Cast your 2018 ballot here!

Vote for the FIVE nominees you believe will be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2018:
Dire Straits
Kate Bush
Rage Against the Machine
The Meters
Depeche Mode
Nina Simone
The Moody Blues
Please vote for exactly five nominees.

Latest Comments

If you're looking for the latest comments and voting for the Song Project, Album Project and Revisited Projected Rankings, check out the Project Comments page.

About Rock Hall Projected, FRL wrote:
  Logan - apologies if you have been unfairly caught in this net. Those votes are posted again. If the community is good with this explanation, they can re-tally.
Saturday, 10.21.17 @ 20:46pm

About Dio, don wrote:
  One day in the year of the fox Dio with be nominated for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Saturday, 10.21.17 @ 20:42pm
Leave your own comment about Dio here.

About Rock Hall Projected, Logan wrote:
  I have no idea who EDS is sorry. I did notice that Gassman voted from two accounts called Gassman and Gass3268 in previous years! Should you all go back and check his ip too and revote those years?

Are our votes going to count or not? From what I can tell by the only official post of future rock legends themselves I didn't even break their own rule so I don't get why we were punished -

"you can't vote more than once using a different name - if you do, all votes get thrown out"

Well guess what? I didn't vote more than once using different names and that doesn't mention the same computer anywhere. Were none of you shown to this project by other people? How would you feel if you had your brother or friend or wife vote and you got banned because you didn't know. I took the time to show multiple people what I thought was a cool thing and sat down and listed off bands and singers who are eligible It could happen to any of you and I don't think its really fair when I have been nothing but transparent and een offered to make contact with my full name on Twitter or Facebook. But I am being ignored by whoever runs this site.
Saturday, 10.21.17 @ 19:49pm

About Rush, Enigmaticus wrote:
  Roy,

Thank you, I happen to agree with you completely.

By the way, I am still extremely disappointed that “Roll The Bones,” probably the most Moody Bluesish of all of the Rush studio albums, has still not been added to the list of essential Rush albums, even though it was inducted nearly 22 months ago. Why has this not been done?
Saturday, 10.21.17 @ 18:56pm
Leave your own comment about Rush here.

About the 2018 Nominees, richie wrote:
  hey guys who do you guys see getting inducted this year?
I really think that they will surprise us all and go with 8 inductees this year
13 Depeche Mode
14 The Zombies
15 Rufus With Chaka Khan
16 Kate Bush
17 MC5
18 The Meters
19 Sister Rosetta Tharpe (will be slotted into Early Influence)
here`s my predictions for the inductees if they go with 8 this year
Bon Jovi
The Cars
Dire Straits
The Eurythmics
LL Cool J
The Moody Blues
Radiohead
Nina Simone
Early Influence
Sister Rosetta Tharpe
but I would also give an outside chance to Rage Against The Machine The J. Geils Band and Link Wray as well the reason why I really think that they will go with 8 Performer inductees plus Sister Rosetta as an Early Influence this year is because of two things
1 we once again got a big ballot this year with 19 nominees again and it`s in Cleveland this year so I really think that they will induct more than 6 this year last year when they had 19 nominees they inducted 6 with Nile Rodgers as Musical Excellence but that was because it was held in Brooklyn New York at Barclays Center last year and the arena wouldn`t allow them to do more than 6 inductees due to the arena`s schedule they had a Brooklyn Nets game scheduled for the day after the induction last year
2 I just don`t think that they are any worthy candidates for the Non-Performer or Musical Excellence categories this year they did Non-Performer in 2016 and Musical Excellence last year so I think that they will skip both this year and will just do Early Influence this year making it a total of 8 Performer inductees plus 1 backdoor induction this year making it the biggest induction/inductee class in years
I also think that the jam session this year will be I Won`t Back Down by the late Tom Petty as a tribute to him
Saturday, 10.21.17 @ 18:48pm
Leave your own comment about the 2018 Nominees here.

About Rock Hall Projected, Steve Z wrote:
  Another good rule to put up would be how voting starts the week after the Cleveland Rock and Roll Hall of Fame announces its nominees.

Also, we've inducted Clyde McPhatter three times into the hall as well - once with the Drifters, once solo, and once with the Dominoes in the Influences category. We have a LOT of double inductees, especially from the sidemen categories.

Also, to anyone interested (I know Gassman and I spoke about this earlier this year), I did some research into the membership of MFSB and from all the sources I could find, I narrowed it down to thirty-two names that were brought up the most frequently and who seemed to have the most impact with the group (and would, in turn, be the most likely inducted members). I can send the names over if anyone wants me to and we can talk it over but MFSB, like the Wrecking Crew and Love Unlimited Orchestra, were a BIG group with lots of names coming in and out.
Saturday, 10.21.17 @ 18:06pm

About the 2018 Nominees, richie wrote:
  hey guys who do you guys see getting inducted this year?
I really think that they will surprise us all and go with 8 inductees this year
13 Depeche Mode
14 The Zombies
15 Rufus With Chaka Khan
16 Kate Bush
17 MC5
18 The Meters
19 Sister Rosetta Tharpe (will be slotted into Early Influence)
here`s my predictions for the inductees if they go with 8 this year
Bon Jovi
The Cars
Dire Straits
The Eurythmics
LL Cool J
The Moody Blues
Radiohead
Nina Simone
Early Influence
Sister Rosetta Tharpe
1 we once again got a big ballot this year with 19 nominees again and it`s in Cleveland this year so I think they will induct more than 6 this year last year when they had 19 nominees they inducted 6 with Nile Rodgers as Musical Excellence but that was because it was held in Brooklyn New York at Barclays Center last year and the arena wouldn`t allow them to do more than 6 inductees due to the arena`s schedule they had a Brooklyn Nets game the day after the induction last year
2 I just don`t think there are any worthy candidates for the Non-Performer or Musical Excellence categories this year they did Non-Performer in 2016 and Musical Excellence last year so I think that they will skip both this year and will just do Early Influence this year making it a total of 8 Performer inductees plus 1 backdoor induction this year making it the biggest induction/inductee class in years
Saturday, 10.21.17 @ 15:02pm
Leave your own comment about the 2018 Nominees here.

About Rock Hall Projected, The_Claw wrote:
  The Pogues

The Last Poets
Saturday, 10.21.17 @ 14:50pm

About Rock Hall Projected, DarinRG wrote:
  It was something to the effect that they tied in the tie breaker and one had higher placement on more ballots while the other had more first place votes. There was a pretty bitter debate over which criteria should be given more weight. It was suggested that we vote to solidify and define the rule before the next round, but I don't think we ever did.
Saturday, 10.21.17 @ 14:32pm

About Rock Hall Projected, SotN wrote:
  DarinRG: Probably a rule about newly eligible acts. Lax asked about whether Lady Gaga was eligible this year (she isn't...she is next year, though). Most people would likely know about the 25 year gap (this being a site about the Hall of Fame), but since we do several years ahead of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, maybe it's a good idea to direct them towards our yearly pages for the new year (so as to show what acts are the most recently eligible).

(And the Tommy James/Suicide situation? I'm guessing they had a tiebreaker that broke even and had the last vote thrown in favor of the former (since Suicide was inducted the next year.)
Saturday, 10.21.17 @ 14:05pm

About Rock Hall Projected, DarinRG wrote:
  What are some of the rules that would be helpful to include for newer voters? I can come up with explaining ballot structure and the full ballot per category rule, the 24 hour vote change rule, an explanation of the tie breaker structure (the Suicide-Tommy James situation even had a lot of old timers raging and at least one quitting) and the IP rule. Any other suggestions?
Saturday, 10.21.17 @ 12:52pm

About Rock Hall Projected, DarinRG wrote:
  Like I mentioned last night there were a couple incidents that necessitated the one vote per IP rule, but in fairness, one would probably have to dig through a lot of archive to know that. I haven't looked at the top of this page for probably more than a year until last night and didn't realize that we don't have any rules posted. We should probably fix that.

Saturday, 10.21.17 @ 12:30pm

About Rock Hall Projected, SotN wrote:
  One other thing: not only is it possible for multiple people to post on the same computer, but the same thing can happen if two computers are using the same WiFi in the same location: the IPs are the same.

I do think we should put some thought into a solution, because it's possible we can deprive votes from people who are stuck posting from two different computers/mobile devices that are on the same network (or posting from the same computer), but keep the votes from someone using an IP changer as Paul K pointed out. If we want our projects to remain as solid as possible, we should at least look at any potential kinks in the pipeline, even if they end up not being anything to fix.
Saturday, 10.21.17 @ 12:03pm

About Rock Hall Projected, SotN wrote:
  The one that bugs me still is EDS. So far, Logan's post explains him, Josh, Rewd, Frankward, and Austin (Paul K: it was Rewd who said Josh recommended the site to him, so that's in line with what Logan has said). Obviously Razzle, Femme, mooke, and DROULE were same IP joke ballots (and I feel sorry for Sublime in that, accepting all ballots, Sublime had exactly as many votes as MILLI VANILLI...quite an insult to the late Bradley Nowell).

EDS, however, was not in Logan's post, and didn't follow the pattern of the joke ballots. And yet EDS was one of the few who not only had a reasonable ballot, but even posted a tiebreaker vote. Was EDS part of Logan's group (and he just hasn't brought them up) or was EDS part of the joke ballots?
Saturday, 10.21.17 @ 11:48am

About Rock Hall Projected, Paul K. wrote:
  On the one hand, I'm glad FRL takes cheating seriously and removed the obvious troll posts, but on the other I'm inclined to somewhat believe Logan's claim that his friends and him were not cheating. I distinctly remember one of the people in his circle referencing that they were friends or brothers like he says with another one - so it's not like they were trying to hide that fact that they personally knew each other. Also blocking people based on IP or whatever method you used to detect the duplicates is not foolproof. I mean what's to stop someone from just easily using an IP changing software or multiple devices to cheat? If someone is going to try to abuse the system FIVE times without trolling, I feel like they would have put more thought into it. We could have easily just deleted genuine votes while still counting duplicate ones.

I would like to propose a system in the future to avoid this kind of issue/scandal. Some kind of voter registration taking place the month in advance to voting, like a link to a spreadsheet that requires email verification.
Saturday, 10.21.17 @ 10:52am

About Rock Hall Projected, dmg wrote:
  The Pogues

The Last Poets

Those are my tiebreakers, though confused with this whole "scandal". I can understand that there needs to be some way to tell if someone's cheating, but at the very least state it in the rules.
Saturday, 10.21.17 @ 09:50am

About the eligibility class of 2026, Adrian wrote:
  Katy Perry belongs here because her 1st album (Katy Hudson) was released in 2001 despite only 10k copies made.
Saturday, 10.21.17 @ 09:28am
Leave your own comment about 2026 here.

About Rock Hall Projected, BSLO wrote:
  Whoa. Came on to vote in the tiebreaker, and I guess I missed a little bit last night.

I will vote for Nas
Saturday, 10.21.17 @ 08:58am

About Rock Hall Projected, MichaelEU wrote:
  The Pogues

Glenn Miller
Saturday, 10.21.17 @ 07:45am

About Rock Hall Projected, Ian wrote:
  Nas

The Last Poets
Saturday, 10.21.17 @ 06:52am

About the 2018 Nominees, Ben wrote:
  Sue,

I believe you are talking about my post on the Moody Blues page or thread. It is true. They have been eligible since 1989. They could have been inducted at the 1990 ceremony. They would have been alongside Simon & Garfunkel and the Who. That's the post you mean.
Saturday, 10.21.17 @ 05:51am
Leave your own comment about the 2018 Nominees here.

About Rock Hall Projected, Donnie wrote:
  I didn't participate in this and haven't in a very long time. I'm too far behind to even know what's going on with this project these days, but I do have one question.

Why were the obvious spam ballots even counted in the first place? I was reading this thread just cause I was curious to see who would get inducted, and I could tell from a mile away that those were spam ballots. Milli Vanilli, Vanilla Ice? Come on lol.

I'm really disappointed to see that Rihanna ended up finishing so low in the voting after all the "illegal" votes were taken away. I really wish she got more respect around here. She's in many ways the Janet Jackson of this generation and deserves more credit. An example being me nominating "Work" in the Song Project on a monthly basis, a song that was arguably the biggest song of 2016, and yet I'm the only person that votes for it each month. It'd be one thing if it was getting votes but just coming up short each month, but for me to be the only person that votes for it, especially considering I'm one of the people here that enjoys modern music the least, that's kind of sad lol.

Anyways, to address those whose votes were taken away. I'm sorry that that happened to you, but look at it from the website's perspective. I've been on this site for many years, and I've never seen you or your family members/friends post before. If you have, then that's my fault, but I've never seen you guys, so it would appear you're not regular posters. If you're not regular posters, than FRL (the people that run this site) are not gonna recognize you guys, and then you all post from the same computer, well that looks like spam profiles.

I would agree that the rules need to be made more clearer though. I think if this voting was a more regular thing like the Song and Album Projects are, people would be more familiar with the rules, but considering this happens only once a year, it's very easy to forget the rules. Heck I haven't participated in this thing in years, and I don't really know the rules for it anymore. It's a lot different then when it started (which I was a major part of at the beginning).

But sorry to those whose votes got taken away. My advice would be to stick around more and make yourself more known so we all know who you guys are.

And the rules in general for this project need to be more clearly stated I feel.

That's my take on the situation for what it's worth.
Saturday, 10.21.17 @ 04:19am

About Rock Hall Projected, Ray wrote:
  If results hold and none of the ballots are reinstated:

The Pogues

Glenn Miller

"I'm a tinier bit happier with the inductees."

Same lol, though I'd like to see how this all shakes out.

Saturday, 10.21.17 @ 03:56am

About Rock Hall Projected, Nicky Joe wrote:
  Performer, my bad.
Saturday, 10.21.17 @ 02:27am

About Rock Hall Projected, Nicky Joe wrote:
  As for Enos induction as an influence... TOTAL, OVERKILL!!
He's already in as a non-performer and with Roxy Music and I feel like his credentials as a non-performer are more important than as a performer so I feel this third induction was unneeded.
Saturday, 10.21.17 @ 02:27am

About Rock Hall Projected, Nicky Joe wrote:
  Uggh

Nas - Performer
Glenn Miller - Influence
Saturday, 10.21.17 @ 02:22am

About Rock Hall Projected, Gassman wrote:
  "I'm curious if he's our only triple inductee other than Clapton. I haven't researched that."

Neil Young was actually the first, then Eric Clapton for us. I believe Eno is the third. I don't think there are any others.
Saturday, 10.21.17 @ 01:17am

About Rock Hall Projected, AlexVoltaire wrote:
  The Pogues

The Last Poets.
Saturday, 10.21.17 @ 00:52am

About Rock Hall Projected, Logan wrote:
  So nobody is going to bother responding to my votes being takin away? Josh and Austin are my brothers. Frankie and Rewd are family friends. I had them vote from my computer at different points in the week when they were here. nowhere did I read this is against the rules. You need to make this clear as rain next time cause I am not happy. I didn't even tell them who to vote for and we all have very different tastes. 3 of us even have Twitter and we can message you separately there or can you at least count my vote?
Saturday, 10.21.17 @ 00:50am

About Rock Hall Projected, DarinRG wrote:
  "I can see the headline now:

"Scandal 'Rocks' Future Rock Legends Signature Event" "

LOL. Yeah, it's been pretty peaceful around here ever since I quit drinking. We needed some good drama.
Saturday, 10.21.17 @ 00:44am

About Rock Hall Projected, DarinRG wrote:
  "Seriously, Brian Eno gets inducted into non-performer, irking some, and then he gets inducted in a complete Cluster (lol)."

*rimshot* On that theme, there were two incidents that necessitated our one vote per IP rule and the first was a slew of fake ballots voting for Can one year. The guy's heart was in the right place, but...

"Must ask: even with as confusing the way this whole thing turned out, are you happy with the Eno induction as a proper performer?"

It's been a point of contention around here for years with strong feelings on both sides. I always felt that he was "swept under the rug" into NP by voters who were R&B and classic rock obsessed and didn't want him taking up a performer spot and that it disrespected his substantial career as a performer. Others felt that inducting him into NP covered both. I'm curious if he's our only triple inductee other than Clapton. I haven't researched that.
Saturday, 10.21.17 @ 00:40am

About Rock Hall Projected, jtrichey wrote:
  I can see the headline now:

"Scandal 'Rocks' Future Rock Legends Signature Event"

I'm glad it was caught. I'm glad I wasn't a part of it. I'm a tinier bit happier with the inductees.

Tiebreak:

Nas
Saturday, 10.21.17 @ 00:28am

About Rock Hall Projected, SotN wrote:
  FRL: Out of curiosity, were the obvious joke ballots from the same IPs as the five non-joke ballots?

DarinRG: I feel the same way, honestly. I will stick to the Pogues since I was intending to vote for them for months, but Nas is easily the better fit in this ballot. Wouldn't be bent out of shape at all.

Saturday, 10.21.17 @ 00:13am

About Rock Hall Projected, Gassman wrote:
  System of a Down will get the spot that Queens of the Stone Age had on my ballot next year.
Saturday, 10.21.17 @ 00:10am

About Rock Hall Projected, Steve Z wrote:
  Woah, they changes things up a bit.

Here's my new tiebreaker votes:

Nas
Glenn Miller.

Shame to see what happened to System of a Down. Hopefully they can pull through next year.
Saturday, 10.21.17 @ 00:06am

About Rock Hall Projected, Greg F wrote:
  Nas

The Last Poets
Saturday, 10.21.17 @ 00:04am

About Rock Hall Projected, Logan GFY wrote:
  So done with this site! You just threw away votes of five very real life people, my brothers and friends and I, just because all they came from the same computer without bothering to ask or verify anyone. If youre so worried about it, require login accounts. Thanks for wasting our time.
Friday, 10.20.17 @ 23:53pm

About Rock Hall Projected, DarinRG wrote:
  My heart is with the Pogues, but this class will be better rounded with Nas.

Nas

The Last Poets
Friday, 10.20.17 @ 23:52pm

About Rock Hall Projected, SotN wrote:
  My head absolutely hurts. <_<

My tiebreakers are the Pogues and, for Influence, the Last Poets.

Seriously, Brian Eno gets inducted into non-performer, irking some, and then he gets inducted in a complete Cluster (lol). The guy's had an interesting life in the FRL Rock Hall.
Friday, 10.20.17 @ 23:51pm

About Rock Hall Projected, Gassman wrote:
  Here are the acts who got additional votes from illegal votes:

Rihanna 6
Percy Sledge 1
Swans 1
The Faces/The Small Faces 1
The Killers 1
The Sonics 1
Tina Turner 1

Here are the acts that only got votes from illegal votes:

Blue Öyster Cult