Latest Comments

If you're looking for the latest comments and voting for the Song Project, Album Project and Revisited Projected Rankings, check out the Project Comments page.

About the 2018 Inductees, Zuzu wrote:
  KXB

Naming women to be inducted does not mean you are sexist in your attitudes. It is what is said about artist that liked more by women. Example is the sexist tiramisu comment. So a testosterone diet of male only opinion is ok. Where is the yin yang?If you guys are not sexist then where is the balance of female opinions on here? It wasn't that way further back. What changed?

Look at my list and you will see that the Spinners are in the group. I personally think the push ahead policy is the problem. Think Kiss. the rest of your list did not get votes. By the way I was voting for NIN, It's going to take time before they get in - the others - I do not see it.

I did not call the Spinners garbage. I just knew they would not get the votes and were put on as a filler.

Kate Bush, Tori Amos and PJ Harvey all have the same problem - no root support or barely any with older artist. You need that to get the votes.

I've looked on line and Janet Jackson's fans don't care about her getting inducted. A bunch of family paid for publicity does not make her a worthy candidate, I do support TLC who I feel have enough r&r elements to qualify. They also set the blueprint for future r&b artist which JJ did not do and that is out of the mouth of Beyonce.

Chaka and Tina Turner yes Seriously Pat Benetar is one of the biggest complaints. Carole King is in as a writer and does not have enough for an artist as by the 70s her material is ac.

I wish they would hold off on Chaka and Rufus for a couple of years since getting some the artist that are from Chicago or spent time in Chicago would probably give them enough votes. That is if they held back on the push ahead policy.

Do you actually think you know enough about REO to make a judgement call? Based on the fact that their earlier material is missing from their song list on this site, I do not think so.

have you even listened to

Golden Country
Flying Turkey Trot
157 Riverside Ave
Ridin the Storm Out

If you do not know anything prior to the 80s how can you judge these artist

You do not think they can get the votes but I think they could.

All I ask islet them get nominated and let's see which of us their peers agree with.

Sunday, 02.18.18 @ 19:56pm

About the 2018 Inductees, Nicky Joe wrote:
  Zuzu

Not to mention, your OWN LOGIC can be used AGAINST YOU!

Styx, REO Speedwagon, The Guess Who, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, Grand Funk Railroad, Three Dog Night and Kansas (they're all completely unworthy by the way). None of them have a chance in Hell of induction so they're about as important as 2000 calories of tiramisu is to maintaining a healthy, balanced diet.
Sunday, 02.18.18 @ 18:27pm

About the 2018 Inductees, KXB wrote:
  Wow, Zuzu, congrats on reinforcing every stereotype people have of out-of-touch, elitist, me me ME Baby Boomers! So, you say "Rock and Roll is Boomer music"? REALLY??? More like Rock and Roll is BLACK music co-opted by Baby Boomers who claim they're stuff is better than everyone else's (not always)!

The fact is, EVERY (eligible) era, from the early years (pre-1950's) to the 90's, has their share of all-timers (and most who just don't measure up); what irks me (and so many others) is that too damn many (11 of 16 in the last 3 years!) acts from the same era and style got in at the expense of more worthier acts (which range from the 50s/60s- The Spinners, Link Wray, MC5, to the 80s/90s- The Smiths, NIN, Radiohead)...

Speaking of the Spinners, they were one of the acts I agreed should've been inducted long ago- so does that make them 'garbage', or is there another factor in your objection to them?

Also, Styx, Kansas, Guess Who, Bread, Seals & Crofts , REO, Grand Funk, Loggins & Messina and their ilk have NO realistic chance of getting in the HoF (F'd up as they are), so get over it already!

Finally, you somehow claimed that my comments were sexist- pray tell, EXPLAIN to me how you came to that conclusion??? BTW, I would like nothing better than to see Kate Bush, Tori Amos, Tina Turner solo, PJ Harvey, Carole King (as a performer), Chaka, and oh yes Janet (among many), but NOT Pat Benatar & Whitney Houston, as their music for the most part was too mediocre (along with too damn many of of your male YR/wuss selections)...

Sunday, 02.18.18 @ 18:03pm

About the 2018 Inductees, Zuzu wrote:
  Gasman,

Who was listening to the music? The Boomer generation was in the high school and college age group that is the demographic that determines the latest trends. My parents were part of the silent generation and they were into folk and pop while others were into jazz - beat music. Come the 80's the decade of gen ex rock and roll is no longer the dominant genre of music.

I have found that some of those experts that follow this ideology are connected to Jann Weinner and the rock hall and there are other experts and artist that disagree along with other artist in genres that are pushed.

A couple of things you need to ask yourself

If these artist are so important why aren't they getting the votes to get inducted?

Why don't these so called experts interview artist who have earned the right to be part of the voting body. I have looked elsewhere and they are not happy with the push ahead policy of the nom com. They feel that deserving artist have been passed over.

Gassman look at my lists right before nominations come out and you will see they are more open then a lot of lists that consist mostly of Brits and R&B.

How can a judgement be made on an artist be made when people do not even know their song catalog or don't even care to investigate their influence?

Looking at the songs listed for REO and Jerry Reed it is as if people are not aware of their work before 1980 and this includes your so called experts.

I will apologize to you personally. I have mentioned I have been having health problems recently and it may be affecting my attitude lately. There have been comments that are sexist in nature and a lot of that is related to artist that are preferred by females and that I find closed minded and offensive.

Gasman why shouldn't post factual info about Chicago artist and Country and folk artist? There are others on here that have their own pet projects.

Sunday, 02.18.18 @ 16:45pm

Linkin Park

The following I had mentioned before in the Classic Rock genre:
Billy Idol
Iggy Pop
Joan Jett and the Blackhearts
Sunday, 02.18.18 @ 15:23pm
Leave your own comment about Rock Hall Projected here.

About the 2018 Inductees, DarinRG wrote:
  Damn, Zuzu is really doubling down on the out of touch, bubble dwelling, tasteless, entitled boomer persona lately. It's so over the top and unrealistic at this point that I'm convinced it's got to be a gimmick. No way this could be real.
Sunday, 02.18.18 @ 14:59pm

About the 2018 Inductees, Nicky Joe wrote:
  Zuzu

Not to mention. What have those artists ever done to push rock and roll? Nothing.

They're bloated, second rate dad rock artists that would only get bought up by those 55 year-old white cis-male bigots who throw tantrums when non-rock artists get inducted. Next to no one cites them as an influence, none of they're albums ever appear high in a greatest albums list and only a few songs are ever acknowledged at most in general.

Stop acting like you're entitled to what is and isn't allowed to go in the Rock Hall and become open minded to close of that arrogant fantasy world of yours.

It's amazing you haven't been terminated from here based on your posts.
Sunday, 02.18.18 @ 14:37pm

About the 2018 Inductees, Gassman wrote:
  Zuzu - You get no right to say that Rock and Roll and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is only for Baby Boomers. That is so incredibly rude, dismissive, and closed minded to the thousands of artists and millions of fans that have continued to advance the art form after the Boomers got old and stagnate. Also, it totally diminishes the fact that it was the Silent Generation that actually created Rock and Roll.

Your dismissive behavior to any music you do not like or did not pierce your Chicago bubble in 1970's is getting old. Speaking for myself and others this behavior is so annoying and unwelcoming to the community here. Try being more open to music you did not get the chance to listen to 40 years ago.

Also, It is essentailly confirmed by Rock historians and writers (people that know what they are talking about) that the MC5, Janet Jackson, and Chic are more important to the overall development of Rock and Roll than Styx, Three Dog Night and Kansas. Facts are facts.

Finally, could you please review your posts before posting. It's a real struggle to ascertain what points you are trying to make or what your argument is when you struggle with basic grammar and capitalization. Thank you.
Sunday, 02.18.18 @ 13:45pm

About Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, Redhead wrote:
  OMD:
* influence, check
* talent, check
* sales, check

But not american at all, therein lies the problem.
The HoF is immensely partial to US music.
Sunday, 02.18.18 @ 13:21pm
Leave your own comment about Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark here.

About the 2018 Inductees, Zuzu wrote:
  KXB

You want to know why alt, punk and metal get cast aside?

Who wants to listen to them?

Who wants to listen to those that consider them an influence?

You want these artist recognized then build a hall of fame for this type of music

Now about your sexist yacht mush comment - do you want to talk about the overload of sexist ding dong rock? Did you hear about the me too movement. Maybe some of the guys need to take a second look at their attitudes on women's preferences.
Sunday, 02.18.18 @ 13:06pm

About the 2018 Inductees, richie wrote:
  Ben,

Thank you for your reply back to me and for your list of nominations and I totally understand that you're wanting to wait until October and I look forward to your list then and I also want to tell you that Gordon Lightfoot is not on the previously considered list so I think you should replace him with someone else like either Janet Jackson, Kraftwerk, or Carole King, but I definitely agree with the other 18 you mentioned (Bad Company, The Cure, Def Leppard, The Doobie Brothers, Eurythmics, The J. Geils Band, Jethro Tull, Judas Priest, LL Cool J, The Meters, The Monkees, Radiohead, Rufus With Chaka Khan, The Spinners, Steppenwolf, Tina Turner, and The Zombies. as well as the newly eligible Beck.) thanks again and Have a great day.
Sunday, 02.18.18 @ 13:05pm

About the 2018 Inductees, Zuzu wrote:
  KXB

Let's get something straight from the get go this is the rock and roll hall of fame - rock and roll is boomer music

This is not the gen ex or millenial hall of fame.

This is rock and roll not a lot of the garbage that gets mentioned or even the garbage that gets nominated.

You kids want to piss in the pool go to your own pool and do it.

mc5
Janet Jackson
Chic
joe tex with his rapist song

should be in - now this is the joke

Newsflash

I will say what I always say put them up for nominations against the garbage dump repeat rejects and let's see who gets in.

I will tell you that

The Guess Who
BTO
REO Speedwagon
Styx
Kansas
Doobie Brothers
Three Dog Night
Grand Funk Railroad

will get in before any the the actual 5 and 6th tier garbage that usually gets mentioned

and before you go knocking these country artist down look at who they are associated with and which rock, r&r and r&b artist have worked with, mentioned them or covered their work.

I don't know what you think you know about r&r but these artist have a lot more influence on the genre than a lot of post r&r that gets mentioned.

If you are going to put down actual r&r what is your purpose in being on here? Is it to glorify your generations music over r&r. If that is it then why didn't your generation simply start your own hall of fame for your music

One again I will repeat nominate my suggestions along with yours and lets see who gets the votes of their peers. Your bs name calling does nothing to change who will get the votes. Just remember patterns. 70s artist get in before 80 & 90s artist, rock and folk get in before punk metal r&b and country artist would probably too.
Sunday, 02.18.18 @ 12:45pm

About the 2018 Inductees, Ben wrote:
  richie,

I am certainly willing to answer your question a.Here is my early list of predictions for the
2019 nominees.

The Zombies

d.Populist Classic Rock acts nominated
Bad Company
Def Lepppard
Doobie Brothers
Jethro Tull

I will not answer questions e and f due to my rule of not predicting inductees until the official announcement of actual nominees. You will have to wait until October for those.
Sunday, 02.18.18 @ 12:12pm

About the 2018 Inductees, KXB wrote:
  (meant to address that to Zuzu..) #sorry #butnotabouttherest
Sunday, 02.18.18 @ 11:57am

About the 2018 Inductees, KXB wrote:
  Rufus- most of your choices, with all due 'respect' (with the exception of The Spinners, The Big Bopper, Tommy James, possibly Chubby, and the top-level country artists), are at best 4th/5th level choices, and at WORST (aka the 'classic rock' groups and the wuss singer-songwriters/groups like Bread) joke choices that are barely one level above the likes of Milli Vanilli, 1910 Fruitgum Company, and the Archies! They make the likes of ABBA, PBBB, and Bon Phony look like legit/first-ballot entries...

Plus, there are TOO DAMN MANY acts far more deserving (esp. in the alternative era) than those blights on music that have been cast aside for too damn many Baby Boomer Yacht-mush groups already ;-(>...
Sunday, 02.18.18 @ 11:54am

About Minnie Riperton, KXB wrote:
  Yeah, and they SHOULDN'T have in Valens' case! #jokeselection
Sunday, 02.18.18 @ 11:39am
Leave your own comment about Minnie Riperton here.

About Minnie Riperton, Zuzu wrote:
  She was a back up singer at Chess Studios

She was in the Rotary Connection

She may not have a long song list but 2 things that need to be considered

she was influential because of her vocals

She died young

The hall does make exceptions for artist who die young.

Ritchie Valens and Buddy Holly are examples
Sunday, 02.18.18 @ 10:46am
Leave your own comment about Minnie Riperton here.

About the 2018 Inductees, Zuzu wrote:
  I ended up missing 2 important artist

Kingston Trio

Rufus
Sunday, 02.18.18 @ 10:09am

About the 2018 Inductees, Zuzu wrote:
  80s and metal are not classic rock

Country is not in anyway an other - it is an integral part of rock and roll. somehow people forget all the country artist that had their work covered by r&r and r&b artist,

Even if Patsy Cline did not do Rockabilly (look it up-she did) her songs are very much in line with both r & b and country artist that are not questioned as being rock and roll.

R&R is not equal to or a subset of r&b. R&R is a pot luck of mainly blues and country with side dishes of r&b, jazz folk and other genres. It is its own entity.

mia

Carter Family (early influence)
no Mabelle Carter - no lead guitar - no lead guitar - no rock and roll and no rock

Chubby Checker

Kansas
Doobie Brothers
Three Dog Night
Grand Funk Railroad

Bernie Taupin (songwriter)
Dr Demento (dj)
Shel Silverstein (songwritter) quess what song he wrote?

Blues Brothers

First Edition
Dr Hook
Bread
Loggins and Messina
England Dan and John Ford Coley
Seals and Crofts

This is just pre-80s and many of these artist should have been inducted a long time ago

What nobody else remembering Canadian artist?

Sunday, 02.18.18 @ 09:49am

About the 2018 Inductees, Ben wrote:
  richie,

Ohh dont worry. I dont need that list at all. Alll or most will probably be on it anyway. I am strong with a prediction of Steppenwolf and the Zombies. I like your inclusion of Captain Beefheart. Wow. Yu listed the Jam. There is Joe Cocker and Johhny Winter to consider. I have no list at this moment
Sunday, 02.18.18 @ 09:21am

About Kenny Loggins, Janet Fong wrote:
  My first concert was seeing Loggins & Messina. Both Kenny and Jimmy are great singers, musicians and songwriters. The duo and Kenny solo have very complicated instruments solos. I loved every song on Celebrate Me Home and bought all the albums after. I preferred his music that was not movie themes. Saw Kenny Loggins 12 times so he kept me entertained! He's more versatile because he sings with other artist of all styles. Michael McDonald, Stevie Nicks, Steve Perry, Crosby and Nash, and more. His voice range is incredible. Everyone has their taste, but I believe Kenny Loggins deserves to be in the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame.
Sunday, 02.18.18 @ 02:56am
Leave your own comment about Kenny Loggins here.

About the 2018 Inductees, richie wrote:
  Ben,

here's some possibilities for next year's nominees:

1970's/1980's Classic Rock Acts

Gil Scott-Heron
Johnny Winter
Junior Parker
Los Lobos
Patsy Cline
Peter Tosh

out of all the names I mentioned which 19 do you see and predict as next year's nominees?
Sunday, 02.18.18 @ 00:14am

About The Contours, Philip wrote:
  The Rationals' version was a fine copy of it, though hardly as good as the original. But you and I both know Otis' isn't considered the standard. Nor the Rationals' (their best song, imo, was "I Need You.")
Saturday, 02.17.18 @ 22:51pm
Leave your own comment about The Contours here.

About The Contours, Bill G. wrote:
  "Hardly my opinion on any of those...

But let's add "Respect" to that list.... and I prefer the Otis Redding original.'

At least I'll give you credit for THAT.

I fully expected you to to say "The Rationals version was better than Otis !!" (Ha-Ha)
Saturday, 02.17.18 @ 22:47pm
Leave your own comment about The Contours here.

About The Contours, Philip wrote:
  Hardly my opinion on any of those...

Saturday, 02.17.18 @ 22:39pm
Leave your own comment about The Contours here.

About The Contours, Bill G. wrote:
  ""Since WHEN does the COVER VERSION become the STANDARD, while the ORIGINAL becomes the ALSO RAN ?"

Twist And Shout
My Boy Lollipop
Handy Man
Little Darlin'
Hanky Panky
The Twist
My Way

??!!!

Opinions are like NOSES. Everybody has one.

Saturday, 02.17.18 @ 22:37pm
Leave your own comment about The Contours here.

About The Contours, Philip wrote:

Twist And Shout
My Boy Lollipop
Handy Man
Little Darlin'
Hanky Panky
The Twist
My Way
Saturday, 02.17.18 @ 22:18pm
Leave your own comment about The Contours here.

About The Contours, Bill G. wrote:
  On that same YouTube page, I read this more complementary , more appropriate comment , by a person named DigiSphere , who obviously DOES research and knows what he (she?) is talking about:

"The influence of the Contours is greatly underestimated. I believe they were responsible for a lot of the influence that spawned the Detroit heavy rock era which had a rough and ready soul element similar to the contours. Think of Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels, Bob Segar doing Heavy Music, the Underdogs Loves Gone Bad, Latere the MC5 etc."

This is a good comment, (totally true) and is a good reason just WHY R&B artists and groups should NOT continue to be IGNORED by the Rock Hall.
Sure, The Contours didn't have as many hits as other Motown groups, like The Miracles or The Temptations, but they DID have strong INFLUENCE on other , non-R&B acts.

As I've said on this site, many times before:
PLEASE DO MORE RESEARCH on Classic R&B acts. This site has Wikipedia and video links to EVERY artist listed here . Please READ THEM.
That way, you can KNOW just WHO did WHAT FIRST...

...and avoid making stupid and silly comments...

about artists that were the foundations of the genre.

Saturday, 02.17.18 @ 22:02pm
Leave your own comment about The Contours here.

About The Contours, Bill G. wrote:
  Read a comment on YouTube recently that kinda angered me.

It was posted by someone named Zerras on a posting of The Contours 1965 hit 'FIRST I LOOK AT THE PURSE".
Most people here know three things about this song:
(1) That The CONTOURS were the ORIGINAL artists, and that they recorded for Motown Records (on the Gordy Label subsidiary)

(2) That it was composed by two of The MIRACLES (Smokey Robinson and Bobby Rogers), and

(3) That it was covered years later by The J.Geils Band.

Here was the comment:

"I first learned of this song from the J Geils Band, I hate to say that I prefer their version over this one on a video of the original. I think its because I get a cynical vibe from the song and it doesn't suit the vocal quartet sound."

WHAT ?

Here was my reply:

Rock Bands are ALWAYS copying Classic R&B tunes. That's nothing new.
"The PROBLEM is that they receive MORE HONORS and ACCOLADES for COPYING the songs, that the ORIGINAL GROUPS got for CREATING them...and THAT NEEDS TO CHANGE .
The J Geils Band is up for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction.
With their massive INFLUENCE, The CONTOURS should have ALREADY been IN there !!!

J. Geils has copied The CONTOURS' "First I Look At The Purse", The VALENTINOS" "Looking For A Love" , The SHOWSTOPPERS' "Ain't Nothing But A House Party", The SUPREMES' "Where Did Our Love Go", CHRIS KENNER'S "Land Of A Thousand Dances", The MARVELOWS' "I DO" and numerous other classic R&B tunes... and they've had the advantage of the across-the-board radio airplay that the ORIGINAL ARTISTS couldn't get ...due to pure racism .
So most people (who don't know better, because they never had the chance to hear the original versions) gave J Geils the credit for CREATING them...and that's WRONG.
This song was written by two members of a vocal group (Miracles members SMOKEY ROBINSON and BOBBY ROGERS) FOR a VOCAL GROUP (The CONTOURS) . That it "it doesn't suit the vocal quartet sound" is an argument that doesn't hold water. I sure that THE MIRACLES did NOT have The J Geils Band in mind when they WROTE the song."

People really need to do more RESEARCH .

Saturday, 02.17.18 @ 21:42pm
Leave your own comment about The Contours here.

About XTC, Enigmaticus wrote:
  My most recent XTC acquisitions are:

Skylarking- 30th Anniversary Definitive Edition (2016)
Nonsuch (1992)
Apple Venus Volume 1 (1999)
Wasp Star/ Apple Venus: Volume 2 (2000)
The Dukes Of Stratosphear 25 O’ Clock (2009)
Oranges & Lemons (2001)
The Dukes Of Stratosphear- Chips From The Chocolate Fireball: An Anthology (1987)

These will be my next acquisitions:

Black Sea -Definitive Edition (2017)
Oranges & Lemons- Remixed & Expanded (2015)
Nonsuch (2014)
English Settlement (2016)

Saturday, 02.17.18 @ 12:26pm
Leave your own comment about XTC here.

About XTC, Enigmaticus wrote:
  My most recent XTC acquisitions are:

Skylarking- The Surround Sound Series
Nonsuch-
Apple Venus Volume 1
Wasp Star/ Apple Venus: Volume 2
The Dukes Of Stratosphear 25 O’ Clock
Oranges & Lemons
The Dukes Of Stratosphere- Chips From The Chocolate Fireball

Saturday, 02.17.18 @ 12:05pm
Leave your own comment about XTC here.

About the 2018 Inductees, Enigmaticus wrote:

Sade
Carly Simon
Doobie Brothers
Eurythmics
Saturday, 02.17.18 @ 11:52am

About Rush, Enig wrote:
  Of course, it had not happened overnight. However, that introduction to the music of Rush, via “Hemispheres” would initially lead me to seek out more similar music. It would lead to my discovery of the music of E.L.O. six months later and my discovery of the music of The Moody Blues eighteen months later. It would also spark an interest and lead to the embracement of many of the major progressive rock groups over the next several years. As a result, I would be re-introduced to the music of Rush 20 months later. I would also be introduced to the music of Pink Floyd 20 months later. I would be introduced to the music of Yes 27 months later and I would cement my interest in most things progressive 32 months later.
Saturday, 02.17.18 @ 11:36am
Leave your own comment about Rush here.

About Rush, Enigmaticus wrote:
  Today is the 17th of February; two weeks ago, it was the 56th anniversary of my birth. Today is Michael Jordan’s 55th Birthday and Richard Karn’s 62nd Birthday. Happy Birthday, gentlemen. Not to discount their birthdays, but today is also the 39th anniversary of my introduction to the magnificent music of Rush via their sixth studio album, “Hemispheres.”

Who would have known at that time, that “Hemispheres” would have been that important to me, overall? I certainly did not at that time and yet, because of that initial introduction to the music of Rush 39 years ago, I had become a huge aficionado of progressive music from that time forward.
Saturday, 02.17.18 @ 11:17am
Leave your own comment about Rush here.

About Rock Hall Projected, Lax35 wrote:
  Hello all.

Before I give my preferences for potential Revisited/Projected Rock Hall Project inductees in the Metal and Punk genres, I should point out that I am intrigued with the idea of altering somewhat the induction process. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I proposed the idea of each of us picking our 7 most preferred artists in the respective genres we are discussing. Tabulating all names, we pick the 7 artists most discussed and preferred and hereby nominate them for our Crown Jewel by October.

In keeping with this idea, though open to Darren's ideas, here are the artists I think are most deserving of induction within the Metal and Punk genres.

Linkin Park: Perhaps it took the passing of Chester Bennington for us to fully appreciate this multi-faceted band. Linkin Park managed to bridge ideals, genres and writing in creating songs and experiences that were impressive and spoke to us. Mike Shinoda and Joe Hahn have turned out to be songwriters of impeccable timing and emotional release.

Billy Idol: One of the most important pop-punk crossover artists and a unique icon for his time. Indeed, Billy Idol is someone that has always maintained his legitimacy and has lived the punk ethos with vigor.

Paramore: I think Paramore will be considered as perhaps one of the better Pop-Punk-Emo bands of the past 15 years or so. Even after Josh Farro left the band, Hayley Williams has led Paramore to a more eclectic and personal output which, while eschewing their punk and emo roots, is still impressive.

Dream Theater: Perhaps the most important Progressive Metal band of their time. One of the best metal singers in James LaBrie, a great guitarist in John Petrucci, innovative keyboardists in Jordan Rudess and Derek Sherinian and Kevin Moore, an impressive bassist in John Myung; and fantastic drummers in Mike Portnoy and Mike Mangini. Plus one of the first bands to utilize the internet as a means of promotion and fan interaction.

Blink-182: One of the better Pop-Punk bands of the past 20 odd years. Tom Delonge, Mark Hoppus, Travis Barker and others have left an indelible mark on the alternative music scene which still persists to this day.

Minor Threat: Before Ian McKaye started Fugazi, there was Minor Threat. One of the more uncompromising Punk bands of the early 1980's and a purveyor of the Straight Edge ethos.

Ronnie James Dio: On of the best metal singers and songwriters and quite an influence as a performer. Pretty much the one Metal singer you think of when you think of Metal.

Well, here they are. Any one of these artists could very well be inducted into the Revisited/Projected Rock Hall Project easily, and it is possible one might get inducted this year. Let me know what you think of these opinions so that the discussion can be more fruitful.

Thank you for the numerous suggestions,

Lax35
Saturday, 02.17.18 @ 10:02am
Leave your own comment about Rock Hall Projected here.

About Korn, Joseph wrote:
  Take a look in the mirror every song on that album is awesome
There is 100 plus songs thatt are All at the top of all my play list 12 albums over 20 plus years can’t compare them to anyone in a classs by them self ,,,, HOF. Definitely
Saturday, 02.17.18 @ 09:18am
Leave your own comment about Korn here.

About Rock Hall Projected, Darren wrote:
  Paul K - I would definitely be in favor of a separate discussion page. I also think that the posts are displayed incorrectly on these forums. If the newest posts were on the top of the page instead of the bottom, it would solve the scrolling problem on mobile phones.

Also, setting a bar for automatic induction tied to the yearly vote is a good idea. If you get X number of votes, you'd obviously be re-nominated, but if you don't you'd need to earn it against new competition. That would be a good way of maintaining continuity and keeping the ballot from getting too stagnant year to year.

Of the responses so far, it seems like we like the idea of creating a set ballot for the final vote, but not the idea of having an initial vote and a final vote.

If we did it that way, the tricky thing is setting the number of artists on the ballot and picking the best candidates for the ballot.

If we stick with a 7 artist ballot, the ideal number of options would be 20-25. I do think we could consider expanding the number of artists on a ballot. In our other projects we've had success with each ballot containing more songs / albums than would be inducted. This has helped to concentrate votes better in our large pool votes. Since it's a good idea to stick with 7 inductees per year, maybe we could consider a 10-vote ballot. A 10-vote ballot would make a nomination pool of 30-40 more palatable, in my opinion.

As for how to pick the artists on the ballot each year, I think that the best way would be a weekly vote with nominations. Genres aren't a bad way of breaking down a large group into smaller groups, but there will always be controversies surrounding which artists belong in which genres, which genres deserve more representation on the ballot and which artists have an easier time reaching the ballot due to an easier genre. I think that having a ballot of "any eligible artist" would be better because each week we'd select the best candidate, regardless of any factors and the ballot would form organically based on the group's selection.

In my original draft of this idea, I was going to propose forming a nomination committee of dedicated voters that were interested in participating in this project on a nearly weekly basis. These 10-20 people would be in charge of nominating the candidates for each week's votes (voting would be open to all interested voters). I think that would be a good way of ensuring participation and if we kept the positions available for all interested parties to jump in and take part, we could ensure that we create a yearly ballot most representative of the interests of those participating in the project and stocked with artists likely to come closest to gaining induction during the vote. With enough participation, it could also help to convince the less active voters who want to participate that they can have a say in next year's ballot of their preferred artist didn't make the cut this year.
Saturday, 02.17.18 @ 00:12am
Leave your own comment about Rock Hall Projected here.

About Snubbed Members, Rob Kranc wrote:
  While I agree Patrick Moraz should be inducted with the Moody Blues, the problem may be that the band no longer considers him an actual member but someone "for hire."
Friday, 02.16.18 @ 23:03pm
Leave your own comment about Snubbed Members here.

About Luther Allison, DIAMOND wrote:
  for the 71% who voted against LUTHER ALLISON, you either loath the blues or have never listened to a Luther song in your music-limited lives. Take a minute to listen and reconsider a negative vote. Hall of Fame or not, he's a great blues man.
Friday, 02.16.18 @ 21:25pm
Leave your own comment about Luther Allison here.

About Rock Hall Projected, AlexVoltaire wrote:
  hi Darren---

There are definitely some good ideas here that are worth discussing. at the very least, I think the final Rock Hall Projected votes should come from a fixed ballot of nominees, rather than letting everybody vote for whoever they want, which leads to lots of competing artists in the same field and throwaway votes.

I would suggest this, personally: every month, we'll discuss a genre and then vote for 1 nominee in that genre. (Adding a miscellaneous genre, perhaps, for artists who don't necessarily fit our established fields). When this is done, we could maybe hold a tiebreaker vote among second-place finishers so that we ultimately get a ballot with 19-20 acts, like the real Rock Hall. From then, everybody can vote for 7 of those acts, with the 7 highest totals getting inducted. It's simple, it's easy, and it encourages year-round engagement with this site.
Friday, 02.16.18 @ 20:06pm
Leave your own comment about Rock Hall Projected here.