Latest Comments

If you're looking for the latest comments and voting for the Song Project, Album Project and Revisited Projected Rankings, check out the Project Comments page.

About Electric Light Orchestra, Roy wrote:

ELO Tribute on Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 2017
Thursday, 05.25.17 @ 05:07am
Leave your own comment about Electric Light Orchestra here.

About Odetta, Reim wrote:
  Artists influenced by Odetta, Bob Dylan, Janis Joplin, Joan Baez, Harry Belafonte, John Waters, Pete Seeger and Joan Baez

These 7 people has an impacted on rock music and for that, she need to be in RHOF.
Thursday, 05.25.17 @ 00:59am
Leave your own comment about Odetta here.

About The Immortals, Roy wrote:
  The next batch of 2-time Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame inductees (BANDS ONLY)

I've ranked them based on which I think will happen first.

01. Matt Cameron (Pearl Jam, Soundgarden)
02. Bill Bruford (Yes, King Crimson)
03. Ian McDonald (King Crimson, Foreigner)
04. Greg Lake (King Crimson, Emerson, Lake and Palmer)
05. Boz Burrell (King Crimson, Bad Company)
06. Paul Rodgers (Free, Bad Company)
07. Denny Laine (The Moody Blues, Wings)
08. Dave Grohl (Nirvana, Foo Fighters)
09. Steve Winwood (Traffic, The Spencer Davis Group, Blind Faith)
10. Dave Pegg (Fairport Convention, Jethro Tull)
11. Bobby Byrd (The Famous Flames, The J.B.'s)
12. Bootsy Collins (Parliament-Funkadelic, The J.B.'s)
13. George Harrison (The Beatles, The Traveling Wilburys)
14. Jeff Lynne (Electric Light Orchestra, The Traveling Wilburys)
15. Tom Petty (The Heartbreakers, The Traveling Wilburys)
16. Richie Furay (Buffalo Springfield, Poco)
17. Randy Meisner (Eagles, Poco)
18. Timothy B. Schmit (Eagles, Poco)
19. Joe Walsh (Eagles, James Gang)
20. Ginger Baker (Cream, Blind Faith)
21. Al Kooper (The Blues Project, Blood, Sweat & Tears)
22. Mike Bloomfield (The Paul Butterfield Blues Band, Electric Flag)
23. Marty Balin (Jefferson Airplane, Jefferson Starship)
24. Paul Kantner (Jefferson Airplane, Jefferson Starship)
25. Grace Slick (Jefferson Airplane, Jefferson Starship)
26. Aynsley Dunbar (Journey, The Blues Breakers, The Mothers Of Invention, Jefferson Starship, Whitesnake)
Wednesday, 05.24.17 @ 23:30pm
Leave your own comment about The Immortals here.

About Rush, Enigmaticus wrote:
  Today is the 24th of May, a date which had been made famous by a lyric from 'Lakeside Park' from "Caress Of Steel," from 1975, arguably Rush's first full blown prog album.
Wednesday, 05.24.17 @ 10:37am
Leave your own comment about Rush here.

About the 2017 Inductees, Ben wrote:
  Enig,

I just want to clarify my last post. I know certain 90s a lot. I know Pearl Jam a lot as well as some other acts like Dave Matthews, Phish and the Jayhawks. There are a whole lot of others less known. I own a few tunes from Soundgarden. Superunknown is a good album. I Outshined from a different album.

I do think the Nominating committee will want very badly to place Soundgarden on their nomination list due to his passing. Tom Morello and Dave Grohl are both on that committee and are saddened by his death. I read that in the last few days.
Tuesday, 05.23.17 @ 15:41pm
Leave your own comment about the 2017 Inductees here.

About the 2017 Inductees, Ben wrote:
  Enig,

I am very sorry also about the passing of Chris Cornell. I am NOT a big Soundgarden fan. I was not a huge grunge fan of the early 90s. I am bigger with Pearl Jam. I have lots of knowledge of the 60s, 70s and 80s music. I know certain 90s a lot. I own a few tunes from Soundgarden.

The 90s are important for ballots now. I had Soundgarden on my 2018 list. But I took them off at some point. I had 4 90s acts. Soo now due to this I took off Rage Against the Machine and put back Soundgarden. Tom Morello and Dave Grohl are saddenee by his death.
Tuesday, 05.23.17 @ 12:36pm
Leave your own comment about the 2017 Inductees here.

About LL Cool J, Jason Voigt wrote:
  It's a rarity, but in my spare time I'm currently writing my nomination predictions list for next year, like the others. For the rap category, I'm torn between Mr. Smith, Afrika Bambaataa, A Tribe Called Quest and De La Soul. If there is going to be rap representation, one of those four will likely fit. I feel hip-hop's most important acts are now in, with the exception of those that are not eligible yet. All four rap acts that I named are all different, perhaps in subgenres. Its very likely L.L. will be on my list, come August.
Monday, 05.22.17 @ 23:57pm
Leave your own comment about LL Cool J here.

About Chris Cornell, KING wrote:
  ENIG
I was curious with Soundgarden's odd time signatures in some songs and the interesting work such as in Spoonman...Do you see any progressive or Prog in Soundgarden's music?
Like many FRL regulars, I was saddened and shocked by Chris Cornell's death. Similar to Scott Weiland, Cornell left us a strong collection from his collaboration in Temple Of The Dog, Soundgarden, Audio slave, and solo work. I had Alice In Chains in my early Nomination List but Soundgarden now will take that spot. Cornell's vocal excellence and guitar work and with his untimely passing all adds up to a Soundgarden nomination. KING
Monday, 05.22.17 @ 15:29pm
Leave your own comment about Chris Cornell here.

About Hall and Oates, Roy wrote:

G.E. Smith on playing with Hall & Oates - EMMYTVLEGENDS.ORG
Monday, 05.22.17 @ 14:56pm
Leave your own comment about Hall and Oates here.

About the 2017 Inductees, Roy wrote:

"Rockin' the Free World" Super Jam - 2017 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
Monday, 05.22.17 @ 12:38pm
Leave your own comment about the 2017 Inductees here.

About the 2017 Inductees, Roy wrote:

"Rockin' the Free World" Super Jam - 2017 Induction Ceremony Full Performance
Monday, 05.22.17 @ 12:37pm
Leave your own comment about the 2017 Inductees here.

About Chris Cornell, Roy wrote:

Chris Cornell Inducts Heart at 2013 Induction Ceremony
Monday, 05.22.17 @ 12:35pm
Leave your own comment about Chris Cornell here.

About Heart, Roy wrote:

Chris Cornell Inducts Heart at 2013 Induction Ceremony
Monday, 05.22.17 @ 12:34pm
Leave your own comment about Heart here.

About Hall and Oates, Roy wrote:

Hall And Oates 2014 Induction Ceremony Performance
Monday, 05.22.17 @ 12:33pm
Leave your own comment about Hall and Oates here.

About Electric Light Orchestra, Roy wrote:

"Roll Over Beethoven" performed by ELO - 2017 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
Monday, 05.22.17 @ 12:31pm
Leave your own comment about Electric Light Orchestra here.

About Joan Baez, Roy wrote:

"Deportee (Plane Wreck at Los Gatos)" Joan Baez - 2017 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
Monday, 05.22.17 @ 12:30pm
Leave your own comment about Joan Baez here.

About Rush, Roy wrote:

"Rockin' the Free World" Super Jam - 2017 Induction Ceremony Full Performance
Monday, 05.22.17 @ 12:25pm
Leave your own comment about Rush here.

About Yes, Roy wrote:

"Rockin' the Free World" Super Jam - 2017 Induction Ceremony Full Performance
Monday, 05.22.17 @ 12:25pm
Leave your own comment about Yes here.

About Journey, Roy wrote:

"Rockin' the Free World" Super Jam - 2017 Induction Ceremony Full Performance
Monday, 05.22.17 @ 12:24pm
Leave your own comment about Journey here.

About Pearl Jam, Roy wrote:

"Rockin' the Free World" Super Jam - 2017 Induction Ceremony Full Performance
Monday, 05.22.17 @ 12:24pm
Leave your own comment about Pearl Jam here.

About Duran Duran, Enigmaticus wrote:
  I would definitely like to thank Pearl Jam bassist Jeff Ament for listing Duran Duran and King Crimson on his t-shirt of Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame nubs.
Monday, 05.22.17 @ 10:03am
Leave your own comment about Duran Duran here.

About the 2017 Inductees, Enigmaticus wrote:
  Ben,

I am so sorry to hear about the recent passing of Chris Cornell. On this sad occasion, I would like to extend my most sincere condolences to his family and friends.

I think that The Nominating Committee will really want to place Soundgarden on their nomination list, due to his recent passing.
Monday, 05.22.17 @ 09:58am
Leave your own comment about the 2017 Inductees here.

About Bob Marley, Pablo Rodas wrote:
  Bob Marley debió ser inductado junto a The Wailers, lo inductaron en solitario como si hubiese sido solista, he ignorando todo el trabajo de PeterTosh,Bunny Wailer y los demás músicos que aportaron su trabajo a cada álbum álbum. Es una falta de respeto con tan buenos músicos y da por hecho que RHOF es enorme a la hora de cometer nefastos errores.
Sunday, 05.21.17 @ 13:41pm
Leave your own comment about Bob Marley here.

About Linda Ronstadt, robtempe wrote:
  "Linda is now outside the pop music world, doing her thing. I don’t know if there will ever be another singer who impacts me like she does. She is truly at the top of the class, along with Emmylou Harris and Nicolette [Larson]. Some artists just have it. Like a painter who is great, you can’t say why. I have been so fortunate to have these friends.
I find it unbelievable that Linda is not in the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame. There is something wrong with that. She should have been inducted a long time ago. I would be honored to induct her."
— Neil Young on Linda Ronstadt in Waging Heavy Peace (via foreverneilyoung)
Sunday, 05.21.17 @ 10:43am
Leave your own comment about Linda Ronstadt here.

About New Kids On The Block, Holly Hubbard wrote:
  This group STILL packs stadiums and is one of the BEST shows out there. I've been to A LOT of concerts and very few groups do I have the inclination to see again. NKOTB are one of the TWO I would pay to go see again. These guys deserve to be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Sunday, 05.21.17 @ 10:01am
Leave your own comment about New Kids On The Block here.

About The Revolution, Roy wrote:

Prince’s band from ‘Purple Rain,’ the Revolution, on 2017 tour to honor the icon in live interview
Sunday, 05.21.17 @ 07:22am
Leave your own comment about The Revolution here.

About Soundgarden, JShortsmith wrote:
  RIP
Saturday, 05.20.17 @ 17:43pm
Leave your own comment about Soundgarden here.

About Phil Collins, KING wrote:
  Like Lionel Richie, Phil Collins was ubiquitous in the 1980's and a hit making machine. I think his vocal abilities and drum work are exemplary. There was a good discussion by the FRL regulars years ago on how an artist should be judged in his or her totality work and solo. Some examples were Don Henley, Stevie Nicks, Lionel Richie, Sting etc. The prevailing wisdom that the two are married in people's minds but a person like Collins should be judged for his solo work separately. That would mean 2 inductions for that artist if their solo work was RRHOF quality. I sincerely feel Phil Collins could be the next 2x inductee. He had the commercial CD sales, awards, and several hit songs. Will try to fit him on my 20 or 22 nomination ballot. KING
Saturday, 05.20.17 @ 17:16pm
Leave your own comment about Phil Collins here.

About Soundgarden, Paul in KY wrote:
  No, Jason. Was not in Detroit. Watched excerpts of show on youtube. Should have been clearer about that.
Saturday, 05.20.17 @ 08:51am
Leave your own comment about Soundgarden here.

About The Beatles, Joe wrote:
  I was going to be a smart (bleep) and say that they should put the Beatles in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (and yes, I am aware that they have been in since 1988), but I'm just happy to have the 800th comment. So far.
Saturday, 05.20.17 @ 00:05am
Leave your own comment about The Beatles here.

About George W. Johnson, Philip wrote:
  By that logic, the U.S. Marine Band should be inducted, Timothy. Being important to the music industry is not entirely the same as being important to rock and roll's evolution.
Friday, 05.19.17 @ 21:42pm
Leave your own comment about George W. Johnson here.

About Sonny and Cher, tandi wrote:
  Ya, Cher never promotes her stuff. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the 60s and 70s Sonny did a great job pushing her stuff and of course their duo stuff but solo Cher usually means great work by her but no real push for it behind the scenes.
Friday, 05.19.17 @ 17:43pm
Leave your own comment about Sonny and Cher here.

About Soundgarden, Jason Voigt wrote:
  Soundgarden was supposed to be in St. Louis (headlining Pointfest) this Saturday. The whole event was cancelled since the following bands didn't want to perform in respect to the man. I didn't know they were doing ROTR. Paul - you were really in Detroit at the time? Damn. Its great that you got to see some parts of the show.
Friday, 05.19.17 @ 15:31pm
Leave your own comment about Soundgarden here.

About Chris Cornell, Jason Voigt wrote:
  I guess I'll add on to the tributes. The only time I saw Cornell perform live was with Audioslave in 2003 at Lollapalooza. That was the last year it was a touring festival. The show was unforgettable. I still think their version of "Seven Nation Army" was the best live cover I've ever seen. Cornell had a great stage presence, with plenty of charisma. He was one of the very few who could compete with Tom Morello's guitar.

For whatever reason, its always easy to forget that Cornell has/had an extended resume. Be it Soundgarden, Audioslave, Temple of the Dog, and his own solo career. Plus a number of appearances he made on his friends' albums. Did I mention he did a James Bond theme and worked with Timbaland? I also heard that he loved interacting with his fans/followers on Twitter. Supposedly that's what rock stars do when they're bored (lol). One of my friends said on Twitter that she was having a rough crappy day, and Cornell, out of the blue, tweeted back, "Laurie, I hope your day gets better". It was legit, trust me, because I saw it.

Like someone else mentioned, Soundgarden should be a shoo-in next year. I know the Death Fairy hasn't been kind to recently departed musicians in the last few years, but this one we all hope to happen.

Rock in peace, Chris
Friday, 05.19.17 @ 15:20pm
Leave your own comment about Chris Cornell here.

About Pixies, greg wrote:
  Vote for Pixies
Friday, 05.19.17 @ 11:17am
Leave your own comment about Pixies here.

About Chris Cornell, Roy wrote:
  RIP Chris Cornell
Friday, 05.19.17 @ 01:12am
Leave your own comment about Chris Cornell here.

About Temple of the Dog, Roy wrote:
  RIP Chris Cornell
Friday, 05.19.17 @ 01:09am
Leave your own comment about Temple of the Dog here.

About George W. Johnson, Timothy wrote:
  George W. Johnson is not household name but his importance to music history is undeniable, in the 1890s when segregation was how society worked, he became the most successful black man in the US and was the first black artiest to be marketed as himself and not under a pseudonym or a fake image.

Johnson was also one of first big names in music to use gramophone record, a major technological milestone in sound recording,

I could talk about how prolific the man was but all of what i said i already, shows how he needs to be inducted into the rock hall.
Friday, 05.19.17 @ 00:04am
Leave your own comment about George W. Johnson here.

About XTC, Will wrote:
  After The Beatles, only one rock band got better and better with each album, and that band was XTC. Their songwriting, lyrics, arrangements, and recording were not only sterling, but in time, shown to be massively influential. I've long since lost respect for the Hall of Fame, and the exclusion of XTC is one big reason.
Thursday, 05.18.17 @ 20:24pm
Leave your own comment about XTC here.

About Victoria Spivey, Timothy wrote:
  lets see, she worked with Louis Armstrong, Lonnie Johnson and Bob Dylan, she written blues classics like Black Snake Blues and Dope Head Blues, she co-founded Spivey Records, a label that released records for artists like Muddy Waters, Screaming Jay Hawkins and Big Joe Williams

she done a lot for blues and rock music, she's not a 60% no and a little research will show you why
Thursday, 05.18.17 @ 18:39pm
Leave your own comment about Victoria Spivey here.