Latest Comments

If you're looking for the latest comments and voting for the Song Project, Album Project and Revisited Projected Rankings, check out the Project Comments page.

About The Zombies, Aaron O'Donnell wrote:
  RIP, Jim Rodford who was Rod Argent's cousin and played bass in both Argent and the reunited Zombies as well as The Kinks.
Sunday, 01.21.18 @ 00:36am
Leave your own comment about The Zombies here.

About The Kinks, Aaron O'Donnell wrote:
  RIP, Jim Rodford, who served as the Kinks bassist from 1978 to their breakup in 1996
Sunday, 01.21.18 @ 00:25am
Leave your own comment about The Kinks here.

About Argent, Aaron O'Donnell wrote:
  RiP, Jim Rodford
Sunday, 01.21.18 @ 00:17am
Leave your own comment about Argent here.

About Argent, Aaron O'Donnell wrote:
  RiP, Jim Rodford
Sunday, 01.21.18 @ 00:17am
Leave your own comment about Argent here.

About the 2018 Inductees, Sue wrote:
  I have really enjoyed the comments about who will induct the bands for the class of 2018. I am not sure about the other groups.
I am a hard core Moody Blues fan. Now that Denny Laine has been included I think Sir Paul McCartney may do the honors. Denny was a member of Wings from start to finish and the Beatles toured with The Moody Blues back in the early days. Other possible presenters may be Ian Anderson and/or members of ELO. Bev is friends with John Lodge and they are all from the same part of the UK and played the same clubs back in the day. There has to be a tribute to Tom Petty so Jeff Lynne will probably be there anyway. I am just not sure about Rush. Who knows? I mean Steve Miller posted that the RRHOF picked. I do not think Howard Stern will do two bands...but remember it is the RRHOF!
I was happy to see that the regulars here are doing well and I send wishes for a very Happy New Year to everyone and Happy Birthday Enig.
Sunday, 01.21.18 @ 00:02am

About the 2018 Inductees, Greg F wrote:
  Sting for Dire Straits
Rivers Cuomo for The Cars
Rush or Steve Wilson for The Moody Blues
Rhiannon Gibbins for Nina Simone
Little Richard for Sister Rosetta Tharpe
Saturday, 01.20.18 @ 20:22pm

About XTC, Enigmaticus wrote:
  In case you haven’t seen it, XTC’s documentary, “This Is Pop” is oftentimes actually quite hilarious. I would argue that not unlike XTC, Duran Duran and Rush have also become better with each successive album, as well. Yesterday, I had purchased a copy of “Nonsuch” and “Chips From The Chocolate Fireball: An Anthology” which had disappeared many years before. There is also a new version of “Black Sea” available, which I did not purchase yesterday, but may in the not too distant future. There is a rating of XTC’s work on the PROG Channel Of The teamrock website. Andy Partridge said that XTC had made gently exploratory pop music. What do you, think?

My favorite albums by XTC are “Skylarking,” “Oranges & Lemons” and “Chips From The Chocolate Fireball: An Anthology.” What’d you, think?
Saturday, 01.20.18 @ 19:44pm
Leave your own comment about XTC here.

About XTC, Enigmaticus wrote:
  In case you haven’t seen it, XTC’s documentary, “This Is Pop” is oftentimes actually quite hilarious. I would argue that not unlike XTC, Duran Duran and Rush have also become better with each successive album, as well. Yesterday, I had purchased a copy of “Nonsuch” and “Chips From The Chocolate Fireball: An Anthology” which had disappeared many years before. There is also a new version of “Black Sea” available, which I did not purchase yesterday, but may in the not too distant future. There is a rating of XTC’s work on the PROG Channel Of The teamrock website. Andy Partridge said that XTC had made gently exploratory pop. What do you, think?
Saturday, 01.20.18 @ 19:40pm
Leave your own comment about XTC here.

About the 2018 Inductees, Ben wrote:
  Enig,

I am fine these days. Thanks for asking. Ive been busy with work somewhat. I do a lot of Clerical work for my Elderly Dad who cant do that anymore. Its been slower with that lately. I like Blowing off steam
with this site. My time on this site parallels the help for my My Dad. Sooo anyway I am fine.

Soo Sting is a key choice for the Dire Straits that would work well. I mean sang with them on their biggest hit. Who can forget Sting singing I want my MTV. Duran Duran inducting the Cars makes sense. Im sure there other choices.
Saturday, 01.20.18 @ 17:18pm

About Judas Priest, Chris wrote:
  Judas Priest should have been inducted before Metallica.
Saturday, 01.20.18 @ 16:30pm
Leave your own comment about Judas Priest here.

About Rush, Enigmaticus wrote:
  A fortnight from now, I will begin my 57th orbit around the sun. As I approach my 56th Birthday, I have realized that Rush and Yes are my co-favorite bands. The Moody Blues, King Crimson and Duran Duran are only slightly behind the other two.

————— Rush———————————-Yes
————————-The Moody Blues—————
............................King Crimson..........................
——————————Duran Duran—————-

Or perhaps something like this:

The Moody Blues
. .
. .
. .
. .
. .
. Rush . . . . .Yes.
Saturday, 01.20.18 @ 14:56pm
Leave your own comment about Rush here.

About the 2018 Inductees, Enigmaticus wrote:
  Ben,

In my honest opinion, Sting should induct Dire Straits.

Rush should induct The Moody Blues

Duran Duran should induct The Cars.

By the way, how have you been doing lately?
Saturday, 01.20.18 @ 14:38pm

About the 2018 Inductees, Enigmaticus wrote:
  Ben,

In my honest opinion, Sting should induct Dire Straits.

Rush should induct The Moody Blues

Duran Duran should induct The Cars.

By the way, how have you been doing lately?
Saturday, 01.20.18 @ 14:37pm

About Rush, Enigmaticus wrote:
  A fortnight from now, I will start my 57th orbit around the sun. As I approach my 56th Birthday, I have realized that Rush and Yes are my co-favorite bands with The Moody Blues, King Crimson and Duran Duran slightly behind the other two;

Rush Yes

Procol Harum
Jefferson Airplane

Styx

Alan Parsons Project

Asia

Saturday, 01.20.18 @ 14:33pm
Leave your own comment about Rush here.

About the 2018 Inductees, Ben wrote:
  So we have speculated a lot about the presenter for the Moody Blues. Does anyone have thoughts on a presenter for the Dire Straits. I can think of a few. Eric Clapton is a great choice. Would John Mayer be possible? I can't think of others right now.
Saturday, 01.20.18 @ 14:04pm

About Sonny and Cher, JasmineT wrote:
  Was out last night and saw clips in a video bar of Sonny & Cher from one of those shows from 1964-1965 where the kids are all screaming. Cher was still a teen waaaaaaaaaaay back then and the clips were so nostalgic. You could see how Sonny & Cher were teen idols. Funny to think how Cher started her career as a teen.
Saturday, 01.20.18 @ 08:54am
Leave your own comment about Sonny and Cher here.

About Chicago, Roy wrote:
  Oprah Winfrey is from Chicago. Winfrey/Clinton 2020!
Friday, 01.19.18 @ 20:13pm
Leave your own comment about Chicago here.

About the Induction Criteria, Nicky Joe wrote:
  Of your choices, I'd go with Radiohead, Janet Jackson, Rage Against the Machine, Judas Priest and The Spinners
If 6 then King Crimson
If 7 then Depeche Mode
If 8 then Soundgarden
If 9 then Kate Bush

Friday, 01.19.18 @ 15:02pm
Leave your own comment about the Induction Criteria here.

About the Induction Criteria, Roy wrote:

16. Depeche Mode
17. Radiohead
18. Soundgarden
19. Nine Inch Nails
20. Rage Against The Machine
Friday, 01.19.18 @ 13:33pm
Leave your own comment about the Induction Criteria here.

About the 2018 Inductees, Ben wrote:
  It is a dumb idea and it just won't happen. There has never been a presenter for 2 acts in the Performer category. It has happened a whole bunch of times with special categories like Musical excellence.

Also I am sure Howard Stern would love to have inducted Alice Cooper and Cheap Trick. It did NOT happen. Certainly NOT with the Moody Blues. They are a Prog act and would want someone kinda similar to induct them or The Hall itself would choose someone appropriate. The Hall has missed the mark before but this one is too obvious. Bon Jovi makes some sense for Howard Stern. I believe they are friends.
Friday, 01.19.18 @ 13:16pm

About Rush, Roy wrote:
  Howard Stern doesn't like Rush.
Friday, 01.19.18 @ 10:06am
Leave your own comment about Rush here.

About King Crimson, Roy wrote:
  I think the Rock Hall will put Jethro Tull and King Crimson on the same ballot.
Friday, 01.19.18 @ 10:03am
Leave your own comment about King Crimson here.

About Jethro Tull, Roy wrote:
  I think the Rock Hall will put Jethro Tull and King Crimson on the same ballot.
Friday, 01.19.18 @ 10:00am
Leave your own comment about Jethro Tull here.

About XTC, Enigmaticus wrote:
  In case you haven’t seen it, XTC’s documentary, “This Is Pop” is oftentimes actually quite hilarious. I would argue that not unlike XTC, Duran Duran and Rush have also become better with each consecutive album, as well. Yesterday, I had purchased “Nonsuch” and “Chips From The Chocolate Fireball: An Anthology” which had disappeared many years before. There is also a new version of “Black Sea” available, which I did not purchase yesterday, but may in the not too distant future.
Friday, 01.19.18 @ 09:45am
Leave your own comment about XTC here.

About Jethro Tull, Ben wrote:
  I think Jethro Tull will be the next prog act inducted into the Rock Hall. I am now predicting them to be nominated in October. I will consider Duran Duran as well. Although we can say they are prog they are viewed more as a very popular act of the 80s. A bigger focus on the 80s would put them on the ballot. There is the Eurythmics to consider for a 2nd nomination. That may block out Duran Duran.
Friday, 01.19.18 @ 07:35am
Leave your own comment about Jethro Tull here.

About the Induction Criteria, Philip wrote:
Friday, 01.19.18 @ 01:07am
Leave your own comment about the Induction Criteria here.

About DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince, K wrote:
  Yes they do!!!! It is the responsibility of the hall of fame to tell the music history of the world accurately and truth fully. And these guys, just like a rapper by the name of Schoolly D in Philly; changed things in a major way. Nobody would scratch the way they do if it wasn' t 4 Jeff! He is the magnificent. They were the ultimate mc and dj duo. In fact, they were the 1' s who truly made it a thing on wax as a duo. A dj who wasn' t just doing lame cameos. Jeff made those turntables sing. He was Hendrix on turntables. And Will was a great story teller, could free style battle ( top of his head), he could switch up with street battle, funk and funny story rhymes. He was creative, while others front like they didn' t have personalities and were all hard. Will was fresh, not scared 2 take a chance and it worked! Will can rap! Try him and u will find out. Did u really listen 2 those early albums or are y' all just taking on others view points? People were stealing their sound after a while, even ur hardest rappers were biting them, because they had hits by just being them! Not some persona. Induct them and Schoolly D who was the 1st of the gangsta rhymers Psk. Tell the truth about music Hall of Fame, not just what' s popular. Tell the story properly.
Thursday, 01.18.18 @ 21:39pm
Leave your own comment about DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince here.

About the Induction Criteria, Roy wrote:
  Would it be a good idea to have one year where all the inductees are presented by the same person?
Thursday, 01.18.18 @ 15:22pm
Leave your own comment about the Induction Criteria here.

About the 2018 Inductees, Philip wrote:
  It's still a dumb idea. The only Performers they've done that with were the special committee add-ons. They're not gonna do it with the main course.
Thursday, 01.18.18 @ 15:04pm

About the 2018 Inductees, Paul in KY wrote:
  I'm sure Howard would like to give all induction speeches :-)
Thursday, 01.18.18 @ 15:00pm

About the 2018 Inductees, Roy wrote:
  Howard Stern said he wanted to give the induction speech for The Moody Blues too!
Thursday, 01.18.18 @ 13:30pm

About the 2018 Inductees, Philip wrote:
  There's a gnawing suspicion I have that Jon wanted Howard Stern to induct Bon Jovi so that he can have Howard, in typical Howard fashion, to spew all the vitriol at the Rock Hall establishment for overlooking Bon Jovi for so long, as well as similar acts, and then the band can go up and act all classy on stage, knowing that everything they REALLY wanted to say has already been said by the King Of Shock Jocks.

And having Howard induct the Moody Blues is an absolutely stupid idea. I don't even know how Roy even got the idea.
Thursday, 01.18.18 @ 11:46am

About Collective Soul, Beebs wrote:
  After listening to CS growing up and loving music I would say yes! Great shows live and a lot of great songs. How could one not rock to Shine and Precious Declaration. First albums with the original line-up were amazing. Great guitar work and amazing drum work, with unique vocals .. 7 number one hits, heavy (pun intended) rotation on MTV (does anyone remember when they played music) and won Dolly Parton a Grammy for Shine!
Thursday, 01.18.18 @ 08:58am
Leave your own comment about Collective Soul here.

About the 2018 Inductees, Ben wrote:
  So I did read that Howard Stern will induct Bon Jovi. That does make sense. I recall that Howard Stern had Bon Jovi on his show a couple time back in the 80s. It was either the whole band or Jon Bon Jovi.

However, it is a terrible idea to have Howard Stern induct 2 bands. It is reallyy out of place to have The Moody Blues inducted by Howard Stern. I totally agree with Enig on this. Prog needs to induct Prog. They deserve to be inducted by Rush or some other prog act. Ian Anderson and Steve Wilson are some other great choices. I know some tunes by Porcupine Tree.
Thursday, 01.18.18 @ 08:56am

About The Immortals, Roy wrote:
  Peter Asher, Smokey Robinson, Robbie Robertson, Carole King, Paul Shaffer, Keith Richards, Mike Leiber and Jerry Stoller, Seymour Stein presented for more than one inductee in the same year.

2014: Andrew Loog Oldham, Brian Epstein by Peter Asher

2012: Cosimo Matassa, Tom Dowd, Glyn Johns by Robbie Robertson

2012: The Blue Caps, The Comets, The Crickets, The Famous Flames, The Midnighters, The Miracles by Smokey Robinson

2010: Ellie Greenwich & Jeff Barry, Jesse Stone, Mort Shuman, Otis Blackwell by Carole King

2003: Benny Benjamin, Floyd Cramer, Steve Douglas by Paul Shaffer

2001: James Burton, Johnnie Johnson by Keith Richards

2000: Earl Palmer, Hal Blaine, James Jamerson, King Curtis, Scotty Moore by Mike Leiber and Jerry Stoller

1987: Hank Williams, Louis Jordan, T-Bone Walker by Seymour Stein
Thursday, 01.18.18 @ 06:16am
Leave your own comment about The Immortals here.

About the 2018 Inductees, Greg F wrote:
  Yeah I don't see Howard Stern inducting two bands anyway. Anybody that was influenced by The Moody Blues should do it like Rush. If not them how about either Alan Parsons, a member of Pink Floyd, Ian Anderson or Steven Wilson of Porcupine Tree?
Thursday, 01.18.18 @ 01:49am

About the 2018 Inductees, Enigmaticus wrote:
  Roy,

I am sorry, but having Howard Stern induct both bands is a really terrible idea, in my honest opinion. PROG needs to induct PROG, or so to speak. The Moody Blues deserve to be inducted by the members of Rush.
Thursday, 01.18.18 @ 01:31am

About Snubbed Members, Steve Z wrote:
  Roy, I think someone had mentioned that Williams, Sonni, and Lindes did not contribute much to Dire Straits' albums or were mostly replaced on the recordings. I'm not positive though.
Wednesday, 01.17.18 @ 20:57pm
Leave your own comment about Snubbed Members here.

About Snubbed Members, Roy wrote:
  I think the committee that chooses which members of a band to induct thought Nick Simper was dead. I think they confused him with Peter Banks of Yes. Peter Banks is dead and wasn't inducted either.
Wednesday, 01.17.18 @ 20:40pm
Leave your own comment about Snubbed Members here.

About Snubbed Members, Roy wrote:
  Dire Straits: Hal Lindes, Terry Williams, Jack Sonni
Wednesday, 01.17.18 @ 20:38pm
Leave your own comment about Snubbed Members here.