!
Monday, 10.16.17 @ 17:23pm
Leave your own comment about The Moody Blues here.

About the 2018 Nominees, richie wrote:
  Jason,
the reason why I really think the Hall will surprise us all and go with 8 inductees plus Sister Rosetta as an Early Influence this year is because of two things
1 we once again got a big ballot this year with 19 nominees and it`s in Cleveland this year
Monday, 10.16.17 @ 13:43pm

The Moody Blues
Radiohead
Nina Simone
Early Influence
Sister Rosetta Tharpe
making it a total of 8 Performer inductees plus 1 backdoor induction this year
I really think those 8 artists I mentioned (Bon Jovi The Cars Dire Straits The Eurythmics LL Cool J The Moody Blues Radiohead and Nina Simone) plus Sister Rosetta as an Early Influence will be inducted this year making it the biggest inductee class in years
Monday, 10.16.17 @ 13:39pm

About the 2018 Nominees, Roy wrote:
  What's the connection between Steve Winwood and the Moody Blues?
Monday, 10.16.17 @ 13:20pm

About the 2018 Nominees, Jason Voigt wrote:
  King, you're exactly right. Steve Winwood should induct the Moodys. It would indeed get him back on the ballot, solo-wise.

I'm wondering who would induct Nina Simone. Let's face it, early influence or not, I am certain she'll finally get in this time. She's influenced so many from different genres, it would be a challenge to figure out who would induct her. A legend like Elton John (who named one of his pianos after her?)? A current artist like Lana Del Ray? Superstar R&B acts such as Alicia Keys and/or John Legend? Or an activist like Bono? Can't wait to see what it narrows down to.
Monday, 10.16.17 @ 13:07pm

Early Influence
Sister Rosetta Tharpe
making it a total of 8 Performer inductees plus 1 backdoor induction
Monday, 10.16.17 @ 12:29pm

About the 2018 Nominees, richie wrote:
  Kyle,
I think RATM`s career though influential was way too short and besides we got two first-ballot inductees last year with Pearl Jam and Tupac and I just don`t see it happening again this year and Radiohead and RATM I think the next time we`ll get two first-ballot inductees in one year will be the year when Foo Fighters and Jay-Z become Eligble
I really think they`ll surprise us all and go with 8 inductees this year
Early Influence
Sister Rosetta Tharpe
making it a total of 8 Performer inductees plus 1 backdoor induction this year
Monday, 10.16.17 @ 12:18pm

About the 2018 Nominees, richie wrote:
  Kyle,
I just don`t see RATM as a first ballot inductee RATM I think they`re more like NIN I think it`ll take them a couple of tries to get in I think The Cars and The Moody Blues are far more likely than RATM I agree with Bon Jovi Dire Straits The Eurythmics LL Cool J Radiohead and Nina Simone though I really think they will surprise us all and go with 8 Performer inductees this year plus I think Sister Rosetta Tharpe will get in as an Early Influence
Monday, 10.16.17 @ 12:04pm

About the 2018 Nominees, Ben wrote:
  richie,

I didn't think of that either. The Tom Petty death. Although I expected a Chuck Berry tribute at the end early this year. It was at the beginning. So who knows. It will probably be a closing jam. We are a bit ahead of ourselves. Lets find out the actual inductees in Dec. So we know who will play for sure.
Monday, 10.16.17 @ 11:35am

About the 2018 Nominees, Kyle wrote:
  After taking a closer look at the nominees and predicting the top picks for artist, committee, fan, and music critic votes. Here is my final prediction for 2018

1. Radiohead: they will get a lot of votes from music writers, critics, and committee members.

2. Eurythmics: will get alit if votes from females artist and other peers

3. Dire Straits: will get a lot of votes from their peers,especially artist like Eric Clapton, Phil Collins, and Tina Turner.

4. LL Cool J: he will get a lot of support from Africian American artist and Rap artist

5. Rage Against The Machine: will get support from artist like Bruce Springsteen, Eddie Vedder, The Clash, Patti Smith, U2 and others

6. Bon Jovi: they will win the fan vote and the hall of fame will want to keep fans happy.

Early Influence

Nina Simone: she was eligible since before 1986 which qualifies her in this category. She will get a lot of votes, but I can see the hall of fame placing her as a early influence in favor of the final spot to Bon Jovi. Again, hall of fame will want to keep fans happy.

2019 picks

1. Dave Matthews Band
2. Janet Jackson
3. Moody Blues
4. Nine Inch Nails
5. Soundgarden
6. The Cars
Monday, 10.16.17 @ 11:22am

About the 2018 Nominees, richie wrote:
  Ben,
one song I could see it being the Jam session is I Won`t Back Down by the late Tom Petty I could totally see that song being the Jam session this year as a tribute to him
Monday, 10.16.17 @ 11:18am

About the 2018 Nominees, Ben wrote:
  The_Claw,

Yes. There is Bon Jovi. Ahhh right Bon Jovi. I changing my mind. Bon Jovi is indeed the most popular act on the ballot. I think they will be selected and that they will headline. It would NOT be the Moody Blues. I was wrong. Last year Yes was my fav. This year the Moodys are. This certainly doesnt mean that they will headline. I got carried away. I like Bon Jovi. I own his Gr. Hits and once owned Slippery When Wet. I am NOT a huge fan but I like him. I am just pointing out that I am not opposed to Bon Jovi headlining. Livin on A Prayer would also make a good jam. We will discuss this more after the inductees are announced.
Monday, 10.16.17 @ 07:07am

About Rock Hall Projected, Darrin A wrote:
  7 votes for Performers:

Gang of Four
Amy Winehouse
Ringo Starr
The Faces/The Small Faces
Percy Sledge
George Michael
Sweet

Monday, 10.16.17 @ 04:49am
Leave your own comment about Rock Hall Projected here.

About the 2018 Nominees, KING wrote:
   I think Steve Winwood will induct Moody Blues. This would grease the wheels for a 2nd Steve Winwood induction. Can't envision a scenario where Moody Blues is squeezed out. They will receive votes from all over the place. 60's groups, 70's groups,the Prog contingency,rock groups. LL Cool J is very intriguing. N.W.A. Public Enemy and some rap groups have been inducted recently. Should pick up some votes. He's a big star in music and TV. Will help his cause. However, Janet Jackson with her fans and popularity couldn't get enough votes for induction. I think Moody Blues and Radiohead will make it through. Hoping Judas Priest can capture enough votes for induction. They have earned it. KING
Monday, 10.16.17 @ 01:58am

About The Moody Blues, Follower wrote:
  Conspiracy Theory Time: Bon Jovi was nominated because the Hall knew that they would defeat The Moody Blues, as the winner of the fan poll always gets in.
Sunday, 10.15.17 @ 22:42pm
Leave your own comment about The Moody Blues here.

About the 2018 Nominees, richie wrote:
  The_Claw,
I think that since they did Non-Performer in 2016 and Musical Excellence last year that they skip both this year and will just do Early Influence this year
Sunday, 10.15.17 @ 21:57pm

About the 2018 Nominees, The_Claw wrote:
  Ben, without a doubt Bon Jovi is the most popular act on the ballot and if they are selected, they'll be the headliner.
Sunday, 10.15.17 @ 20:30pm

About the 2018 Nominees, The_Claw wrote:
  richie, how do you know that the candidates for the Musical Excellence or Non-Performer categories are not worthy? Those candidates have never been revealed.
Sunday, 10.15.17 @ 20:27pm

About the 2018 Nominees, Ben wrote:
  Sue,

That was a great post. I think perhaps the Moody Blues would be the Headline act. Unlike Enig I did NOT expect Yes to headline last year. Like so many others I figured on Pearl Jam as the headline act.

Pearl Jam are now in. I predict Radiohead to be inducted but NOT to headline. They are Not as universally popular as a 90s act as Pearl Jam. Now the reason this is relevant is it leads us to the question of which act would be the headliner that closes. That act could easily be the Moody Blues. The jams could be Nights and Singer in a Rock n Roll band.
Sunday, 10.15.17 @ 20:19pm

About the 2018 Nominees, Jason Voigt wrote:
  I'm not the first to complain but it does strike me as odd that voters can only select 5 acts regardless of how many acts will be inducted. I really hope they surprise us.

Nice predictions by the way
Sunday, 10.15.17 @ 19:25pm

The Moody Blues
Radiohead
Nina Simone
Early Influence
Sister Rosetta Tharpe
making it a total of 8 Performer inductees plus 1 backdoor induction this year
2 I just don`t think there are any worthy candidates for the Musical Excellence or Non-Performer categories this year
Sunday, 10.15.17 @ 19:16pm

About the 2018 Nominees, Jason Voigt wrote:
  It will probably be around Thanksgiving/late November when I post my real predictions for the Class of 2018. I've narrowed it down to ten acts, and it gets difficult all the time. However, I'll be glad to share who I would vote for if I were one of the "cool, selected, lucky people to be able to vote":

The Moody Blues
Nina Simone
Bon Jovi
Eurythmics
The Cars

They are only allowed to pick 5, right? That would suck bigtime. My ballot is based strictly on personal taste, and I would have included Depeche Mode and Kate Bush in a heartbeat. But this is just playing favorites on my part. I'm wondering if this is how others are voting, that is with their hearts and who is the most deserving. I would also do an 'underdog' ballot, since I cheer on for those at the bottom of the barrel: The Meters, MC5 and the J. Geils Band.
Sunday, 10.15.17 @ 18:38pm

About the 2018 Nominees, Sue wrote:
  Enig and Ben,

I agree about the members of Rush and or Yes inducting the Moodies. I also believe Jeff Lynne and Bev Bevan of ELO would be good choices. Jeff is from Birmingham, England(Where the Moodies pretty much started from) Bev is friends with John Lodge. Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull played with Justin at a benefit several years ago and Tull also were with the Moody Blues at the Isle of Wight show in 1970.Two gentleman worthy but probably not going to come would be Phil Collins and Peter Gabriel of Genesis. One more from left field would be Howard Stern who is a big fan. Of course Ringo and Paul are a possibility.
There is no doubt a major tribute to the passing of Tom Petty will occur so several major artists will be on hand. Perhaps Dhani Harrison(George's son) who has joined in at a RRHOF jam before will play with Jeff Lynne, Bob Dylan and others for a Traveling Wilbury's song.
If Eurythmics,The Cars,Dire Straits and Bon Jovi all win along with The Moodies I think it will be one of the best jams ever especially if "Just a singer in a rock and roll band" is the song. Members of Radiohead and LL Cool J could also be in the mix so that would make things very interesting.
I would love to see The Moodies and Eurythmics do a song together. Annie Lennox has one the most amazing female vocals in rock music. Along with Justin and John something magical could happen. "Nights" would be perfect for this.

What songs and artist jams do the two of you or anyone here have for the 2018 show in April?

We must also remember the RRHOF is political and artists are inducted who have been out of the "buzz", while fan favorites are passed over sometimes for years...

Sunday, 10.15.17 @ 16:39pm

About the 2018 Nominees, Enigmaticus wrote:
  Ben,

Personally, I think that all three members of Rush would be delighted with the honor of inducting The Moody Blues into the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame.

As I have stated previously, “I have seen no greater influence on Rush’s overall discography than that of The Moody Blues.”
Sunday, 10.15.17 @ 15:51pm

About the 2018 Nominees, Enigmaticus wrote:
  Ben,

Personally, I think that all three members of Rush would be delighted with the honor of inductingThe Moody Blues into the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame.

Sunday, 10.15.17 @ 15:49pm

About the 2018 Nominees, Ben wrote:
  Enig,

I can answer that question. Rush seem to be soo likely. Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson have did so well inducting Yes but it could also be some members of Yes. I can easily picture Jon Anderson and Steve Howe as the presenters for the Moody Blues. Jeff Lynne is also kind of worthy. How about Carl Palmer as tbeir presenter. That woulr sort of be a homage to ELP in an indirect way but its NOT as likely. For that matter somebody like Alan Parsons can also do it. Tell me what you think.

Sunday, 10.15.17 @ 15:42pm

About The Moody Blues, Enigmaticus wrote:
  Yesterday was the prog father's 71st birthday. I certainly hope that his belated birthday present will include an induction into the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame.
Sunday, 10.15.17 @ 14:04pm
Leave your own comment about The Moody Blues here.

About Bon Jovi, Follower wrote:
  They're winning the fan poll. They're getting in.
Sunday, 10.15.17 @ 13:53pm
Leave your own comment about Bon Jovi here.

About Rock Hall Projected, Ray wrote:
  Agreed, made a note of them.
Sunday, 10.15.17 @ 13:48pm
Leave your own comment about Rock Hall Projected here.

About the 2018 Nominees, Enigmaticus wrote:
  As you are most probably very much aware, earlier this year, several of the past and present members of Yes had finally been inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame. Although Yes had been previously nominated twice before, their third nomination was the charm. Accordingly and perhaps quite appropriately, Yes had been inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame by previous inductees and prog icons, Alex Lifeson and Geddy Lee of Rush.

In 2018, The Moody Blues, who have long deserved this acknowledgement, will most probably receive their long overdue induction into the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame.
After all, The Moody Blues are essentially the godfathers of prog rock and art rock, probably the most critically derided genres of Rock & Roll.

Ultimately, the question then becomes, who do you think is worthy of inducting The Moody Blues into the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame?
Sunday, 10.15.17 @ 13:21pm

About The Moody Blues, Enigmaticus wrote:

Sunday, 10.15.17 @ 12:54pm
Leave your own comment about The Moody Blues here.